MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jysim

MH KUL-IST nonstop

from Twitter: MAS MAS Starts Direct Flights To Istanbul On Oct 25. All-inclusive, from RM1,128 one-way. Book yours yet? http://bit.ly/2LnuMY

Done a brief search - departing KUL 0030, arr IST 0600

depart IST 1500, arr KUL 0705+1

as internet is quite slow in my area I did not take the initiative to look for service days.

My guess would be the success of interline/codeshare agreement with Turkish Airlines?

as far as I know MH is not using 772 for a long time.A332 in service. I've latest timetable which is downloaded from MH website, would be available 25OCT2009-27MAR2010 but there is no any notification about direct fly between KUL-IST-KUL. According MH timetable, flight would be perform KUL-DXB stop-IST route.

meanwhile, fare is excellent, it seems dropped at least %50 (compare all taxes with session fare).

Nothing new really...MH has always been flying DIRECT to IST for many years now.

Once, it was on the way to Madrid on the A330.

But what is new is MH flying NONSTOP to IST (once again?). Even MH management seems to confuse between the two.

However, I vaguely recall that for a short while MH did fly twice a wk nonstop to IST on the 332, before linking it with DXB.

Nothing new really...MH has always been flying DIRECT to IST for many years now.

Once, it was on the way to Madrid on the A330.

But what is new is MH flying NONSTOP to IST (once again?). Even MH management seems to confuse between the two.

However, I vaguely recall that for a short while MH did fly twice a wk nonstop to IST on the 332, before linking it with DXB.

Yupp, previously MH is using the A332 to fly KUL-IST...nothing new for me except that now B777-200s will be deployed for this sector :rolleyes:

Is there any airport change notification for Istanbul? at 31st October, Istanbul other airport's "Sabiha Gokcen aiport "(SGH/LTFJ/SAW) new international terminal will be open. Airport is operating by Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad as a partner of managament with other 3 company. So, there wa a rumour about MH can be use SAW instead IST.

I think the title should read KUL-IST NONSTOP.

Topic titled moderated/edited... ;)

Yupp, previously MH is using the A332 to fly KUL-IST...nothing new for me except that now B777-200s will be deployed for this sector :rolleyes:

SOmebody better tell MH's management and PR that flying direct to IST is also nothing new.

Topic titled moderated/edited... ;)

Thanks Pieter... The confusion between "direct" and "nonstop" always gets me shifting about on my seat. Hehehehe... OCD I guess.

Yes, I'm allergic to this confusion between direct and nonstop, painful when it comes from folks in the industry.

Another one is when MH spouts its 5-star mantra in advertisements; especially those offering fares on domestic and regional destinations which are more often than not served by 734s - the same routes which Skytrax awarded MH mostly 3-stars!

ANyway, back to the topic, I supposed this IST nonstop will be served with 772 with the underfloor crew rest cabin? Which 772s have these and which dont?

Sign in to follow this