MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Two men removed from LAX-NYC flight

Two Men Removed From LA-NY Flight

September 28, 2009

Authorities removed two men from a United Airlines flight at Los Angeles Airport for behaving suspiciously on Monday, but later called the incident a false alarm.

The men, who were said to be from a Middle Eastern country, were taken off the flight, which was bound for New York's John F Kennedy Airport with an ultimate destination of Cairo, after members of the flight crew said they were behaving suspiciously.

But an FBI spokeswoman, Laura Eimiller, said the men were cooperative during interviews and agents determined that they posed no threat.

Eimiller said concerns were raised when one of the men got up to use the plane's bathroom just before take-off, ignoring orders from the flight crew to remain in his seat.

Passengers and luggage were put through a second security screening as a precaution.

The two men were allowed to continue their journey on a later flight, Eimiller said.

(Reuters)

I think they were justified in removing them, esp. when considering one of them ignored flight crew's order to stay in his seat. The "Middle East" factor only seems to aggravate that suspicion.

I think they were justified in removing them, esp. when considering one of them ignored flight crew's order to stay in his seat. The "Middle East" factor only seems to aggravate that suspicion.

Indeed...

Probably one of those bladder-bursting moments. But yes, the ME factor does add to the suspicion.

I say serves that man right for ignoring the crew's orders to remain seated. There are some ME men who are still very alpha because the society there breeds this sort of behaviour and they WILL NOT take orders especially from a woman.

I say again, serves them right.

Sign in to follow this