MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Has there even been a beautiful Airbus?

The A330 is absolutely beautiful, IMO! I loved the A300, A310, A330 and A340. I think the A320 and A380 looks ugly.

As for Boeing, I think the B737 and B747 look beautiful. The B777 looks ok but I hated the look of the B757 and B767. I also don't like the look of the B787.

The A330 is absolutely beautiful, IMO! I loved the A300, A310, A330 and A340. I think the A320 and A380 looks ugly.

As for Boeing, I think the B737 and B747 look beautiful. The B777 looks ok but I hated the look of the B757 and B767. I also don't like the look of the B787.

I'm the opposite. I don't like the looks of Airbus planes, all of them!

You should see a 787 at takeoff. The wingflex is just beautiful!

I'm the opposite. I don't like the looks of Airbus planes, all of them!

You should see a 787 at takeoff. The wingflex is just beautiful!

I love seeing the A330 and the B747 take off.

How exciting! Can't wait to see it in the new livery. I'm also very curious about the cabin layout and the seats that they'll be using.

You can see the various cabin configurations at the Airbus website. We don't know which one MH has selected, though: http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a330family/a330-300/cabin-layout/

9c95170b7a.png

Can you share with us the basis of that line of thinking?

I used the cabin layout of current (old) MH A333 as a reference, where the Y cabin starts from door 2.

Both new and current layouts of the A333 have missing 16D-G seats. Besides, wings for both layouts start at row 14 (assuming the indication for the wings are accurate). Since both layouts are similar, I speculate J cabin will not stretch into the area after door 2.

My 2 cents.

I agree with your analysis although I hope we are wrong. If you are correct, it means that MH is putting in new biz seats with tight pitch. Just compare the biz cabin with SQ's 330 (and I don't think SQ's layout is that luxurious)

You can see the various cabin configurations at the Airbus website. We don't know which one MH has selected, though: http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a330family/a330-300/cabin-layout/

9c95170b7a.png

What's on the airbus website are no real guidance to what airlines actually put in the cabins.

And I believe the most luxurious 330 operated by an airline are those Oman air birds.

I agree with your analysis although I hope we are wrong. If you are correct, it means that MH is putting in new biz seats with tight pitch. Just compare the biz cabin with SQ's 330 (and I don't think SQ's layout is that luxurious)

I hope my analysis is incorrect too. MH really needs a good J cabin to compete with SQ, for example.

MH's new A333 in her new colors... (C/N 1209)

112253.jpg

source

Not a big fan of the new livery, plain & boring imo...

Edited by reyneo

I've seen the photo last night; and it's nice,although it's too plain.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I hope my analysis is incorrect too. MH really needs a good J cabin to compete with SQ, for example.

Something I don't quite understand.. MH doesn't have many business customers anyway, why want to squeeze in as many business seats as possible. It's not like they can fill them. Might as well pamper their few existing business customers with plenty of space and comfort. This will attract others.

As for their new livery, I'm starting to get used to their plainness.

Most of the MH flights I've been on were full in Business class and premium classes are known to be the major contributor to break-even in a particular flight. And MH Business is relatively good compared to other competitors. Only Y is not on par. It's better to have enough number of Business seats when demand is there.

True ..... however, MAS premium product is at least 3 generations too late compare to competitors ...... :rolleyes:

I personally would not spend my own money to fly on MAS FRCL/GCC .... would rather go to SQ/EK/QR or at least CX's latest business class seat ..... :)

:hi:

Something I don't quite understand.. MH doesn't have many business customers anyway, why want to squeeze in as many business seats as possible. It's not like they can fill them. Might as well pamper their few existing business customers with plenty of space and comfort. This will attract others.

As for their new livery, I'm starting to get used to their plainness.

I get the feeling that MH wants to be able to respond to D7/ AK by offering relatively very competitive fares in Y & C - hence the densier than expected seat configurations across all classes in the new 738s and the new 330s.

True ..... however, MAS premium product is at least 3 generations too late compare to competitors ...... :rolleyes:

I personally would not spend my own money to fly on MAS FRCL/GCC .... would rather go to SQ/EK/QR or at least CX's latest business class seat ..... :)

:hi:

Have you actually flown in CX's business class? I'm very surprised with this statement. Majority (except CX staff) of the corporate travelers i know would agree with me.

I get the feeling that MH wants to be able to respond to D7/ AK by offering relatively very competitive fares in Y & C - hence the densier than expected seat configurations across all classes in the new 738s and the new 330s.

Yes, you may be right - cos MH seems to be obsessed in frustrating and countering AK/D7's progress so much that they don't seem to have a strategy for their own airline! Having said that, I think most legacy carriers are under cost pressures and the recent trend is to pack more seats into their new aircraft. With rising oil prices, airlines are wary of losing business due to the high fares that might be necessary when oil prices increase. Having higher density aircraft configurations might help minimise fare increases.

Love the new livery on the A330 :good: , it looks much more refreshing than the old livery despite being a bit minimalistic. The Malaysia Airlines title finally looks like they are of decent size. I always think they look a bit small on the old livery.

Have you actually flown in CX's business class? I'm very surprised with this statement. Majority (except CX staff) of the corporate travelers i know would agree with me.

I think he had meant the very latest version of the CX biz seat. Not the now-old narrow ones.