MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Yes, you may be right - cos MH seems to be obsessed in frustrating and countering AK/D7's progress so much that they don't seem to have a strategy for their own airline!

Well said :good:

Something I don't quite understand.. MH doesn't have many business customers anyway, why want to squeeze in as many business seats as possible. It's not like they can fill them. Might as well pamper their few existing business customers with plenty of space and comfort. This will attract others.

The times I've been on their Business C/D/J (GCC) flights with the previous B777s, out of 35 seats, it wasn't unusual to find almost all seats taken. Not uncommon to find more than 30 seats taken; I've even been on flights without a single spare seat. Those that didn't pre-book seating preferences found themselves in the middle seat in the 2-3-2 arrangement, neither here nor there, not aisle or window! This is fairly consistent on my four flights a year since 2005 till now, so at least I found the flights full.

On my last flight in July 2010 in the B777, it was so full that when my AVOD malfunctioned, there wasn't another spare seat at all in the cabin, so they had to ask the "datuk" to swap his seat with mine and I got to sit in 1A. Mwahahaha.

Let me tell you, the flights out of Brisbane depart just before midnight, so it's a mad scramble by the FAs as soon as seatbelt sign goes off to feed everyone their light supper and get everyone bedded down and dim the lights. With a full cabin, you should see them rush, almost running to get service completed quick-time.

With such demand and popularity, why oh why are they even thinking of scrimping?? Surely Brisbane passengers aren't that "low class"! Or is this the bogan state?? One has to offer a much better seating than AK - a low-cost airline with lie-flat (8 degree) seats, surely it's time to go for total lie-flat.

Nobody really knows for sure about the seats and cabin and yet people are complaining about it already. Let's wait until we get actual pictures or reports then it's fair to fire away.

I think he had meant the very latest version of the CX biz seat. Not the now-old narrow ones.

The new one IS the narrow one. Herringbone config where you can't even fit a book on your sides, there's nowhere to put newspaper, and also half your body juts out into the 'unprivate' open space. Also, big screen TV looks good in pictures, but when it's THAT close to your eyes (when folded out), you tend to get headaches on cross continent flights.

Which is why i asked la. have u tried it or not. 8 out of 10 i know dont really like it.

Have you actually flown in CX's business class? I'm very surprised with this statement. Majority (except CX staff) of the corporate travelers i know would agree with me.

Indeed, I flew with CX (since year 2000) in all classes (FRCL/JC/EY) both ULR and regional products and I am quite impressed with the dynamic of product changes. I know some people does not like the 'velcro business class' product but is is at par with MH present GCCL product anyway. Why was it called 'velcro business class'? Simply because we need a velcro to stick ourself to the seat or we would slide down on the floor ........ Of cause I would not pay myself to be in that awkward position with current MAS GCCL seat.

Present 'coffin business class' will be a history very soon with the launch of new business class in this summer. The new JC product is almost similar with current CX FRCL, albeit smaller size. As I said, I would not pay myself to enjoy MAS FRCL/GCCL product until it is at par with competitors but if my employer insist on that, so be it ....... :rolleyes:

I am a frequent traveller and I would only pay for the quality ........ but I like MAS cabin crew more than any other airlines ........ :yahoo:

:hi:

The new one IS the narrow one. Herringbone config where you can't even fit a book on your sides, there's nowhere to put newspaper, and also half your body juts out into the 'unprivate' open space. Also, big screen TV looks good in pictures, but when it's THAT close to your eyes (when folded out), you tend to get headaches on cross continent flights.

Which is why i asked la. have u tried it or not. 8 out of 10 i know dont really like it.

No, like I said, he was talking about the NEW one, which is not narrow, and half the body juts into a private space.

Lock SH,

Amongst the younger gccl travelers the velcro seat is more known as the 'wedgie' seat :D for the obvious reasons.so maybe don't wear underwear during long trips...

Mushrif, you're referring to the new cx gccl due to launch in summer? I'd be pretty impressed if you've tried it! Tried googling but all I can find is the herringbone one.

Btw, half inside private is = half jutting out lehh. Sama la what we r saying. Hahahaha

Offtopic again.

N Azman,

The CX new biz class seat could be viewed here:

http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/cx/press/20101207_04.jpg

or from this link:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_MY/aboutus/pressroomdetails?refID=4d8cb3b3240cc210VgnVCM1000000ad21c39____

I tried the mock up and was much better than the 'coffin' or 'velcro' seats, very similar to current FRCL but the size is smaller.

So, may I put on my underwear now? ......... :yahoo:

:hi:

anyone know what is the registration they gonna to put on the new MAS A330-300?

Its anyone's guess, isn't it?

Since the MX series is currently used by the B738s, the next logical sequence is MY. That might mean that the A380 may be carrying the MZ reggos next year. Another possibility is for the A333s to carry the MJ series.

Take your pick!

Its anyone's guess, isn't it?

Since the MX series is currently used by the B738s, the next logical sequence is MY. That might mean that the A380 may be carrying the MZ reggos next year. Another possibility is for the A333s to carry the MJ series.

Take your pick!

it's MT series...

Since the MX series is currently used by the B738s, the next logical sequence is MY

Nope, MH has more than 26 738's coming in ..... ;)

Nope, MH has more than 26 738's coming in ..... ;)

Yes, but it will take a few years before we get there, so the decision will probably be made after MXZ is used up.

MH will also have to look at the A330-200F reggos soon...

Hey all:

The new livery on A330-300 is unveiled....http://www.pictaero.com/en/pictures/picture,112253

ENJOY!! IMO, looks posh on A330s....at least.:)

ps: Am I allowed to put link of other aviation website here? If no, moderator, please remove my post.

That's too LOL~ :mellow: A333 with new livery is a bit plain LOLx.

Those red coloured spiky stuff at the wings (don't know what it is called) looks like painted fingernails/claws of a bird...I like

Those red coloured spiky stuff at the wings (don't know what it is called) looks like painted fingernails/claws of a bird...I like

Well, sharp eyes! I didn't notice that. SQ painted it orange.

That's the flap track fairing.

Should havve known this tread exists over here...

BTW New livery suits the b738 but i do agree with Michael the livery on the airbus is rather plain.

this new livery will make MH super jumbo looks almost totally white. i hope they gonna introduce a special livery for their first a380, something like the old heliconia blue. it will definitely looks awesome on the a380

this new livery will make MH super jumbo looks almost totally white. i hope they gonna introduce a special livery for their first a380, something like the old heliconia blue. it will definitely looks awesome on the a380

They already do Heliconia in blue and Hibiscus in red.Maybe yellow colour ? :pardon:

Well, sharp eyes! I didn't notice that. SQ painted it orange.

I thought they were painted such to raise awareness of their presence, so people won't knock unto those pointy things. You could well have demonstrated that approach is not working as well as it should :p

If you can find a way to make paint lighter then it'll be fine. The old Hibiscus paintjob weighs about 7 tonnes.