MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

RMAF may get own aerobatics team

RMAF may get own aerobatics team

2009/12/06

LANGKAWI: Move over, Red Arrows. Watch out, Thunderbirds and Blue Angels.

The flyboys of the Royal Malaysian Air Force will have their very own, dedicated aerobatics team if Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has his way.

Zahid said Lima 2011 may see the debut of the RMAF's own aerobatics team and the aircraft would be decked out to the hilt.

"Hopefully, we will have our own team. I think the Pilatus PC-7 aircraft are perfect for this.

"We have enough trainer aircraft to show their capabilities," he said.

The pilots of the RMAF who have been flying aerobatics for all the Lima exhibitions are not dedicated aerobatics flyers. They are, in fact, combat pilots and trainers who train only once during Lima.

Even the Taufan Ganas aerobatics team is not a real aerobatics team. They are made up of the 17th/19th Squadrons' pilots and MiG-29N Fulcrum aircraft. Despite not training much before the show, the pilots have put on a creditable show.

In dedicated aerobatics teams, such as the Red Arrows, pilots train for complicated manoeuvres which require team work.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/19aeron/Article/index_html

Can or Not.. :p I prefer fighter planes being made aerobatic planes rather than trainers.. , they can use the hawks, make it a 6 aircraft aerobatic team.. :good:

Can or Not.. :p I prefer fighter planes being made aerobatic planes rather than trainers.. , they can use the hawks, make it a 6 aircraft aerobatic team.. :good:

Or the new Aermacchis? :D

Or the saliva dripping Su30MKM.. and speaking about the name,, it would be interesting to know what name they'd come up with.. ;)

We Malaysian really like to follow others .. want to do this and that.. and in the end.. we become 1Laughing stock.. whatla.. never learn :p

Seriously.. if the name has anything to do with 1... I'll sue NAJIB

Edited by Ignatius

I don't think the SU-30 can be taken away from frontline duty. Cost per flying hour is also very high for jets. So the PC-7 is the only practical and affordable way for RMAF to have a aerobatic team.

I bet it will be something start with 1 as said *staring at 1Malaysia F1 team*

Hope it will looks somewhat like this

Su-30_MKM.png

Ignore the graphic, not MSFS afterall. Name it Stripes of Glory =D

I bet it will be something start with 1 as said *staring at 1Malaysia F1 team*

Hope it will looks somewhat like this

Ignore the graphic, not MSFS afterall. Name it Stripes of Glory =D

OH NO ! My eyes !! I wonder is there any "special colour" for fighter planes ?

Please leave the paint alone :p

We'll see in LIMA 2011, words from the politicians, you know lahhh.

The hawk is still better than the PC-seben. PC-7 is too slowmo like the Roulettes of AUstralia.. yawn. boring. imagine being flown by our fighter pilots.. even greater yawnss.. not trying to be negative here, but we can't hide the facts that we are not very good at following other peoples footstep. And stop the 1Maggot thingy hahaha.. it's really is a 1Laughing stock matter. :rofl:

The hawk is still better than the PC-seben. PC-7 is too slowmo like the Roulettes of AUstralia.. yawn. boring. imagine being flown by our fighter pilots.. even greater yawnss.. not trying to be negative here, but we can't hide the facts that we are not very good at following other peoples footstep. And stop the 1Maggot thingy hahaha.. it's really is a 1Laughing stock matter. :rofl:

we can actually press the button "FF". hehe... hopefully the 1acro will motivate me back to Lima11. :p

Edited by Samuel Chy

Maybe can use the F-5 Tigers. Then we can go and see Tiger show @ LIMA 2011. :p

Why don't they just try doing something totally different and maybe wacky by using their transports ( C130 or maybe the old Caribou's) for the aerobatic team. Maybe even a helicopter aerobatic team, that'll be something. ;)

Hmm,Who knows if the MB339CD is also used for the acrobatic team,besides than the Pilatus PC-7.

Why don't they just try doing something totally different and maybe wacky by using their transports ( C130 or maybe the old Caribou's) for the aerobatic team.

I'm with you..example is Fat Albert from Blue Angels (c130) ok la..but not caribou la

we can name it GOMOK(fatso) :rolleyes:

Northrop F-5 also an agile aircraft that represent a good reputation during early supersonic jet aged (80's)

besides that the aircraft figure is more like keris (ancient Malay weapon) and should deserve title "Taming Sari" rather than the platypus pc-7 :pardon:

Why don't they just try doing something totally different and maybe wacky by using their transports ( C130 or maybe the old Caribou's) for the aerobatic team

The C130's at a stretch of one's imagination, but then don't expect any too spectacular manoeuvres

I would imagine the cost of bringing the Caribou's back to mere flying condition is well beyond our RMAF's budgetary limitations, what more having then structurally reinforced for aerobatic duties :)

Good to see some thoughts outside the box thought :good: :)

YOu guys forgotten about the CN235.. sleek babe.. they'd do a nice aerobatic transport plane as well haha.. We have insufficient F5 to run one team.. so my best preferrence is still the hawks.. , platypus 7??? no thanks... no kick :p

Sorry but I only have bad memory of Russian made aircraft acrobatic team. :( On a few occasions, including one of the previous LIMA, the planes crashed.

the russians planes crashed not because the plane is not good.. it is the pilot who over did it, flying it to the limit or pilot error. Russian planes are ok.. :yahoo: