MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Actually the Thai Airways new Y class actually is now in many airlines, like Finnair, China Southern Airlines, Qatar Airways and numerous other airlines. Think all are form EADS Sogerma.

Turkish Airlines, SQ and LAN are (were) using Koito seats.

Nothing special of these seats as they are copied from one to another, perhaps only different is the padding and colours. Plus there are only few manufacturers worldwide. But I have to agree TG's looks nice! :rolleyes: :clapping: :drinks:

The J class a bit bit not that nice..at least from pix.

not that impressive. old IFE screens in eycl in fact only the plastic coverings look new. not even an angled flat in business class, in fact, its a very awkward half angle half flat position. it looks maxed out already judging from the distance of the leg rest to the bulkhead.

TG must be keeping their 330s for another 4-5 years then...

MH shouldnt waste money retrofitting the A330 since its on the way out, and the 777 and 744 products are better than this anyway.

not that impressive. old IFE screens in eycl in fact only the plastic coverings look new. not even an angled flat in business class, in fact, its a very awkward half angle half flat position. it looks maxed out already judging from the distance of the leg rest to the bulkhead.

TG must be keeping their 330s for another 4-5 years then...

MH shouldnt waste money retrofitting the A330 since its on the way out, and the 777 and 744 products are better than this anyway.S

Some experts in A.Net predicted that the seat for MH's new A333 will mirror that of TG's especially when looking at the number of seats both airlines place at the J cabin.

Some experts in A.Net predicted that the seat for MH's new A333 will mirror that of TG's especially when looking at the number of seats both airlines place at the J cabin.

adoi! i certainly hope not! cos judging by this TG 330 interior, it already looks about 5-6 years late.

Some other people i met are saying that it'll look more like the BSI 738 seats, but with larger pitch, and longer recline. Dont know whether theyll maintain the leather though.

Newsflash from Brian Egan, Sales Manager, Malaysia Airlines, Brisbane:

-----------------------

9M-MTA arrives KUL on April 5 and will commence KUL-BNE-KUL April 20, 3 weeks ahead of schedule

9M-MTB is on the line as F-WWYX

-----------------------

Thank goodness for that, our "salvation" draweth nigh! No more flights on the old A332 after this - hooray!

I do wonder though, what the C seats look like...

And MH is organizing a contest in Facebook with the prize of a joyride flying in 9M-MTA on the day of its launch.

Malaysia Airlines Travel

Would you like to come for a joyride in our brand new A330-300? Want to be one of the first to fly on MAS' brand new A330-300? Very soon we will be launching a simple trivia here to enable you to fly in the A330-300 with our guests of honour on the day of launch. One of the first steps, towards MAS' fleet renewal effort. 5 lucky winners get to bring their loved one for this ride...get ready for the ride of your life!

2 hours ago

Hopefully one of us will be the lucky one. We demand a full blown TR on it LOL.

Any more news or inside info about the business class product that will be offered on the new A333s? I will be really disappointed if they don't use the opportunity to feature flat-bed seats on their long-haul aircraft, when business class will be their main premium offering on long-haul routes. Only the A380s will have first class and this will only be available for 3 destinations: KUL, LHR and SYD. I'm also hoping that the economy seat pitch is no less than 32".

Any idea when will MAS be repainting their existing fleets of B747, B777, etc...

This would be a very low priority for MAS. The entire B734 fleet will be replaced by the B738NG fleet with the new livery over the next few years. The current A330 fleet will be completely replaced with the new A33Es with the new livery over the next few years too. The B744s will be completely replaced by the A380s next year, so no need for re-painting there either. Only the B772s will need re-painting but I don't see that happening until at least 2013, possibly to coincide with any refurbishment plans for the newer B772s in the fleet.

Really, by the end of 2013, the majority of MAS' fleet will be sporting the new livery.

According to my friends, now at MAS hangar for checking.

Hope your friends can spy for us :p . CABIN PHOTOS CABIN PHOTOS CABIN PHOTOS :help:

This is a tweet from MAS:

CFO Mohd Azha doing the honours for the ribbon cutting, on the delivery of its newest A330-300 http://twitpic.com/4h4lev

Sigh, I thought I have the chance to snap pics on its delivery flight since I missed out on 9M-MXA.

oh my...creating a frenzy here~~ hahas!! cabin photos!! I have a feeling that it will be the same as B738, only it will be a bit wider..:)

I can't lie, but I have the same feeling. Prove me wrong, MH!

So, on the seats of the new A333, it seems that many of us are Menaruh Harapan that we will not end up with Musnah Harapan. But, knowing MH...it will be probably the latter.

So, on the seats of the new A333, it seems that many of us are Menaruh Harapan that we will not end up with Musnah Harapan. But, knowing MH...it will be probably the latter.

hahas!!! I am keeping my hands and legs crossed...toes as well. Please dun fail us Malaysia Airlines..... :rolleyes: :drinks: :clapping: