MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Tony, where is your heart?

Amazing deal: 40RM p/p (or 8EUR) for a return KUL-BKI-KUL, including a meal !!! :blink:

From twitter:

RT: @tonyfernandes: Sales going crazy at airasia.com. We have had to increase web servers by 5 times. No airline ever done this. Another world record coming.

From twitter:

RT: @tonyfernandes: Sales going crazy at airasia.com. We have had to increase web servers by 5 times. No airline ever done this. Another world record coming.

yeah right! can't even get the page to load right! i still can't book!

November 11, 2009 21:13 PM

Airasia Doubles Server Capacity For 1 Million Free Seats Offer

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 11 (Bernama) -- In anticipation of strong demand to its "1 Million Free Seats" offer, AirAsia has doubled its server capacity to cope with the huge increase in demand.

Demand has vastly exceeded its expectations partly driven by its entry into new markets such as Australia, United Kingdom, India, China and the Middle East, resulting in congestion on airasia.com.

"For those who have not been able to make a booking, we urge them to be patient and keep trying as there are still 700,000 free seats available up to Nov 15," said regional head of Commercial, Kathleen Tan, in a statement here.

Tan noted that the offer has broken two new world records whereby the website registered a phenomenal 300,000,000 hits in the first 11 hours of the campaign, and sold over 300,000 seats in less than 24 hours.

The booking period is only for five days beginning Wednesday while the travelling period is between May 1 and Oct 30, 2010.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v5/news_lite.php?id=454472

Guess all those grumbling about TF/AK is now almost forgotten? :pardon:

:drinks:

Yup, he gave me return tix KUL/Haikou for RM89, so all is forgiven for the moment. Am I el-cheapo or wot? :rofl:

Yup, he gave me return tix KUL/Haikou for RM89, so all is forgiven for the moment. Am I el-cheapo or wot? :rofl:

Some say ‘service recovery’ or ‘loyalty building’ :pardon:

Not getting any tickets this time around as the traveling period is still quite far ahead. At the moment no plans to fly AK/D7 to anywhere. My friend did asked if I would like to join him to Abu Dhabi in June but I declined. Return ticket he bought was about RM300++. :(

Yesterday got a newsletter from CX about special fare KUL - HKG return at only RM407 including tax. Travel period within the next few weeks. That sounds more tempting to me due to 1) never flew CX before, and 2) travel period within the next few weeks that I think I will be able to fly.

Anyway, anyone planning any spotting trip next year?

Edited by Waiping

I got a KUL-MFM and a HKG-KUL ticket at previous AirAsia zero fare sales. Total cost RM 170 inlcuding seat selection and luggage. Going in April 2010. Might be spotting in HKG if I get the chance. Not familiar with MFM spotting although the last time I went, it was quite an interesting view from the Macau Tower! However, MFM traffic is nowhere as good as HKG.

Tried to get tix to BKK this sale but each page keeps returning errors. So gave up even though the tix cost RM 150, with luggage but no seat selection.

Not getting any tickets this time around as the traveling period is still quite far ahead. At the moment no plans to fly AK/D7 to anywhere. My friend did asked if I would like to join him to Abu Dhabi in June but I declined. Return ticket he bought was about RM300++. :(

Yesterday got a newsletter from CX about special fare KUL - HKG return at only RM407 including tax. Travel period within the next few weeks. That sounds more tempting to me due to 1) never flew CX before, and 2) travel period within the next few weeks that I think I will be able to fly.

Waiping,

Can you tell me more about this CX offer and where I can find it? I may be heading to HKG sometime between now and end of December. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS.

Waiping,

Can you tell me more about this CX offer and where I can find it? I may be heading to HKG sometime between now and end of December. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS.

Can try this?

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_MY/offerspromotions/offerslanding?refID=c4b6876d8a2b4210VgnVCM1000000ad21c39____&WAcampid=KUL_OFFERS_GSNOV09&WAemail=CXPECIALS

I signed up for their newsletter and occasionally they did send some promo info for me. I managed to get the fare yesterday using mock booking but can't remember the date already. Just now I try the above website also didn't work. Maybe you can try and check for yourself.

Can try this?

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_MY/offerspromotions/offerslanding?refID=c4b6876d8a2b4210VgnVCM1000000ad21c39____&WAcampid=KUL_OFFERS_GSNOV09&WAemail=CXPECIALS

I signed up for their newsletter and occasionally they did send some promo info for me. I managed to get the fare yesterday using mock booking but can't remember the date already. Just now I try the above website also didn't work. Maybe you can try and check for yourself.

Thanks Waiping for the tip. Sorry Mushrif for off topic. I try to find PM button but could not get it.

Yup, sorry for being too far off course - from rant about AK's service to AK's latest promo to CX's promo. :p Anyway, as KK Lee mentioned before - all is forgotten.

Yes, despite all the brickbrats thrown at them, 300m hits still came in to book tickets in the first 24 hrs. Their fares are still less than 50% of CX's offer fares! This leads me to think that complainants are only a small proportion of total "guests" and these people are probably so entrenched in legacy airlines' operating models. So no matter what, they will still complain. Many people I know use legacy airlines for business travel and AK/D7 for leisure travel.

Edited by flee

As long as one accept taking AK or any LCC as bus/coach service, most if not all regular travelers won’t complain. Those who complaints are most likely travel rarely and compare with legacy airline.

Stick to the topic...

What about firefly, i think they also face same situation during heavy rain, electrical storm, etc.

What about firefly, i think they also face same situation during heavy rain, electrical storm, etc.

We hear less complain on FY, may be FY has smaller number of customers and those who rarely travel are hesitate to use turboprop. However, looking forward to hear complains that why FY is not using aerobridge :p

As long as one accept taking AK or any LCC as bus/coach service, most if not all regular travelers won’t complain. Those who complaints are most likely travel rarely and compare with legacy airline.

We hear less complain on FY, may be FY has smaller number of customers and those who rarely travel are hesitate to use turboprop. However, looking forward to hear complains that why FY is not using aerobridge :p

you got the point! totally agree with you :drinks:

Maybe not many people will realize this but, ATR-72 used by FY cannot use aerobridge no matter what, while the A320 used by AK is capable of using aerobridge, only they choose not to. Then again, at airports / terminals that don't have aerobridge facilities, my guess is that there won't be so much complaints.

I guess people generally do understand that you get what you pay for in AK. However what irks them about the aerobridge is that (eg: in PEN) AK parks the plane next to an aerobridge, but passengers have to walk downstairs, go under the aerobridge before climbing up steps to the plane. All this with the bridge just a few feet from the plane. Don't you guys think that's annoying?

With Malaysia being a tropical country, AK has to consider that it rains here A LOT. Malaysia is not a western country. Up the fare by RM1 for the bridge, I don't think anybody minds.

Sign in to follow this