MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Lau

Korean LCC Eastar Jet direct flight to KCH

There's a news piece in on of the chinese papers today stating that Eastar Jet a Korean LCC will be flying direct to KCH on Dec 21st. Not sure is it a scheduled or charter, could be a chartered flight

For those who not regularly visit spotting thread,, from Cikgu Kenneth post..Sorry Cikgu hijack your post..hehe..

I believe it is a Korean Low-cost carrier...EASTAR JET (Link). They operate 737-600/700. Too bad I can't read chinese...Don't really understand what the news is saying.

Image328.jpg

It's a charter flight,The Koreans are coming to KCH to play Golf.

That's what i've seen from TV.The Eastar Jet is also planning to operate charter flight to MYY too,from what i've heard from TV too.

Wonder if Korean LCC have any plans to fly to KCH or BKI. I mean we do get a lot of Korean visitors and Korean stuff here - Korean restaurant, Korean Karaoke, Korean shops, even Korean Jewelery.

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Eastar links Seoul and Kuching

KUCHING: KIC Limited Korea, the owner of Eastar Jet Co Ltd, yesterday signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the State Government to provide direct flights between Seoul and Kuching.

The scheduled chartered flights from Seoul to Kuching, and vice-versa, would be for the period from December 24 this year to January 27 next year. The number of tourists arriving from such flights during the said period would total 1,300.

The State Government was represented by Minister for Urban Development and Tourism, Dato Sri Michael Manyin, while KIC Limited Korea was represented by its Chairman, Lee Sang-Jik.

After the signing ceremony, Manyin yesterday told reporters at his office at Bangunan Masja in Petra Jaya that the chartered service would involved 11 flights .

The first flight using the B737-700 aircraft would be on December 24, followed by the second on December 27, then December 31, and thereafter on three-day intervals from January 3 until January 24, 2010.

Locals wishing to fly over and experience the cold weather in Korea could make their booking now, especially on the first flight to Seoul, Manyin said.

“As far as the tourism industry is concerned, we are fortunate to have Eastar Jet providing direct connectivity between Seoul and Kuching and vice-versa,” he added.

According to him, most Koreans, especially those with disposable income, would definitely want to go abroad now that it’s winter in Korea, and there was no better place than Sarawak to escape the cold.

“We also want them to enjoy our golf facilities because Korea has the highest number of golfers in the world who are also among the world’s richest” he said.

Manyin said that the State was keen to involve the Koreans in the hotel and other local industries because KIC already had insulation and mining interests. He added that negotiations on the chartered flight service had been on-going for the past few months and only became fruitful the day before.

THP_9044.JPG

“It’s kind of an early Christmas present for us, and for that, we are very thankful,” he added.

President of Eastar Jet Co Ltd, General Yang Hae-Gu, said that Eastar Jet was a low-cost carrier with fares cheaper than Malaysia Airlines. He said the airline had no other destination in Malaysia yet but had plans to make Miri one of them.

He said that bookings for flights on Eastar Jet could be made anytime through the Internet, tour operators, and travel agencies. The flight from Seoul to Kuching takes six hours and 20 minutes.

According to Manyin, Sarawak was a late comer to the Korean market.

“We only started recently after the appointment of a representative in Korea. After that, we did an aggressive campaign in the country, and along the way, we met with their baseball associations, golfers, schools, and the KIC Groups. “With the direct flights the number of South Koreans visiting Sarawak would increase, maybe, 10 folds. The golfers, for example, would find it cheaper to play here. The cost of playing for a month there is equivalent to playing for a year here. The waiting list (to play) is also longer over there,” Manyin said.

According to Yang, South Korea had a population of about 45 million, and about eight million of them were golfers.

Manyin said the chartered flights would be continued if the response was good

Thanks to kiko from skyscrapercity...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Seoul to Kuching....

May I know which airport in Seoul?

Gimpo or Incheon....pls.

I heard that it is from Gimpo to KCH...if so it will be good.

Gimpo is near to Seoul city. :)

“It’s kind of an early Christmas present for us, and for that, we are very thankful,” he added.

In my own definition as well other spotters, us is refer to Sawarakian spotters...enjoy spotting 6 times of B737-700 soon...Only my wish she not landing during night..hehe..

My guess is ICN-KCH nonstop.

But,have to wait for more news about it.Let's hope that it's not a red-eye flight.

[...enjoy spotting 6 times of B737-700 soon...Only my wish she not landing during night..hehe..

My guess is ICN-KCH nonstop.

But,have to wait for more news about it.Let's hope that it's not a red-eye flight.

It will be a red-eye flight..

Bye2 xmas & new year eve..

Hopefully,with the Eastar Jet flying to KCH,other Korean LCC (Jin Air & Air Busan) will consider flying to KCH.