MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

they probably reduce the seats to offer more seat pitch for business class. Somehow i have a bad feeling about their new coming products on a333. it will be great if they offer a 34'!

Business Times Report:

SEPANG: Malaysia Airlines' (MAS) (3786) first of 25 Airbus A330-300 jetliners is expected to be delivered next week.

MAS director of operations Capt Mohamed Azharuddin Osman said an official unveiling ceremony for the aircraft was scheduled for April 14.

It is learnt that it will ply the Kuala Lumpur-Brisbane route.

MAS has made 15 firm orders, with options for another 10 new-generation A330-300s. The other 14 orders are due for delivery over three years to gradually replace older-generation planes.

As part of a deal clinched with Airbus last December, MAS had also placed new orders for up to four A330-200F freighters, comprising two firm orders and another two options.

Delivery of the first freighter is scheduled for September 2011.

The new A330-300 can seat 283 passengers in a high-comfort, two-class layout, and is destined to be the mainstay of the national carrier for medium-haul services across Asia Pacific and the Middle East.

MASkargo will use the freighter version for sectors of up to 3,200 nautical miles, with the capability to carry payloads of almost 70 tonnes.

Azharuddin said the arrival of the A330-300 would augur well for MAS to offer more frequencies to key and new destinations.

Similarly, the new freighters will enable MAS to better serve the intra-Asian routes and offer direct services to Europe from India and Bangladesh, while strengthening its market in China.

"We hope to have one of the youngest, most fuel-efficient and environmentally-friendly fleets in Asia by 2015.

"Our partnership with Airbus underscores the A330 family as the most efficient and versatile aircraft in its class," said Azharuddin during a recent media familiarisation tour of its operations at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang.

Read more: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/masnews/Article/

Ok everyone guard your loins! All the spies from the MH Rumour Department have been assigned to get into MTA and get a cabin spyshot for MW. But it'll be difficult I was told (cue: uniform case). But it'll be worth it if the photo is leaked by today.

Ok everyone guard your loins! All the spies from the MH Rumour Department have been assigned to get into MTA and get a cabin spyshot for MW. But it'll be difficult I was told (cue: uniform case). But it'll be worth it if the photo is leaked by today.

I think the photos should not be posted here (post in MH section), and MWingers are not allowed to spread the photos around until the official photos rolls in the mainstream media. Or, better not post that at all. :pardon:

But it'll be difficult I was told (que: uniform case). But it'll be worth it if the photo is leaked by today.

Nah, we have full confidence in you and your insider kaki's :D

We are Malaysians in the digital age after all - think "korek, korek, korek" and "Chua Soi Lek" :p

..... cant wait for the leak!

Really that serious kah ? Could be a valid case for cathing :D

(sorry, could not resist :pardon: )

I think the photos should not be posted here (post in MH section), and MWingers are not allowed to spread the photos around until the official photos rolls in the mainstream media. Or, better not post that at all. :pardon:

ooo come on...

Maybe the pictures should include "a top opposition politician" slumbering on the new J seats - this will ensure that the photos will be acceptable and will not be under embargo nor will any action be taken whatsoever.

I do hope that we get a new thread about the product and services of the new A330. As the title suggests, this thread should be about the order ... Just a thought! smile.gif

ooo come on...

Maybe the pictures should include "a top opposition politician" slumbering on the new J seats - this will ensure that the photos will be acceptable and will not be under embargo nor will any action be taken whatsoever.

Talk about sentiments in the national politics nowadays huh? :)

Thanks for the artist impression flee! Looks a little too plain but I guess it wouldn't really matter on a cargo plane. Any chance that MAS would spring a surprise livery on their freighter fleets too? :pardon:

Don't know!

Would be interesting to see if they follow CX Cargo's (and AA's) silver bullets and fly the plane in without a paint job. It will save about 200 kgs...

Thanks for the artist impression flee! Looks a little too plain but I guess it wouldn't really matter on a cargo plane. Any chance that MAS would spring a surprise livery on their freighter fleets too? :pardon:

I can tell you for a fact, what you see is what you get. :D

Alamak, I've just been told by a reliable source that the seats in "C" will be lie-flat, but NOT 180-degree lie-flat.

While not completely "Musnah Harapan" (destroyed all hope), it certainly is "Mengecewakan Harapan" (disappointing one's hope).

And that further reinforced the rumour that MH's J seats on the new A333 is identical to TG's, or something similar.

Royal Silk (Business class) : installed by Sogerma, France.

DSC_2224a.jpg

A 58-inch pitch, a 20-inch width, reclining to 170 degrees. Business Class passengers on these aircraft can enjoy the new in-flight entertainment system on a 15-inch personal screen

DSC_2225a.jpg

DSC_2226a.jpg

DSC_2227a.jpg

The comparison between the seating configuration of MH, SQ and TG on their new A333s:

MH new A333 - 38J + 245Y = 283 seats

SQ new A333 - 30J + 255Y = 285 seats

TG new A333 - 36J + 263Y = 299 seats

To be honest, I did see a couple of photos of the interior via FB. But, i will not show the photos. i will just give a hint > think of Qatar Airways business class.

Edited by Alif A. F.