MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

MH 734 Gear Collapsed at KCH

Image273.jpg

Spotted this when my friends celebrated my birthday at KCH's Starbucks Coffee...the plane involved was 9M-MMR...Sorry about the picture as I was at "Anjung Tinjau", but from the shot, you could see that the plane tilted to one side...sad huh?

it's not the aircraft aging's fault. Beside, landing gear have to replace at certain cycles. It doesn't follow the aircraft age.

Sorry to know this incidence, previously, according to my friend from MH saying that with all the B737-400s fleet, 9M-MMR is one of those aircraft with many problems.

Not necessary, every aircraft has their own problems, somehow it's just unlucky to happened on MMR. 737 is very reliable aircraft.

2day i had transit flight in KCH, and happened to see the 9M-MMR left wing collapsed

Some detail of the plane~

PA047401.jpg

PA047405.jpg

Hope the plane repair soon :)

Edited by Michael Chai

2day i had transit flight in KCH, and happened to see the 9M-MMR left wing collapsed

Some detail of the plane~

PA047401.jpg

PA047405.jpg

Hope the plane repair soon :)

Is it a write off?

They should ask boeing to start delivery Q1 2010 instead of Q42010.

i doubt it is a write off. doesn't look so bad to me, only that damages to the flaps, wing tank, hydraulic pipelines (if damaged) and definitely a thorough inspection of the wing-to-wing box connections. my 2 sen

i doubt it is a write off. doesn't look so bad to me, only that damages to the flaps, wing tank, hydraulic pipelines (if damaged) and definitely a thorough inspection of the wing-to-wing box connections. my 2 sen

Thanks Ramani.This image isnt good for a 5 star airline. Some one said it is not a matter of the age of aircraft.So does that mean that this is badmmaintainance?

Thanks Ramani.This image isnt good for a 5 star airline. Some one said it is not a matter of the age of aircraft.So does that mean that this is badmmaintainance?

not maintenance to be blamed for sure. like what Sung said, each landing gear has its own life cycle and must be changed when it is due. one thing when it comes to aircrafts, you never know what will happen when or even predict what's going to happen when. parts can fail today, tomorrow or even in 1 hour time. as to maintenance, for sure the company have been carrying out the appropriate maintenance according to that issued by the OEM. just curious to know the cause.

One thing for sure.. she'll be sleeping in Kuching airport for a long long time.. No proper hangar.. unable to taxi.. :blink:

One thing for sure.. she'll be sleeping in Kuching airport for a long long time.. No proper hangar.. unable to taxi.. :blink:

Sleep for good. In kuching mu :yahoo: eum . Ist in the world 734 in museum.

Curious to know when this happened? I assume the plane was already at the gate awaiting boarding otherwise there would be more comments from passengers. Really scary stuff if you are boarding and this happened. Lengthy spell in the workshop like 9M-AFA?

The gear collapsed during pushback, so yes, there were passengers aboard.

I wonder if the repair is economically viable? If the sum of the parts is more than the residual value of the plane + cost of repairs, it could still be a write-off.

Hello everyone,

We understand that there is a lot of curiosity surrounding the MH2517 B734 gear collapse incident. Investigations are still ongoing but allow me to shed some light on what we know thus far.

This type of incident has never happened before in our 62-year history. The aircraft had undergone routine heavy maintenance check in August 2008 and light maintenance check in July 2009. The aircraft is also checked during every transit and every night.

As a proactive measure, immediately after the incident, we did an E&M check on all the landing gear system for our entire B737 fleet and everything was found to be normal. All the aircraft in our fleet will continue to go through strict checks in accordance to the approved maintenance schedule.

We apologise to our passengers for this incident. Safety of our passengers is paramount, and we are working closely with Boeing's structural experts and the Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation to ascertain the cause of the incident.

Regards,

Captain Azharuddin Osman

Director of Operations

Malaysia Airlines

Sign in to follow this