MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

MASkargo eyes bigger freighters next year

A332F still active MUA just got a brand new mascargo paint coat. I supposed all 3 will get the new paint scheme. MUD just came back from CGP doing charity / relief flight for the rakhine state.

Cheers bro, same scheme as the 747-400F with the MASKargo in the A380 blue font?

Sad to see the A380-800s bathing under the sun at the hangar. Supposedly these are the charter birds?

Edited by S V Choong

The 380s are not long term sunbathers. Most of the time, they are only there for a day or few days. They get rotated often to do the LHR runs and the occasional ICN, NRT etc. And soon, Umrah season will commence - so MED and JED runs this Q417-Q1-18.

Those B744F inside the hangar is -MPR, undergoing A check + LTP termination. She will flying soon to other place after check is done.

Victorville in California...??

Currently they are wet leasing silkway B748 to do their Europe run.

Don't think that these operate frequently. Most of the time it is B744 but their schedules are irregular.

I do see a steady number of flights to North Asia and also to Australia, in addition to short range domestic flights as well as to SGN/SIN/CGK.

Rumour, to GMF Aeroasia at Jakarta

To be dismembered and used as parts or will she be going through major maintenance to prepare her for a new airline?

On a separate note, saw MAS A380 (9M-MNC) operated to Sydney :)

KUL-SYD-KUL a route with some much potential for MH. No QF or JQ to contend with. The QF groups seemingly abandonment of Malaysia is quite sad.

Speaking of freighters and I'm not sure how true this is but the A332F (9M-MUC?) that MAB disposed of didn't end up going to Royal Jordanian, but is in fact parked in desert storage.

Edited by Tom/PER

Cargo market seems to be recovering but operators seem to prefer their A330s to be fitted with RR Trent 700 engines.