MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Do non-aviation enthusiasts like so many passengers even care at all about the new livery? They only have positive remarks about it.

When the aircraft departs Brisbane at 2320, you can barely see the livery. During the flight, you certainly can't see the livery. The important part for me is the cabin comfort, seat comfort (pitch, width, total lie-flat etc), AVOD, in-flight service and cuisine etc. Believe you me, five sticks of tasty satay just about beats the prettiest livery!

Believe you me, five sticks of tasty satay just about beats the prettiest livery!

Truer words cannot be imagined :p

Sad though for us spotters - time I guess to divert my attention from metallic flying birds to skewered succulent morsels :)

livery is not about swinging customer decision. its about getting people talking. its about getting the image in their minds for whatever reasons. its about appearing in pics and blogs and the subsequent free advertising all over. same goes for airlines bearing classic 70s liveries. all for the same reasons.

once its etched in your heads (sometimes even subconciously) , THEN comes the pricing and the onboard product consideration.

looking at your comments above, id say MH has done a good job creating the buzz. So who cares if its boring? once the buzz is gone, change again lah.

Airbus A330-323X CN 1219

Test Reggo F-WWYX

MH's new Airbus A333 should be testing soon!

Just to update, MH's second new A333:

Airbus A330-323X CN 1209

Test Reggo F-WWYO

Expect the first of the new A330 to be introduced into service by the end of April 2011. Registration will be 9M-MTA.

Will the first destination still be KUL-BNE?

I find it interesting that both MH and SQ are using the same set of rego (T serial) for the new A333s, 9M-MT* for MH and 9V-ST* for SQ.

It will be interesting to know where will be the first commercial flight of -MTA. Very unlikely to be BNE, although the so-called official launch route may be to BNE.

Some new photos of 9M-MTA by Curufinwe Xiane of Flickr. Copyright belongs to him. Photos are copied from howtecktiam's post in Skyscrapercity.

5471793676_e511cc7d62_z.jpg

5471199099_7244513e7d_z.jpg

5471792228_2b0dd9ec02_z.jpg

5471197835_de763b1ffa_z.jpg

5457666741_e1df6fe6eb_z.jpg

I liked this livery when I first saw it on MXA. On a bigger aircraft like the A333, it looks even better. Like it or not, we will have to get used to this livery as more and more new aircraft will be delivered in it and old aircraft will be repainted when the time comes....

I liked this livery when I first saw it on MXA. On a bigger aircraft like the A333, it looks even better. Like it or not, we will have to get used to this livery as more and more new aircraft will be delivered in it and old aircraft will be repainted when the time comes....

Personally I'm neutral with this livery. Just not something I'd point out to someone while waiting at the airport.

Anybody knows the interior of this aircraft ? :)

The new livery looks quite good on the A330-300.

Malaysia Airlines A330 Enhanced , in new colours .

1884102.jpg

Some new photos of 9M-MTA by Curufinwe Xiane of Flickr. Copyright belongs to him. Photos are copied from howtecktiam's post in Skyscrapercity.

5471793676_e511cc7d62_z.jpg

5471199099_7244513e7d_z.jpg

5471792228_2b0dd9ec02_z.jpg

5471197835_de763b1ffa_z.jpg

5457666741_e1df6fe6eb_z.jpg

Still no seat map for MAS new 333 yet ? And it seems that MAS has totally removed all seat maps from its website :nea:

Yup. I found the new website it's a bit useless without the seat map. Maybe major reconfiguration is planned for across the fleet.

I like this new livery because I don't like the old one too much and the gray belly just eewww o_O

Edited by Johan Z

Now what all of want to c is the interior.... n how good or bad r the products? The golden question here is will the Business Class b far superior than existing MH777s or perhaps better than SQ ? Could the EYCL maintained its 34' or has it improved to 36' or narrowed to 32' ? Will the AVOD comes with "live" TV and Cameras n will it have greater than 500 selections like EK?.......these r the things that matters.

Now what all of want to c is the interior.... n how good or bad r the products? The golden question here is will the Business Class b far superior than existing MH777s or perhaps better than SQ ? Could the EYCL maintained its 34' or has it improved to 36' or narrowed to 32' ? Will the AVOD comes with "live" TV and Cameras n will it have greater than 500 selections like EK?.......these r the things that matters.

I sincerely hope the new business class features flatbed seats. As for economy, there is no way in hell the seat pitch will increase to 36". I would be very happy if the seat pitch remains at 34" but it will most likely be reduced to 32", especially if they use new slimline seats.

Bookmarking the hate thread of MH's new livery on the A333 following the uploading of MH's 1st new A333 on A.Net's database. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5095477/

Looks like the link thread is no more but I think we should just let it pass since it is really unlikely that MH would change the livery again and have new B738 and the A330 having this livery, and then another one for the A380.

Looks like the link thread is no more but I think we should just let it pass .....

Good call :D

Furthermore, the livery is not unpleasant as such

And even if it was, there is supposedly the 5* service to more than make up for it ;)

I like the new livery though. Anyway, I agree with some of the points expressed in the hate thread, that the red bit should be painted on the belly rather than leaving it Euro white.

Good call :D

Furthermore, the livery is not unpleasant as such

And even if it was, there is supposedly the 5* service to more than make up for it ;)

"supposedly" is the key word in that last sentence of yours...banking on past glories.

Looks like the link thread is no more but I think we should just let it pass since it is really unlikely that MH would change the livery again and have new B738 and the A330 having this livery, and then another one for the A380.

Not really: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/aviation_polls/read.main/213229/

That aside, I think the OP really, really needs to get a life instead of calling war against each and every new livery, especially when he has done so on MH's twice already...

Not really: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/aviation_polls/read.main/213229/

That aside, I think the OP really, really needs to get a life instead of calling war against each and every new livery, especially when he has done so on MH's twice already...

They love the heavy and expensive freedom of space and hibiscus livery.

Also they are sick with white kot - airlines, snow, faces :)