MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cornelis Boersma

Spotting in the Caribbean

Good good..Let me work and earn enough $$ first :lol:

The good thing about it is you only need kit lens for spotting there I believe. Thought D7 was planing to fly into Paris and maybe it would be more affordable.

The good thing about it is you only need kit lens for spotting there I believe. Thought D7 was planing to fly into Paris and maybe it would be more affordable.

I think they got approval for flights to Paris Orly. Take from Orly Corsair to SXM and that should be a quite cheap way! If it doesnt saves much money spend a few pennies more and use KLM from AMS or AFR from CDG

How about SIN-FRA-JFK-MIA-SXM, then SXM-AMS-SIN? :p

This would be an expensive option IMHO as it involves different airlines and alliances:

SIN-FRA-JFK-MIA-SXM on SQ-UA/Star Alliance...

SXM-AMS-SIN on KL/Skyteam

Better stick to one Alliance; just had some excellent experiences on CO recently, and their fares were a real 'bargain'...

How about SIN-SQ-FRA-SQ-JFK//EWR-CO-SXM then SXM-CO-EWR-SQ-SIN ? MIA will be omitted, tho...

or.....SIN-KL-AMS-KL-JFK-DL-MIA-AA-SXM then SXM-AF-CDG-AF-SIN ? ;) AA=OneWorld ofcourse...

This would be an expensive option IMHO as it involves different airlines and alliances:

SIN-FRA-JFK-MIA-SXM on SQ-UA/Star Alliance...

SXM-AMS-SIN on KL/Skyteam

Better stick to one Alliance; just had some excellent experiences on CO recently, and their fares were a real 'bargain'...

How about SIN-SQ-FRA-SQ-JFK//EWR-CO-SXM then SXM-CO-EWR-SQ-SIN ? MIA will be omitted, tho...

or.....SIN-KL-AMS-KL-JFK-DL-MIA-AA-SXM then SXM-AF-CDG-AF-SIN ? ;) AA=OneWorld ofcourse...

Thanks Pieter for the suggestion. I have searched thru a few sites. Traveling from this part of the world to SXM is too bloody expensive even with staff travel discount thrown in. Not mentioning the accommodation on this 'rich' island. <_>

Goodday guys,

Here some shots from BONAIRE, most KLM, is btw the most interesting visitor here! KLM MD11s cant be seen in full daylight anymore starting KLM's winterschedule which removes KLM MD11 on the Ecuador route. BON gets flights combined with other Caribbean Islands now with MD11 arriving around 7 PM.

BON001.jpg

BON002.jpg

BON003.jpg

BON004.jpg

BON005.jpg

BON006.jpg

BON007.jpg

BON008.jpg

CUR is the most interesting one of the Dutch Antilles airports, with all these Venezuelan 'oldies': didn't know GOL even flew there... :blink:

You mean AUA I guess?

I unfortunately missed the Aserca Diesel 9s :( Not flying on the day I was there, the day after, 2 flights :sorry:

AUA indeed... :sorry:

Let's see if I can visit the Neth Antilles again next year (together with SXM)... :pardon:

superb pictures.....my jaw just dropped :good:

the jet blast of the kid into the ocean somehow looks cool :clapping: (although a bit dangerous)

p/s what airline with the "LASER" livery is that :blink:

superb pictures.....my jaw just dropped :good:

the jet blast of the kid into the ocean somehow looks cool :clapping: (although a bit dangerous)

p/s what airline with the "LASER" livery is that :blink:

LASER is a Venezuelan airline...

Some shots from holidays last month

SXM001.jpg

SXM002.jpg

SXM003.jpg

Overflying Anguilla

SXM004.jpg

My plane departing for CUR. It was a bummer flying BFH again, the same machine as 3 years ago to SXM, I dislike the Asia titles and really miss the crown :(

SXM005.jpg

SXM006.jpg

This one shot from my hotel balcony

SXM007.jpg

SXM008.jpg

SXM009.jpg

See the Ocean reflect on the wings?

SXM010.jpg

Copa is always LOW! Correction to that: EXTREMELY LOW!

SXM011.jpg

SXM012.jpg

This shot taken from hotel balcony

SXM013.jpg

SXM014.jpg

SXM014.jpg

Flight to Saba

SXM015.jpg

Runway of Saba, the airport with shortest asphalt runway of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

SXM016.jpg

SXM017.jpg

Somedays its busy on the beach, especially the days there is a cruiseship in town and when you dont like planes you might enjoy other things, or maybe both :yahoo:

SXM018.jpg

SXM019.jpg

SXM020.jpg

Uhh yes, I said both hehe :pardon:

SXM021.jpg

SXM022.jpg

Copa approaching again very low! Copa and Insel Air are the real kings of St.Maarten aviation!

SXM023.jpg

Hi CB, what's the name of the hotel that you're staying in?

Great metal and human bird-pictures there, CeeBee :pardon: