MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ailerwrong

AirAsia - shameful ...

Welcome to MW !!!

Gavin, our Administrator, will be able to do this for you...

Perhaps next time our administrator should highlight the username rule for future new forumers...this rule can get unnoticed by them when signing up.

[quote name='Isaac' date='12 October 2009 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1255283079' post='240639'

One question though, how come MH, SQ and CX are not listed :angry:

Well the list did say airlines with no fatal accidents from 1970 onwards.

Let's make it clear, it's not American Airlines (AA) we're talking about here... :blink:

The poster's statement can easily be used to refer to American Airlines though. Remember American flight 191? Or the fines they had to pay to the FAA last year after deferring maintenance on two of their MD-80? If a legacy carrier that's one of the biggest airlines in the world could do such a thing, why AirAsia is singled out and treated harshly?

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

The poster's statement can easily be used to refer to American Airlines though. Remember American flight 191? Or the fines they had to pay to the FAA last year after deferring maintenance on two of their MD-80? If a legacy carrier that's one of the biggest airlines in the world could do such a thing, why AirAsia is singled out and treated harshly?

Why should the size or business model of a carrier correspond to the level of safety that can be expected?

Does it take a disaster for the realization to sink in?

Without substance makes one look like a rambling man, but with ignorance at presumably an adult age, makes on look like a fool. When an organisation is climbing to the top, stop trying to pull them down, especially so when they originate from your own country. It makes no sense at all to boycott Malaysia to get the message to AK. If you dont like something, take it up the right way, dont grumble and grunt over it with reference to links which are questionable in nature. Be an adult if you'd like to be treated like one. Giving you the benefit of a newbie however, it would be nicer of you to post your 'views' in a more pleasant manner.

This is how the other half handles the situation.

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13286

Don't be too dangerously forgiving.

I don't think the people here are too forgiving. It's just that the articles that are presented look like a concerted smear campaign against AirAsia. That's why they feel strongly about this.

I don't think the people here are too forgiving. It's just that the articles that are presented look like a concerted smear campaign against AirAsia. That's why they feel strongly about this.

I think you are also missing my point.

I am less bothered by the intent of the poster, as I am horrified by the facts that is presented by the video. I am not here to further his agenda.

The fact remains that the video does reveal the state of Air Asia's aircraft maintenance generally and specifically the state of airworthiness of that particular aircraft. No one here can deny the fact shown by the video just because you suspect the agenda of the poster. In AK's effort to push the envelop of cost savings, I fear in some instances they have gone beyond acceptable levels of safety and is tempting fate. I have heard enough from my friends who are AK maintenance engineers and pilots about the scary state of AK aircraft (of course, I cannot substantiate this). These guys breathed a huge sigh of relief when AK renewed their fleet. This will buy them more time.

The same goes to MH.

This has been evidenced by the increase in incidents which have been traced to degrading level of maintenance as airlines strived to come to terms with maintenance cost in the increasingly challenging economic climate.

I suspect the people here who defended AK and overlook the facts shown by the video do not fly with AK and as such their lives are not at stake. One cannot come in defence of AK just because it is "an organization that is climbing to the top" or by the statement "you get what you pay for". I say shame on you too.

I am old school and I recall my mentor (a prominent person person in the aircraft engineering industry) "There is no compromise to safety, it is peoples lives that you are playing with". You can't say oops when a life is lost.

I stand by that.

Edited by Tim Lee

I have heard enough from my friends who are AK maintenance engineers and pilots about the scary state of AK aircraft (of course, I cannot substantiate this). These guys breathed a huge sigh of relief when AK renewed their fleet. This will buy them more time.

Hearing someone saying something is not the same as seeing it for yourself. How do you know that they're not exaggerating their stories?

I suspect the people here who defended AK and overlook the facts shown by the video do not fly with AK and as such their lives are not at stake.

That is total bull! I've flown AirAsia many times. Never had I felt my life in any danger.

