MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

It can at reduced load but there is no safety margin if there is a full load. However, I do not think MH plans to use the A333 on their European routes. They will continue with the B772's on those routes (not many). Perhaps they may buy some next generation B777s, B787s or A350s later, when the current B772's are due for replacement.

As for cargo, range is not so important as the A332F can make fuel stops along the way. According to Airbus, the A332F's range is 7,400 km. This compares with 13,400 km for the pax version and 10,800 km for the A333.

Thanks. So, 787/A350 order is expected to replace B777.

i like A330 better than 777 for their 2-4-2 seat arrangement. Cant wait for them. Dont forget MH has 10 options of A330 that likely to replace 777-200. i think A330 is going to takeover all route to aussie,asia,mid-east. South africa maybe? hmm

As previously mentioned, A330 may struggle to do direct KUL-JNB because of the ETOPS restriction and costly (I will stand corrected if I am wrong). Higher ETOPS-rated, like A350 may be more suitable.

Edited by Johan Z

Apparently the new A330s will not have crew bunks as well, therefore won't be doing anything further than about 8 hours flight away.

Thanks for the info. Are 15 enough to replace triple 7 and old A330? Or will MH reverse the roles of 777 and A330 - A330 serve Oceania, Middle-East and other high yielding routes, while the old 777 serve long haul and not-so prestigious routes?

i hope they introduce free wifi, i can stand hours browsing without food or PTV. free wifi will kick SQ off!

Edited by fenandri

That's a good idea. Though I don't think any airline in the world offers it for free. I do hope they have power for every seat though, which should be pretty common these days.

The original A330 platform, which MH presently operates was designed in the mid-80's and delivered in 1994 to MAS - 15 years of loyal service. Back then, passenger cabins were merely seats with giant screens in front of each cabin zone. How many original A330's in the world TODAY have an IFE suite? IIRC, Thai & Cathay were also recepients of the aircraft but did NOT have Personal IFE fitted...

dscn5929.jpg

CX A333

:drinks:

hey there...... just askin out of curiosity........ whats the maximum flight hours for a fully loaded A330-300 caus wiki said that it could go up to 10,460km(this is based on no head wind or tail wind) n i checked it using the Google Maps Distance Calculator, it could go up to Stockholm nonstop.

kind regards,

Haansel.....

The SQ (2nd), 3rd and 4th look good. Don't really like the first one.

first one is from hainan airlines (same with garuda airlines and airfrance)

second pis is singapore airlines

Third pic is air canada

Last pic is from TAP (same with emirates)

first one is from hainan airlines (same with garuda airlines and airfrance)

second pis is singapore airlines

Third pic is air canada

Last pic is from TAP (same with emirates)

The Air Canada on eis really coool. ope MH will do something like that.

If TG and MH are contemplating an alliance of any kind, they're off to a flying start with those seat covers ! :D

Does anyone know if MH is planning to have fully flat bed seats in business class on their new aircraft? I'd be extremely disappointed if they aren't. And is there any news about what the new economy seats will be like? I hope they don't use those slide-forward seats like SQ or CX use because they're so uncomfortable!

Does anyone know if MH is planning to have fully flat bed seats in business class on their new aircraft? I'd be extremely disappointed if they aren't. And is there any news about what the new economy seats will be like? I hope they don't use those slide-forward seats like SQ or CX use because they're so uncomfortable!

may i know is there any difference in term of the "current" economy seat on the A330-300 between MH and SQ/CX?

may i know is there any difference in term of the "current" economy seat on the A330-300 between MH and SQ/CX?

The current economy seat on MH's A330-300 is more cushioned and the seat back reclines without the the actual seat sliding forward. SQ and CX's seats are thinner and harder, and they slide forward to create more recline but this results in the legroom being reduced.

Thx for the infos Josh! Good Day!

That's a big plus for the old generation seats on MH 777, 747 and A330. The seats in Y are more bulky and comfortable. I never tried the new gen seats on SQ and CX, but I heard they are quite hard, especially on CX.