MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilson Kook

Future of the Malaysian Aviation Industry

....ideally , would be nice to c all the 3 coloured traffic lights uniforms to succeed ( i.e. Green - MH , Yellow/ Orange - FY and Red AK/D7).

The only worry here is that if one kills the other amongst the three of them !

if air asia is the new national carrier, then it wouldnt be a very nice image for malaysia. not that im saying MAS is any better but i'll fly with MAS anytime.

AirAsia is just a LCC, because of this makes many people fly with AirAsia.

Go ask anyone, and let him/her choose,AK or MH? LCC or Full Budget?

:drinks:

Haha. Maybe I should have been more specific. What I meant was, Air Asia is becoming more and more popular as far as Malaysian flyers are concerned.

MH on the other hand, I don't know people think about them these days.

Ever wondered if some people feel that Air Asia is the "new national carrier".

Airasia cant be national carrier for malaysia because they business is low cost carrier.to be national carrier they need to change to full serive airlines

I'd rather choose MH over AK. AK will never replace MH's position.

Im agree with you choon lim

MH the best.

IF Airasia go to full service, will the price still low cost?

no

like this,

who will choose AK?

I don't think malaysian likes AK, but it's price.

The future is very bright for Malaysian aviation. Isn't there a plan to have an entire corridor of international airports all within spitting distance from one another? Langkawi, Penang, Ipoh, KLIA, Subang, Melaka... Awesome.

Currently we have two composites manufacturers in Malaysia that supplied to both Airbus and Boeing.

First is CTRM in Melaka, and another one is ACM in Kedah. These suppliers are actively supplies composites parts for A380, B777, B737NG, B787, B747-8, etc etc...

The future is very bright for Malaysian aviation. Isn't there a plan to have an entire corridor of international airports all within spitting distance from one another? Langkawi, Penang, Ipoh, KLIA, Subang, Melaka... Awesome.

Ryan,

If you are going to critique, perhaps you should do away with the constant tones of sarcasm and occasional arrogance and be a little more constructive. All the above examples you have given have good reason to be "international".

I can only guess you are taking stab at the politicians comments of making such airports "regional hubs" and so on and so forth. Yes, this may be silly, but in terms of having some regional/domestic connectivity (as oppose to hubs), why the heck not? I don't see firefly complaining about it's service to Ipoh from Singapore.. do you? Melaka has a flight by Riau - so it needs to be international, does it not? Subang is striving to be an international maintenance centre and business aviation centre - international would be good!

Lastly - Seletar, Paya Lebar (albeit Military) and Changi are within a stones throw (sorry, for obvious reasons I couldn't use "spitting distance") and are ALL international airports, albeit with different and perhaps more realistic ambitions than some of the politicians in Malaysia. So what say you now?

Edited by Sandeep G

Sign in to follow this