MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Walter Sim

USAF Thunderbirds Far East Tour

The last maneuver shown by Iwan really caught me by surprise. It was really a great maneuver. :good:

Looks like plenty of practice for me. You guys posted photos that are ultra sharp!

Anyone going to Bangkok/DMK for second chance?

:o

didn't realize got so black the smoke! haha...

hahaha..the white smoke used was almost invisible against the grey clouds over subang that day.but black smoke does look more dramatic eh?? :p

The last maneuver shown by Iwan really caught me by surprise. It was really a great maneuver. :good:

Looks like plenty of practice for me. You guys posted photos that are ultra sharp!

haha.that was one of the reasons why i wrote down the maneuver list on a piece of paper stuck to my camera.made sure i was ready for ALL the photo opportunities. :)

missed a few due to the speed of the planes..was ready to snap the surprise 'sneak pass' from the left and the two solo planes chasing the formation with afterburners but the plane was just too fast!!

anyway here are more pics.everytime i look at my folder i will want to upload more pics.'jakun' DSLR i guess..hope u guys dont mind.. :p

diamond formation.this was right after the 4 panes crossed at showcentre..amazing how fast they regrouped for this pass..

DSC_0577.jpg

my best shot of the day!!perfect mirror??almost.. :)

DSC_0585.jpg

admiring the elegance of the viper..

DSC_0590.jpg

mantan again..quite elegant also.. :p

DSC_0591.jpg

the pilots returning from a very entertaining show!

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg

one last call for attention just as the crowd thought it was over..

DSC_0658.jpg

"thunderbirds,butt out.." amazing synchronization between the pilots..

DSC_0663.jpg

went over to the MkM..one hell of a plane she is..spent a good 15 minutes taking her picture and admiring the plane..the flankers were the main reason why i got hooked up with my interest in planes..getting to see them with my own eyes is a great pleasure everytime..

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

went over to the F-16..also one of my favourite planes..favourite among the non-russian planes.. :)

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

always was torn between the 'macho-ness' of the Su-30 and the elegance of the F-16..but this 2 pics clearly shows the winner..

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0760.jpg

the MkM looks like it can take on all six of the F-16s anytime! :lol:

p/s:got my pictures rejected by airliners.net more then 10 times during the last LIMA..merajuk awhile but maybe i should give it a try since im using a different camera.. :)

Edited by iwan

Anyone going to Bangkok/DMK for second chance?

I am still trying to recover from the excitement of last week!

p/s:got my pictures rejected by airliners.net more then 10 times during the last LIMA..merajuk awhile but maybe i should give it a try since im using a different camera.. :)

You need to look at the pix published in a.net and learn what kind of quality they are looking for. They have guidelines for you. You will note that our Malaysian Wings contributors like Capt Radzi, Chaity, etc. are very successful because they have the kind of quality pix that a.net is looking for. Its not about what camera you use, it is more about the quality of the pix that you submit.

Have to be stubborn with that and try and try again. Use Uncle Norman's Photoshop crash course as guide.

Wonderful shots all of you peoples! Very beautiful shots. Thank you.

It seems my photo ain't any interesting, so I'm gonna share my compilation of the Thunderbirds videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7_O0BMitSs

Anyway who took my photo posing with the ladder? I want that :rolleyes: .

Nope, I use EOS 500D 18-200mm, I took photos and videos.

Thanks for sharing your pix and videos - this makes the coverage more comprehensive. Even the newspapers don't have Norman's bird's eye view of the traffic situation! Only thing missing are their departure pix. Did anyone catch them?

Few shots from me, great show and a great outing... and enjoyed meeting so many Mwingers :-)

DSC_5592tbirds.jpg

DSC_5640tbirds.jpg

DSC_5677Inverted.jpg

DSC_5712tbirds.jpg

DSC_5784tbirds.jpg

some pics of the pilots..very sporting

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0764.jpg

Thunderbird 3!from the videos i wathced..this is one of the funniest guy on the team..wanted to take a pic but x dapat.. :(

DSC_0767.jpg

Thunderbird 1!was thinking if i tried to run and bang into him hard enough,would we trade places ala freaky friday? :p

DSC_0789.jpg

MkM being towed to a safer place..

DSC_0781.jpg

illegal parking..kena tarik..

DSC_0800.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

the rubbish is a real spoiler..

the thunderbirds and the team that made it happen!

