MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

Hi there.

A newbie here.I always want to ask this question.

You see,right after the aircraft rotates,And the landing gear is up,i have this one feeling that we 'fall' a few metres. Can anyone explain to me?

I have that feeling if i seat one of the back row of the aircraft.Sometimes it scares me.

Well.i hope you guys can explain.

Regards

Edited by Azfar Arif

As far I understand, that 'dropping feeling' is due to inertia. Your body is resisting the sudden change of motion. You will get the same feeling when you are in a lift and the lift started going up abruptly.

I'll leave the detail explanation to the pro :p

Thx for ur explanation,Khaled and Wilson!. :)

This is what i think..

During climbing,the nose pitches up and the back section goes down..that's why for those who sits at the back also feel the same feeling i felt..

Just my 2cents... don't know if it's true.. :pardon:

Edited by Azfar Arif

also when pilot reduce climbing speed from takeoff speed, acceleration (not speed) reduce also.It means you feel a bit "slowing" on your body.Takeoff thrust makes affect on your body "push to backward" cause of high value acceleration. It's mean also known as "G force", and it is not actually more than 3-4G in first seconds.Maximum 4-5 G also your natural "G force" availability.After that your body suitable with plane and when reduce speed climb and as Khalid says nose down for climb degree ,at this time your body a bit "forward".

On the other hands while taking off; imagine a direct line or pivot point over "main gears". Aircraft will makes a pitch action, so behind of pivot point goes down from lateral axis of plane. When you connect aircraft takeoff acceleration and goes down effect, you may feel yourself bad :)

also when pilot reduce climbing speed from takeoff speed, acceleration (not speed) reduce also.It means you feel a bit "slowing" on your body.Takeoff thrust makes affect on your body "push to backward" cause of high value acceleration. It's mean also known as "G force", and it is not actually more than 3-4G in first seconds.Maximum 4-5 G also your natural "G force" availability.After that your body suitable with plane and when reduce speed climb and as Khalid says nose down for climb degree ,at this time your body a bit "forward".

On the other hands while taking off; imagine a direct line or pivot point over "main gears". Aircraft will makes a pitch action, so behind of pivot point goes down from lateral axis of plane. When you connect aircraft takeoff acceleration and goes down effect, you may feel yourself bad :)

oh..Thank you hakan for the explanation.Now i understand :) and thanks to all for your time explaining. :)