MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Suddenly struck me that Hong Kong Airlines and Hainan Airlines share the same colours !

And upon googling, seems Hainan has taken up 45% share of Hong Kong Airlines

What I'm most interested in is the product they're going to have on the new planes!! I really really want to see flat beds in business.

b_17delivery.jpg

Just a couple of months more folks before we could experience MH's new A333s. 5 new A333s will be delivered to MH in 2011.

5 new A380 in 2011 too?! :yahoo: :clapping:

What I'm most interested in is the product they're going to have on the new planes!! I really really want to see flat beds in business.

Since MH is obsessed with AK/D7, the likelihood that their A333s will be so equipped is high. :)

5 new A380 in 2011 too?! :yahoo: :clapping:

I think that this graphic was done before Airbus announced another delay in delivery to 2012. Now it looks like the first deliveries will only begin in 2012.

As long as there are no further delays to the deliveries of the A380, I'll be happy. I'm planning to fly to London in October 2012 and the A380s should be flying to London by then, so I can experience the new flat beds and product enhancements in their business class cabin! Yay!! :yahoo:

5 new A380 in 2011 too?!

Yes, the table was published before Airbus announced the 4th delay of the delivery of MH's first A380 from August 2011 to April 2012. Now all 6 A380s are scheduled to be delivered in 2012.

The number for B738 in 2010 is tally with the actual delivery, although after publishing this table MH mentioned in many presentations that only 2 B738s will be delivered this year but as we all knew, MXA, MXB and MXC are already in the active fleet.

How cool that MH will be getting 5 new A330-300s next year. I wonder where they will be deployed first. My fingers are crossed for these new planes to fly into BNE, PER, NRT and KIX first. MEL, ADL and SYD are still getting the B777-200s, so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The A330-200F's are not included in the 5, so MH is actually getting 7 new A330's in 2011. First destination is confirmed to be BNE.

BNE passengers will be very happy with that, especially when they have the crappy old A330-300s currently with the old-style business class seats that are the recliners instead of the angled lie-flats!

5 of the new A330 will be delivered / operating in may, June, July, August and Sept. The freighters should be operational by Sept and November.

New A330 will operate to BNE (May), KIX (June), PEK (July), PVG (Aug) and DEL/DPS (Sept).

And as usual, everything is subject to change..... :finger:

The A330-200F's are not included in the 5, so MH is actually getting 7 new A330's in 2011. First destination is confirmed to be BNE.

The freighters are considered to be operating under MASkargo and not Malaysia Airlines.

any chances of them doing domestic run?

I highly doubt that, given where they're supposed to be flying to. There's no need for them to go anywhere else in Malaysia outside of KUL.

5 of the new A330 will be delivered / operating in may, June, July, August and Sept. The freighters should be operational by Sept and November.

New A330 will operate to BNE (May), KIX (June), PEK (July), PVG (Aug) and DEL/DPS (Sept).

Thank you Capt. for this wonderful info! Looks like the cheapest and most affordable way to experience the new A333s is through DPS.

I hope someone could post any picture of MH's first new A333 soon. For delivery in April 2011, which is just 4 months away, the frame should have been built (?). I have searched at several websites but to no avail (I have no spies in Toulouse unfortunately LOL).

I hope someone could post any picture of MH's first new A333 soon. For delivery in April 2011, which is just 4 months away, the frame should have been built (?). I have searched at several websites but to no avail (I have no spies in Toulouse unfortunately LOL).

Keep a constant look at http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=60218&start=255 for all your Airbus pictures... ;)

Do we have an accurate deployment date for the new A330 to BNE? I've already moved my departure BNE-KUL to 15-May as I thought that was the start of the new run.

Just did the return flight on the old planes and let me tell you, the Chief Steward (? designation) was apologising profusely for the terrible equipment. Can't remember being so zonked from an overnight flight in such a long time from those dreadful recliner seats!

Do we have an accurate deployment date for the new A330 to BNE? I've already moved my departure BNE-KUL to 15-May as I thought that was the start of the new run.

Just did the return flight on the old planes and let me tell you, the Chief Steward (? designation) was apologising profusely for the terrible equipment. Can't remember being so zonked from an overnight flight in such a long time from those dreadful recliner seats!

MH have a business class sale from BNE ending in May (can't remember the date exactly). The fare is really cheap but I think it's because they're using the old A333. The prices will go up to match fares from SYD and MEL once the new A333 starts plying the route.

MH have a business class sale from BNE ending in May (can't remember the date exactly). The fare is really cheap but I think it's because they're using the old A333. The prices will go up to match fares from SYD and MEL once the new A333 starts plying the route.

How cheap are we talking about?

How cheap are we talking about?

I think it was about AUD2500 return but, unfortunately, the sale has ended. The price is now about AUD3700, which is still very good value (in my opinion) if one scores the new A330s! I'd be annoyed if I'd paid AUD3700 and ended up with the old business class recliners. <_>