MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
C.Foo

Royal Brunei to recieve 3 B777-300ER's

Jet Airways has got the go-ahead from the Bombay High Court to lease out three of its Boeing (NYSE:BA) 777 aircraft to Royal Brunei Airline.

Earlier in May, the Court had allowed Jet to lease out one Boeing to Turkish Airlines in addition to the three leased to the same carrier.

Jet needs the Court's permission each time it enters into a third party transaction.

From http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/airlinersindia-ftopic8682.html

This is intresting as the the 777 could be used to fly the new services to SYD, MEL and current BNE.Then onwards the plane goes to LHR. When I was on board BI in 08 about 80 percent of the flight were people from London, going to Australia. I could see the 1 plane for LHR 2 TO BNE, SYD, MEL. aND mAYBE PER gets upgraded to a 767 as its peak season down under. Does the 777 acousition mean sunny california. :rolleyes:

http://www.brudirect.com/index.php/2009121912628/Fourth-Stories/3-boeing-777s-available-to-rba-on-lease.html

Bandar Seri Begawan - Three Boeing 777s will be available to Royal Brunei Airlines (RBA) on lease, after the Mumbai High Court had approved the deal for troubled Jet Airways of India, a report from an India newspaper said over the weekend.

Royal Brunei Airlines officials were unable to return calls by press time yesterday, however an industry insider said that RBA is expecting training for their staff and crew in anticipation for the arrival of the Boeing 777s wide-body jets suitable to fly long-haul routes.

Sources said RBA technical staff had also travelled to New Delhi to assess the aircraft earlier this year.

A lot of the leave for in-flight staff have been frozen," said the source, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The source also added that the engineering staff from Brunei's national carrier are expected to undergo training in Washington State, US. home of aircraft manufacturer, Boeing.

The B777s' arrival in Brunei is part of RBA's intentions to revamp its ageing fleet reported previously by The Brunei Times.

The move is expected to strengthen the airline's long-haul capabilities by being able to cater for more passengers and to travel to more destinations.

The source said the plans are aimed at having the planes operational early next year, possibly in February.

When contacted, Shubratandon, a Mumbai correspondent for the Hindu Business Line, said that the deal taking the planes to Brunei Darussalam needed to be approved by the Mumbai High Court after a dispute between Jet Airways and Sahara, which it bought over in 2007.

Whether RBA will elect to use the Jet Airways aircraft still remains to be seen.

Reports from Bloomberg UTV had said Jet Airways previously leased the aircraft to Gulf Air and the very same planes were being lined up for Brunei's national carrier.

While the official figures have yet to be released, the report from Bloomberg UTV had stated that an earlier deal to lease 777s from Air India priced between $1 million and $1.5 million per aircraft. The leasing deal struck with Gulf Air of Bahrain was valued at $2.2 million.

The airline industry had been abuzz after news had initially surfaced on RBA's plan to lease several ex-Varig aircraft. One of the planes had even been repainted and was photographed in Fort Worth, Texas, with the RBA livery.-- Courtesy of The Brunei Times

rba.jpg

private suite for First class and Herringbone Seats for business class...coolness!!

with this I am sure MH will lose lots of pax from Borneo to Europe/Australia.

That is if the fare is good and the timing is right. Right now RBA's timing into KCH is horrible and the price is rather expensive.

Except BI's flights from Australia are the opposite of Kuching they are dirt cheap. :rolleyes:

That is if the fare is good and the timing is right. Right now RBA's timing into KCH is horrible and the price is rather expensive.

Staying in Borneo I can say that unless it's dirt cheap otherwise can't see either KCH or BKI feeding their BWN hub.

-OT-

Waaaaa..... they did it again....

I guess Chaity gotta get in touch with the news blog

for "borrowing" his photo... Chaity's

Sorry OT for a while

Thank you guys for the info as I just came across this thread after a month. :huh:

Sent them a mail see how professional they are to handle case like this :nea:

Sorry for OT. :sorry:

Chai Chai, it's Fatt Chai time, time to demand CNY ANG POW (Tiger Flavor)!! :good: :rofl:

Edited by Ignatius

Staying in Borneo I can say that unless it's dirt cheap otherwise can't see either KCH or BKI feeding their BWN hub.

RBA fares is always cheaper comparable to the regional airlines. With the soon to be in the fleets B777-300ERs, MH will certainly loose some of the market shares from east Malaysia here. For the past few years, passengers who are price sensitive have choosen to fly RBA to LHR, HKG and etc.

Yeay OZ BI is cheap especially on the hopping mad route.

