MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

LGK LIMA 09

We enjoyed the show very much! Yesterday and this morning we took our pictures from outside, this afternoon we were inside the exipition area! Unfortunately, we didn't met someone of you! Maybe in 2011 or tomorrow at the fence ... :rolleyes:

Some pics:

Burn Baby burn ...

post-4394-12600188857_thumb.jpg

hahaha KK lee..u crack me up! i think that is a great idea! why haven't our esteemed leaders thought of that?

by the way...great pics guys! keep the photos coming!

I also like tony and his 1malaysia approach ...LOL!

just a humble contribution from me

this is from the cockpit of FY ATR72

SZB-LGK Capt Vinod

2.jpg

and his co-pilot. i forgot his name :blink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/kapten/1.jpg

3.jpg

overhead panel

4.jpg

oxygen mask n goggle

5.jpg

if u look up, u'll find this

6.jpg

and this is FY frequent jumpseater :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/kapten/10.jpg

approach

8.jpg

9.jpg

taxi n park

10-1.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

more to come :D

December 05, 2009 19:05 PM

MiG, F-111 Bid Farewell At LIMA 2009

LANGKAWI, Dec 5 (Bernama) -- Pilots and ground crew of the ageing MiG-29N and F-111 fighter jets bade farewell as the aircrafts marked their final appearance at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA 2009) Saturday.

To commemorate the farewell, the pilots and ground crew symbolically gathered in front of the fighter jets in a triangular formation at the tarmac for photo opportunities.

The Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) MiG-29N will soon be replaced by a new aircraft which has yet to be decided by the Malaysian Government, while the F-111, operated by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), will be replaced by F/A 18 Super Hornets.

Lt Col Norazman Samion, the RMAF commanding officer of No 17/19 squadron which operates the MiG-29N, said the changes were good for them although they had to take leave of the long-serving aircraft.

"It is normal for pilots to say goodbye, everytime they changed aircrafts. If the RMAF wants a change, we are ready for a change," he told Bernama after the symbolic farewell ceremony of the two aircrafts on the last day of LIMA 2009.

Earlier, Norazman presented a token of appreciation to Wing Commander Micka Gray, of the No: 6 Squadron of RAAF which operated the F-111 aircraft.

Meanwhile, Norazman said, most of his pilots might be absorbed into the Sukhoi aircraft team.

In any case, he said, it would not pose a problem as both the MIG and Sukhoi operations were almost similar.

The MIG squadron comprises 10 pilots, four engineers and a 180-man ground crew.

Recently, RMAF chief General Datuk Seri Rodzali Daud said the MIG-29N jets would be phased out in the RMAF inventory, by end of next year. It will be replaced by a multi-role combat aircraft.

The Russian-made MIG-26 jets was bought by the RMAF in June 1994, for US$381 million (US$1 = RM3.38).

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/news_lite.php?id=460281

Wow,the F-111 Aardvark and the Fulcrum bids farewell at LIMA 2009..Who knows if RAAF sends their Super Hornets on LIMA 2011!

Final show for the F-111 will be at the Singapore Air Show next February, I'm told.

Long time no hear, Saadiah, and so glad to see you were able to "jumpseat-ride" to LGK !!!

Thanks a lot for sharing your pictures: really like them, esp. the approach-shot !!! :good:

Departed LGK at 0100hrs, finally at arrival hall KLIA to collect baggage at 0220hrs with Bro Norman and family, Chaity were there too.. flight delayed from 2005hrs MH1459. The chosen last few to leave LIMA event on 6th Dec 2009. More reports coming later.. B)

Edited by saufi

Departed LGK at 0100hrs, finally at arrival hall KLIA to collect baggage at 0220hrs with Bro Norman and family, Chaity were there too.. flight delayed from 2005hrs MH1459. The chosen last few to leave LIMA event on 6th Dec 2009. More reports coming later.. B)

Ha ha! Yong was there too. :rolleyes:

The few chosen ones could measure every corner of LGK airport. :p

Langkawi Airport, probably the only airport in Malaysia that you will not get told off for taking pictures on the tarmac!

groupy.jpg

Edited by Walter Sim

Departed LGK at 0100hrs, finally at arrival hall KLIA to collect baggage at 0220hrs with Bro Norman and family, Chaity were there too.. flight delayed from 2005hrs MH1459. The chosen last few to leave LIMA event on 6th Dec 2009. More reports coming later.. B)

Technical delay, or operational reasons ?

You should be glad not to live in Germany: most airports are closed between 2300-0600 hrs !!! :blink:

(CGN being the only exception, if I'm correct)...

Sorry for being OT. Apart from all the planes photo, I would like to share about the freebies I got :p Seems EADS is the most generous booth for the whole exhibition. Now I am looking forward for Singapore Airshow.

DSC08062s800.jpg

My favorite is the A350 XWB Remove Before Flight Keychain and the large A333 Poster. Yayyyy !!

Langkawi Airport, probably the only airport in Malaysia that you will not get told off for taking pictures on the tarmac!

:good:

Wilson,the wings badge on the top right boarding pass also being given away as souvenir ??

Can you please enlarge it please.. :D

Wilson,the wings badge on the top right boarding pass also being given away as souvenir ??

Can you please enlarge it please.. :D

I got the insignia one. :D

Wow,the F-111 Aardvark and the Fulcrum bids farewell at LIMA 2009..Who knows if RAAF sends their Super Hornets on LIMA 2011!

No more dump and burn.... :mellow:

Nice pics... but I'm still waiting for B-52 pics

Was the B-52 even there?

There is not even a report here about it's existence at LIMA.

I think they did a one time fly past, saw it in the news on the first day.. :(

Was the B-52 even there?

There is not even a report here about it's existence at LIMA.

Yes.. the stratofortress was there on the opening day,

flew all the way from Guam... did a fly past twice...

I think Ibrahim has the picture... we'll have to wait for him to upload

since he was in Langkawi for 8 days, doing nothing except shooting using his D90... :lol:

I think Ibrahim has the picture... we'll have to wait for him to upload

since he was in Langkawi for 8 days, doing nothing except shooting using his D90... :lol:

:diablo: tunggu la sat. tengah process nie. byk sngat barang.