MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Royal Brunei to Expand

BI to cut AKL-BNE

airline schedule/codeshare/route updates

Royal Brunei Australia/NZ Summer 10 Changes

leave a comment »

Royal Brunei as per 11JAN10 GDS timetable display is showing changes to Australia and New Zealand operation from 28MAR10.

Bandar Seri Begawan – Auckland becomes all non-stop service, no longer route via Brisbane on selected days. Service reduce from Daily to 5 weekly

Bandar Seri Begawan – Brisbane reduce from Daily to 6 weekly

Bandar Seri Begawan – Perth Boeing 767-300 replace Airbus A320, 5 weekly

Schedule as follows:

Bandar Seri Begawan – Auckland

BI075 BWN1155 – 0055+1AKL 763 357

BI077 BWN2105 – 1005+1AKL 763 16

BI076 AKL0225 – 0835BWN 763 146

BI078 AKL1145 – 1755BWN 763 27

Bandar Seri Begawan – Brisbane

BI071 BWN1210 – 2050BNE 763 247

BI073 BWN2110 – 0550+1BNE 763 135

BI072 BNE0050 – 0550BWN 763 135

BI074 BNE1250 – 1750BWN 763 246

From http://airlineroute.net/2010/01/11/bi-oznz-s10/

Royal Brunei 777 pulled out for the time being

leave a comment »

Royal Brunei has pulled out Boeing 777 schedule for the time being.

As a result, planned Bandar Seri Begawan – London nonstop service will be reverted back to 1-stop via Dubai, which will be daily. Dubai service will receive daily flight

From http://airlineroute.net/2007/11/28/royal-brunei-777-pulled-out-for-the-time-being/

Didnt the 4 already include the A340-8000 that was stored for a long time? I believe the other 3 are the present sole 342 V8-BKH, the one that went to Jordan as their royal jet in RJ colours and the third that went to Kingdom Holdings Saudi. Was there another one?

Yes. The A340-8000 is included in the count. The government took delivery and was registered V8 (Brunei's Code), but never flew under Brunei or Royal Family flag. Its now with the Saudi Arabia Royal Family but never seen flying as well...What a poor aircraft!!!

Just saw this posted at the opinion on the local Borneo Bulletin

http://www.brudirect.com/index.php/Hot-Topics/when-will-rb-add-more-destinations.html

May I know when will RB (Royal Brunei) be adding more new destinations to their list? We have seen more and more airlines offering competitive prices to a lot of destinations which are not under RB listing.

Cebu Pacific and AirAsia are two major airlines which are competing with RB flying to same destinations such as Manila, KL, and KK There is news saying that they are going to add more routes to expand their wings.

I am just wondering why RB is not worried about this stiff competition between these airlines. Two times I have flown to KL on board our Boeing 777 but only a quarter of the plane was full. Why not RB have the concept of offer in low fares as long as the plane is fully loaded with passengers rather than just fly with less passengers as most passengers decide to use different airlines due to the cheap fares.

Why not RB introduce more competitive fares and special affordable packages to everyone? Why not add more destinations such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Bali or may be Penang or Johor?

RB has been in the aviation industry for while and we have not seen much difference in terms of adding more destinations for the convenient of travellers. I am sure with the new airport nearing its completion.it would b nice to see more travellers choosing RB as their favourite airlines flying to various destination all over the world.

Thoughts?

Royal Brunei Airlines leaps forward with 787. Early A320neo or 737MAX slots to provide another boost

Royal Brunei Airlines (RBA) will make a big leap in improving efficiency and profitability on 1-Dec-2013 as the carrier introduces Boeing 787-8s on the Bandar Seri Begawan-Dubai-London Heathrow route. Another leap could occur in 2016 or 2017 as the carrier, somewhat surprisingly given its very small size, has received aggressive proposals and early delivery slots for new-generation narrowbody aircraft.

RBA became in Oct-2013 the first 787 operator in Southeast Asia. It has already taken delivery of two 787-8s, one of which is in static display this week at the 2013 Dubai AirShow. RBA will be the first carrier to operate the 787 between Dubai and London, one of the world’s largest routes, and in Mar-2013 will become the first carrier to have an all-787 long-haul operation.
RBA meanwhile is in the closing phases of a competition between Airbus and Boeing for its new-generation narrowbody requirement, which includes over 10 aircraft for delivery from end of 2015. Airbus and Boeing are offering early delivery slots for their A320neo and 737 MAX families, with support from leasing companies, and the campaign has become very competitive as Boeing is eager to switch RBA’s narrowbody fleet from Airbus. RBA has already ruled out Embraer and Bombardier, after earlier considering large regional jets.
Royal Brunei to quickly transition all long-haul flights to 787
RBA currently operates a fleet of six A320 family aircraft along with two 255-seat 787-8s and four 285-seat 777-200ERS. The 777-200ERs will be returned to Singapore Airlines (SIA) over the next few months as RBA transitions both its long-haul routes – Bandar Seri Begawan-Dubai-London Heathrow and Bandar Seri Begawan-Melbourne to the 787.

from an email i received from Royal Skies:

http://brunei.frequentflyer.aero/index.php/component/content/article/285

Greetings from Royal Brunei Airlines,

Exclusively for our Royal Skies Members,

We are delighted to announce that Royal Brunei Airlines (RB) plans to resume flights to Ho Chi Minh City with the frequency of four times a week effective Saturday, 17 October 2014. Flight bookings to experience Vietnam’s bustling city can be made starting today, 25th July 2014.

Edited by Teo

from an email i received from Royal Skies:

http://brunei.frequentflyer.aero/index.php/component/content/article/285

Greetings from Royal Brunei Airlines,

Exclusively for our Royal Skies Members,

We are delighted to announce that Royal Brunei Airlines (RB) plans to resume flights to Ho Chi Minh City with the frequency of four times a week effective Saturday, 17 October 2014. Flight bookings to experience Vietnam’s bustling city can be made starting today, 25th July 2014.