RBA fares is always cheaper comparable to the regional airlines. With the soon to be in the fleets B777-300ERs, MH will certainly loose some of the market shares from east Malaysia here. For the past few years, passengers who are price sensitive have choosen to fly RBA to LHR, HKG and etc.

Agree with you there Kenneth. However the mgmt of BI is also rather dodgy. I flew to PVG on BI a few years back and now that route is no more. So network wise they aren't really offering much at it moment. Believe the BI flight to LHR is a transit flight and not direct?

Well, the destinations that BI fly is rather limited....hopefully with the B777-300ERs, they can expand their's network. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kenneth T

Thank you guys for the info as I just came across this thread after a month. :huh:

Sent them a mail see how professional they are to handle case like this :nea:

Sorry for OT. :sorry:

Maybe we can start a sticky "copyright infringement" thread...

Believe the BI flight to LHR is a transit flight and not direct?

BI does offer direct flights between BWN and LHR, although there is a stop in Dubai both ways. Hopefully with the introduction of the B77W, they are able to offer non-stop service between LHR and BWN.

BI may take away some MH market shares at BKI... As for KCH I am not sure how they can get things worked by just offering 2x per week. Sometimes I feel that their management is running the airline as if we are still in the 80's.

Edited by H C Chai

BI does offer direct flights between BWN and LHR, although there is a stop in Dubai both ways. Hopefully with the introduction of the B77W, they are able to offer non-stop service between LHR and BWN.

BI may take away some MH market shares at BKI... As for KCH I am not sure how they can get things worked by just offering 2x per week. Sometimes I feel that their management is running the airline as if we are still in the 80's.

Exactly....BI should be able to fly nonstop from BWN and LHR by then.

Hi H C Chai, BI will start flying BWN-KCH 3X weekly from Apr. BI will do well in KCH if they have better connection time in and out of KCH. Some destinations involves a stop-over in BWN...I really don't mind if it include a hotel stay with hotel/airport transfers. If BI has the same frequency of BWN-BKI into KCH, I'm sure many will fly on BI.

Sad to say, KCH/Sarawak people, though not all, prefer to fly out of SIN and KUL...to them only SQ and MH is "class"....aiyo...the mentality of people here...

If there is "1" good reason for me to fly on BI would be the fact that most flights are not that full, and you really get to stretch out and relax...whereas I believe SQ and MH will have better load serving those same routes, and thus less space for their passengers to relax...

I first flew on BI when I was 4, and I really hope to see BI grow...BI has a special place in my heart as it ignited my love for planes....

Hi H C Chai, BI will start flying BWN-KCH 3X weekly from Apr. BI will do well in KCH if they have better connection time in and out of KCH. Some destinations involves a stop-over in BWN...I really don't mind if it include a hotel stay with hotel/airport transfers. If BI has the same frequency of BWN-BKI into KCH, I'm sure many will fly on BI.

Sad to say, KCH/Sarawak people, though not all, prefer to fly out of SIN and KUL...to them only SQ and MH is "class"....aiyo...the mentality of people here...

If there is "1" good reason for me to fly on BI would be the fact that most flights are not that full, and you really get to stretch out and relax...whereas I believe SQ and MH will have better load serving those same routes, and thus less space for their passengers to relax...

I first flew on BI when I was 4, and I really hope to see BI grow...BI has a special place in my heart as it ignited my love for planes....

Well with so many airlines to choice from it's a bit tough for BI to fly to LHR with their B767 with 1 stop in DXB, 2 if you consider BWN as one. My friend brought his family to LHR last time and upon return his son remarks "I don't want to stop at the desert again. :p Plenty of other airlines offer better equipment or nonstop service.

KCH is centrally located between East and West Malaysia so you guys can choose between flying out from KUL/SIN or to a lesser extend BWN/BKI. For us it's a 2.5 hours flight to either destination just to catch a connecting flight. So it's not so convenient and cost effective for us.

KCH is centrally located between East and West Malaysia so you guys can choose between flying out from KUL/SIN or to a lesser extend BWN/BKI. For us it's a 2.5 hours flight to either destination just to catch a connecting flight. So it's not so convenient and cost effective for us.

Touché...I forgot about the fact that BKI is further from KUL/SIN....

Well with so many airlines to choice from it's a bit tough for BI to fly to LHR with their B767 with 1 stop in DXB, 2 if you consider BWN as one. My friend brought his family to LHR last time and upon return his son remarks "I don't want to stop at the desert again. :p Plenty of other airlines offer better equipment or nonstop service.

Your friend's son likely did not have to fork out the cash himself or cost is not an issue with the family ;)

Sign in to follow this