MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

Plane crash in Langkawi 11-Sep-09

"2 maut pesawat terhempas di Langkawi

LANGKAWI: Dua maut apabila sebuah pesawat ringan terhempas dan terbakar ketika cuba mendarat di Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Langkawi jam 12.30 tengah hari tadi."

"

2 dead. Plane crashed whilst trying to land at LGK at 12:30pm today.

Could this be the flying academy aircraft's Diamond Star plane?

Two Pilots Killed In Light Aircraft Crash

ALOR SETAR, Sept 11 (Bernama) -- Two pilots were killed when a light aircraft crashed as it was coming in to land at the international airport on Langkawi island at about 12.30pm on Friday, Langkawi Persiaran Putera Fire and Rescue Services chief Yaakob Hassan said.

He said the aircraft was believed to be a Pilatus PC-7 of the Royal Malaysia Air Force (RMAF).

The pilots have been identified as RMAF officers Maj Mohd Rozaini Mohd Mustafa, 37, and Maj Mohd Zulkifli Hasan, 38.

"From the unofficial information which I have, the aircraft is believed to have been from Alor Setar and it crashed just 90 metres (300 feet) short of the runway and burst into flames," Yaakob told Bernama when contacted.

He said the Fire and Rescue Services received a call at 12.32pm and sent 18 personnel to the crash site.

Yaakob said the fire had died out by the time the fire and rescue personnel reached the location.

He said the bodies of the pilots were removed at 1.20pm and sent to the Langkawi Hospital.

-- BERNAMA

really sad to know they were that close yet just so far...reminds me of that DA-40 crash with the instructor and cadet...lucky they both survived landing short of rwy 03...may god bless their departed souls...RIP

my instructor were very sad as one of them used to be his copilot before in the air force..my condolence to both the victim's families.

Edited by Edwin Yii

I'm really sad about that bad news. my condolences to all RMAF members and families of victims.

Innalillaah.

Maj Mohd Zulkifli Hasan is my ex-school mate at Sek Men Teknik Ipoh 1987-1988.

We are waiting for him during our reunion in Feb this year. He did mention he will come down to KL using the Pilatus and touch down the plane at Sg Besi. He didn't come on that that day. And we will never see him again.

Al-fatihah.

Edited by razlizam

is this the new Pc-7s acquired recently?was it a training flight?

sad to hear about the loss of lives really..future pilots of the RMAF..may they rest in peace..

Edited by iwan

is this the new Pc-7s acquired recently?was it a training flight?

sad to hear about the loss of lives really..future pilots of the RMAF..may they rest in peace..

Heard it's the MkII too...

btw... they were instructors...

Al-fatihah ...