On that note, they will also be returning to Bali with four times per week starting tomorrow (26th July 2014)

Sorry to dig out this old thread, but I guess this news piece fits here.

Commencing 3rd Dec 2018, Royal Brunei will re-instate Taipei, serving 3x weekly, departing Brunei every Monday, Thursday and Friday.

Taipei service commenced in 1986 and was served until late 2004 before suspension. Previously Royal Brunei served the route via Singapore in addition to direct flight. At later year before suspension, only direct flight was operated.

This is after adding South Korea last year.

Edited by JuliusWong

Reviving an old thread. Hot on the heels in expanding to Seoul, Nanning and Zhengzhou, Royal Brunei today formally launched Tokyo starting 15 March 2019, three times weekly Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Leaving BSB ETD 00 32 ETA 07 30, Returning 12 00, arriving 17 25.

Current fleet stands at 5 A320neo, 5 A320ceo and 5 B787.

Edited by JuliusWong

Reviving an old thread. Hot on the heels in expanding to Seoul, Nanning and Zhengzhou, Royal Brunei today formally launched Tokyo starting 15 March 2019, three times weekly Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Leaving BSB ETD 00 32 ETA 07 30, Returning 12 00, arriving 17 25.

Current fleet stands at 5 A320neo, 5 A320ceo and 5 B787.

A320CEO left 3 unit only as i notice. which is RBS, RBW, and RBX.

RBU left the fleet by Jun

RBT and RBV left by 10/11sep.

but according to Wiki, their CEO got 2 type of configuration. so is RBX configured with the space-flex cabin? which deliver 2 yrs ago

Edited by Samuel Chy

A320CEO left 3 unit only as i notice. which is RBS, RBW, and RBX.

RBU left the fleet by Jun

RBT and RBV left by 10/11sep.

but according to Wiki, their CEO got 2 type of configuration. so is RBX configured with the space-flex cabin? which deliver 2 yrs ago

Thank you for the information, I didn't know RBA removed RBT and RBV from active service, currently they are still in DCA registration. Soon to be deregister I guess. RBV is ex-QR. Oddballs with RBU ex-TR.

All their newer A320ceo with winglets

and A320neo do not have spaceflex. One row extra for Y.

Older A320ceo 12J/132Y

Newer A320ceo and A320neo 12J/138Y

Seat pitch is really tight now for Y pax. Hope they don't use them for NRT route, it will be painful.

On a side note, RBA has leased HiFly Malta A343 9H-SUN till end of Oct to cover MEL as their B787 goes to PVG for crew rest fittings for LHR direct route.

Edited by JuliusWong

Thank you for the information, I didn't know RBA removed RBT and RBV from active service, currently they are still in DCA registration. Soon to be deregister I guess. RBV is ex-QR. Oddballs with RBU ex-TR.

Older A320ceo 12J/132Y

Seat pitch is really tight now for Y pax. Hope they don't use them for NRT route, it will be painful.

On a side note, RBA has leased HiFly Malta A343 9H-SUN till end of Oct to cover MEL as their B787 goes to PVG for crew rest fittings for LHR direct route.

Sadly tried dummy, NRT will indeed be on A320; up to 6.5 hours block time non stop.

Older A320ceo 12J/132Y

according to FR, the aircraft BT and BV sent to Seletar. as per previous pattern aircraft send there for retirement? or having heavy check there?

according to Wiki, their 150's A320 include 18Y+

Sadly tried dummy, NRT will indeed be on A320; up to 6.5 hours block time non stop.

Ah too bad. Was hoping they will beat MH80 BKI - NRT using the B738NG. From BKI save 1/2 hour maybe?

according to FR, the aircraft BT and BV sent to Seletar. as per previous pattern aircraft send there for retirement? or having heavy check there?

according to Wiki, their 150's A320 include 18Y+

Heavy check before returning to lessor. RBU went there as well for check before heading to IndiGo.

Those new A320ceo with 150 seats have a small section of 18Y+, essentially with 32" seat pitch. Blocked by a curtain. Normal 120Y seat pitch is 30". 12J with seat pitch 42".

Wa lao...... Siao!

Ah too bad. Was hoping they will beat MH80 BKI - NRT using the B738NG. From BKI save 1/2 hour maybe?

MH B73NG seat pitch is very very tight. I can't imagine the mid haul route to NRT... WTF!

Edited by JuliusWong

The ungodly hours of Monday and Friday flight.. Leaving BWN at 11:45pm....

Thursday and Sunday are better though leaving BWN at 7pm.

Seems like the aircraft will over night in KCH for Mon and Fri?? Or they sit for longer to connect pax to other destination upon return to BWN?

Hopefully this last long.... Past few times hasn't pans out well.

69804704-10156756626247921-2887918765536

Starting on 27th October 2019, Royal Brunei sets to return to Beijing after an absence of 21 years. Ticket sales has commenced.

Initially 4x weekly flights, every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Commencing 14 Jan 2020, it will be daily flight.

Service by A320neo.

Flight No. Sector Departure Arrival Days of Operations Effective Dates

BI621 Brunei (BWN) to Beijing Daxing (PKX) 10:15 15:50 Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun 27 October 2019

BI622 Beijing Daxing (PKX) to Brunei (BWN) 16:50 22:35 Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun 27 October 2019

BI623 Brunei (BWN) to Beijing Daxing (PKX) 01:50 07:25 Tue, Thu, Sat 14 January 2020

BI624 Beijing Daxing (PKX) to Brunei (BWN) 11:00 16:45 Tue, Thu, Sat 14 January 2020