Hearing someone saying something is not the same as seeing it for yourself. How do you know that they're not exaggerating their stories?

That is total bull! I've flown AirAsia many times. Never had I felt my life in any danger.

1. If I have not seen it for myself, I would not be saying it.

2. How can my suspicion be bullshit? You may have flown on AK, but ask the rest. You have not seen it and even if you have, you wont know what it is, and you deny the things shown on the video, so go ahead with your belief. You are lucky that the 737 have now been replaced by the A320.

I guess we cant have an intelligent discourse.

Edited by Tim Lee

1. If I have not seen it for myself, I would not be saying it.

2. How can my suspicion be bullshit? You may have flown on AK, but ask the rest. You have not seen it and even if you have, you wont know what it is, and you deny the things shown on the video, so go ahead with your belief. You are lucky that the 737 have now been replaced by the A320.

I guess we cant have an intelligent discourse.

Ailerwrong has valid points, and Tim is also on the money.

Sure, all airlines have their maintenance Issues, Qantas is a key and prime Example there, but AirAsia has its fair share of problems, and it seems that some are in denial. Dont compare AirAsia's maintenance to anyone else bar an Ultra-LCC. Tiger would be the key there. Yeah without doubt they got a good deal with SIA for their maintenance, but they dont skimp on anything safety related, they have one of the best safety records in the entire region, never the slightest accident nor even an incident. Totally lost count on the amount of flights canceled on Australia Domestic due to an Aircraft technical issue, yet would AirAsia do this? Absolutely not. But its all about keeping up with that low cost base isn't now, it all "costs money" in the end..

Firstly, I dont know of many LCC's in Asia (yes AdamAir is the worse in the world :blink:) that have:

-near new A320's written off, or very close to being scrapped.

-Crinkled landing

-Hard landings

-Ridiculously hard landings

-Tail-strikes (amazes me considering the soft conditions when these have occurred)

-Bare minimum training from 733 to A320, has resulted in multiple tail-strikes.

-Aircraft's ending off runways

-Buckled leading edge too early in the aircraft life

Compare AirAsia's 733's to others in the world that are just as old and they will resemble nothing like AK's do, even compare a damn 732 while you are at it, you will be surprised. Get these damn pieces of rubbish out of the air before they fall apart while in cruise, and with the amount of tolerance that these frames have tolerated, it amazes me that they are still here

and I would love to continue but I better keep my mouth shut before I scare some people. There are many other accidents (not incidents) that happen in AK, all are covered up of course. Anyone to save money in the end of schemes I guess...If they paid people decent wages then they might not go through all this rubbish. In fact, I dont pay much attention to D7, but I have heard along the grapevine that they have sacked some A333 crew crew due to certain disclosed incidents. I think someone on this forum could elaborate please.

(FYI, I am not affiliated with those Anti AK websites by the way, AirAsia or any airline in the Asian region. Stumbled across this forum and thread this evening)

Edited by Plane Nut

Attention, attention! We are having more and more members with unique names!

and I would love to continue but I better keep my mouth shut before I scare some people.

Since air safety is your and public concern, suggest you to list down all the accidents or incidents that were not reported, so that the public or DCA can take appropriate action to ensure compliance.

:drinks:

Agree with KK Lee. If you are aware of a safety issue, tell the airline, report to DCA - keeping it all to yourself as some sort of "privileged information" just goes to show how little you care about safety in aviation.

KK and Tony are spot on. All these "I know something but I won't/prefer not to tell" attitude are annoying. You either tell from a-z or don't even start the story at all.... <_<

KK and Tony are spot on. All these "I know something but I won't/prefer not to tell" attitude are annoying. You either tell from a-z or don't even start the story at all.... <_<

You and Tony seem so sure of yourself that these have not been reported. My advise is dont be. Get the facts first. If you are not in possession of the facts, please dont make statements like that.

At least KK is non-accusatory.