DSC_0846.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

amazing that it takes that many people to ensure a successful show..

the amount of rubbish on the tarmac was terrible!!what made it worse was the strong winds that blew them all over the tarmac..there was a time when i think winds from different direction blew and those plastic bags flew up high in the air..in formation with newspapers and torn posters..i was dying to get a poster of the MkM and the thunderbirds and these people just tear it and leave it around like that..really upset seeing such nice posters on the floor..sighh..

anyway..some my final batch of pictures from the day.. (legaa x dgr? :p)

the Su-30MkM on static display being towed away after the crowd dispersed..

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

note the technical crew in the back seat..thats how i would look like if i ever had the chance to sit in the cockpit.. :p

DSC_0886.jpg

nothing special with this pic..just that the wings of the MkM was above my head and u dont get to say "a flanker wing passed over me during taxi" everyday.. :lol:

DSC_0892.jpg

amazed by the height and size of those vertical stabilizers..

DSC_0895.jpg

taxiing away..imagine me waving with tears in my eye.. :p

DSC_0900.jpg

sprinting ahead not wanting to let her get away so fast.. (yes i can run faster then a plane)

DSC_0902.jpg

was sad to see her being towed away..something like watching your girlfriend walking away with another guy..hehe..ok,over exaggerated..thought it was goodbye but with the help of a very friendly pak guard and a friend from another forum..

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

i got to see 'girlfriend' for one last time! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Edited by iwan

Spasiba balshoye, tawaritse Iwan !!! :pardon:

What a 'beast'...gorgeous pictures !!! :good:

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

I guess after this they will be no more open day for us..TUDM learn their lesson bout Malaysian people,

Im as Malaysian felt shame to "Blue ambassador" on that condition..seriously

Iwan,

I'm really impressed with your love affair for our Su-30MKM (and possibly the MiG-29N). Tabik spring!

DSC_0909.jpg

i got to see 'girlfriend' for one last time! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Superb photos of 3 Su-30MKM with SZB control tower in the background. Can send to 'Tempur' magazine (plus invoice!)?

Some pictures to share for those waiting the C-17 Globermaster III action on Saturday but it never turn up that day...No idea why...

11 days ago punya old story to share... ;) ;)

On 02 Oct 09, around 1045LT arrived with TK and Farids...

Saw this big gray whale...

Look like she has difficulties to turn from taxiway

SZB02Oct09_00661_edited-2.jpg

4 Pratt & Whitney F117-PW-100 turbofan engines with 40,440 pounds of thrust on each engine.

Maximum indulgence to capture this 1

SZB02Oct09_00666_edited-2.jpg

Out from taxiway at front of Transmile hangar.

51.74m wing tip to wing tip.

The logos on fuselage; Left:Air National Guard & Right:Pacific Air Forces

SZB02Oct09_00681_edited-3.jpg

7.34m height and 48.49m length from nose to butt.

Airborne, takes about 2 football field to take-off

SZB02Oct09_00696_edited-3.jpg

Even with empty cargo and less fuel,, but the power of to take-off in short distance admire me...

2 minutes later

SZB02Oct09_00728_edited-2.jpg

10 minutes later

SZB02Oct09_00745_edited-2.jpg

$218 million (as in year 2007) toys just 200m from me

SZB02Oct09_00768_edited-2.jpg

Friendly crews...The right seat pilot is lady

SZB02Oct09_00774_edited-2.jpg

15th Airlift Wing

154th Wing Hawaii Air National Guard

5147 is for Air Mobility Command markings.

Finally the tail

SZB02Oct09_00782_edited-2.jpg

HH is tail code for Hickham AFB, Hawaii HI. Home to 154th Wing.

16.79m top tail height from ground.

So my personal dream to see C-17 Globermaster III achieved and so next wish is Lockheed C-5 Galaxy ... :D

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

next wish is Lockheed C-5 Galaxy ... :D

Come to Germany and visit Ramstein AFB: they're regular there... ;)

Spasiba balshoye, tawaritse Iwan !!! :pardon:

What a 'beast'...gorgeous pictures !!! :good:

yup!seeing her from that close was an unforgettable experience!

Iwan,

I'm really impressed with your love affair for our Su-30MKM (and possibly the MiG-29N). Tabik spring!

Superb photos of 3 Su-30MKM with SZB control tower in the background. Can send to 'Tempur' magazine (plus invoice!)?

haha..always loved the flankers and the fulcrums.MkM is like the 'awek baru' and only getting to see her 3 times in 2 years is torture.. :p

tempur pays for photographs?i always wondered where they get those brilliant shots of the MkMs in the skies.those shots taken from a cockpit of another plane.the latest tempur mag had a picture of 2 MiG-29s flying beside the MkM.stunning really.