If you say that Izhar , then you are referring to many many many people in the airline industry .

There is a DCA pilot , thats with air asia , also an EX-DCA chap , also working with air asia now .

So , wouldn't you think they would highlight these things if they stumbled upon them ? I myself am not sure .

I've my doubts

This thread is fast degenerating into a "bash AirAsia" thread.

Dont be so sensitive. Read my post carefully.

This is not about bashing AK, it is about "Now Everyone Can Fly Safely On Any Airline"

I'm ending my postings with this statement, "When In Love, Wart Look Beautiful, Fart Smells Like Perfume". Nothing can beat it.

You and Tony seem so sure of yourself that these have not been reported. My advise is dont be. Get the facts first. If you are not in possession of the facts, please dont make statements like that.

At least KK is non-accusatory.

If you say that Izhar , then you are referring to many many many people in the airline industry .

There is a DCA pilot , thats with air asia , also an EX-DCA chap , also working with air asia now .

So , wouldn't you think they would highlight these things if they stumbled upon them ? I myself am not sure .

I've my doubts

Yeah.... My bad. I'm sorry. Should have rephrase my sentence. Me myself am not sure about that and I didn't say they were not reported. It's just sometimes these 'know-it-all' thing in a 'forum' is frustrating. But then again, some info should be privy to some.

Firstly, I dont know of many LCC's in Asia (yes AdamAir is the worse in the world :blink:) that have:

-near new A320's written off, or very close to being scrapped.

-Crinkled landing

-Hard landings

-Ridiculously hard landings

-Tail-strikes (amazes me considering the soft conditions when these have occurred)

-Bare minimum training from 733 to A320, has resulted in multiple tail-strikes.

-Aircraft's ending off runways

-Buckled leading edge too early in the aircraft life

A couple of AK A320 hard landing is in public domain. Understand after AK modified their SOP, hard landing is no longer occurs. As long as these aircraft is certified safe by Airbus, don’t see an issue to travel on these aircraft.

In almost all professional exams (e.g. medicine, law, music, engineering), exams board sets the minimum knowledge and experience (e.g. grade c, pass) deem to carry out work competently. Some students may make extra effort or smarter to achieve higher grade (e.g. grade A, B, distinction, merit). Nevertheless, everyone who passed is professional. Few clients question, ask or bother with his/her doctor/engineer/lawyer’s grade in the professional exam. Does it matter if a pilot obtained his license with just a pass? If the professional examiners find him qualified, can the public or pilot who passed at a higher grade question his competency?

:drinks:

IF I get dismembered in an AK plane crash, my website (where most of the trips were made possible by AK/AKX great fares) will live on forever, as long as my descendants keep renewing the domain-name and hosting fees. I'm a happy puppy! :)

Btw my coming AK trip is next week.

Actually there was a serious AK flight crash at BKI a couple of years ago. It was a B737 with the LAT livery. Not sure about the reason for the crash though.

KK and Tony are spot on. All these "I know something but I won't/prefer not to tell" attitude are annoying. You either tell from a-z or don't even start the story at all.

Now dont you worry, alot have been reported and are still "Under Investigation". Not everything is reported, some are not even reported by the crew. This also includes D7 who took chunks out of a residents roof off near OOL last year whilst on takeoff. Great Planning there.

Understand after AK modified their SOP

Disgraceful considering AK will have the biggest A320 fleet on the globe in the near future.

As long as these aircraft is certified safe by Airbus, don’t see an issue to travel on these aircraft.

Yes, but is Airbus inspecting every AK A320 day by day, hard landing after hard landing. Absolutely not.

Now dont you worry, alot have been reported and are still "Under Investigation". Not everything is reported, some are not even reported by the crew. This also includes D7 who took chunks out of a residents roof off near OOL last year whilst on takeoff. Great Planning there.

Wow, Mr Nut, that's news to me. I wonder how they managed to cover that one up from the nosey Aussie press.

Edited by Naim