MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wong Kok Choy

Thunderbirds coming to KL?

I already saw an USAF big big plane (C17 beb!!) landed at SZB around 1115LT,,spotting from my bedroom with naked eye.. :D

hope my eye never lie on this :p

Can't wait to hear again SU30MKM jet sound again after Golden Jublee celebration and with F16... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

I think if it takes 8 hours, they shud be arriving at 4 pm. The cargo planes may have left earlier and the tankers will probably arrive together with the F-16s. They need to fly together as the F-16s will need to refuel along the way.

Edited by flee

I think if it takes 8 hours, they shud be arriving at 4 pm. The cargo planes may have left earlier and the tankers will probably arrive together with the F-16s. They need to fly together as the F-16s will need to refuel along the way.

Yes..all the F-16 thunderbirds are flying within 3 nautical miles apart from the KC-10

Edited by MIR

Yes..all the F-16 thunderbirds are flying within 3 nautical miles apart from the KC-10

Will be very cool to be on a chase plane photographing all of them with the tankers in the air.

Not sure if it was them, but i overheard a group of fighters at rather high altitude flying pass pahang, should be there in 30mins i believe

I see planes flying around in kelana jaya area for the past 1 hour.

Base on my eye judgement from my house..all the fighter jets mention above is RMAF SU30MKM...Series of jet touch down at SZB around 1400LT... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Since this event is public, anyone knows where is the public should be gathering at during saturday?

Base on my eye judgement from my house..all the fighter jets mention above is RMAF SU30MKM...Series of jet touch down at SZB around 1400LT... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well it only takes about 15 mins from Kuantan... So the SU-30s are also coming over early to join their USAF counterparts...

Which end of the runway is your house?

Edited by flee

Since this event is public, anyone knows where is the public should be gathering at during saturday?

Subang Air Force Base main and secondary entrance(from Kampung Melayu Subang) will be open to public starting 9AM, 3rd October 2009.

Edited by MIR

whoaa..they are here earlier then expected?had a last minute class replacement on friday morning..planned to camp outside the fence from morning..aduii..

Subang Air Force Base main and secondary entrance(from Kampung Melayu Subang) will be open to public starting 9AM, 3rd October 2009.

Thank You, I have nothing to do on Friday, I'm gonna spot on Friday from outside the perimeter, Anyone knows which is the best spot to camp?

Any Pictures ? :) :)

No pics. I was at work when they land and I have only a small compact camera. There'll be lots them from fellow MW once they start the practice.

Was camping there from 1pm til around 630, 5 F16s did a fly by and then landed. KC10 nowhere to be found. Some of the guys are still there when i left, hopefully they got it!

Any training session expected tomorrow? Time please?

I guess only the Flankers will the rock the skies tomorrow as the thunderbirds pilots & crews need some rest after a long flight from Down Under + need to offload and prepare equipments + meeting & briefings etc.

WMSA A2272/09 NOTAMN

BTN 0650-0720 ON 1 OCT 2009, [2.50PM-3.20PM Malaysian Time]

BTN 0300-0430 ON 2 AND 3 OCT 2009.

E) SUBANG EASTERN AND WESTERN ACCESS ROUTE CLSD DUE AEROBATIC

DISPLAY.

will the pilots be staying in hotels or at the airbases?

and how about tomorrows klcc fly past?any ideas what is it all about?

Thanks MIR.

and how about tomorrows klcc fly past?any ideas what is it all about?

Yea, anyone knows will there be stunts performing during the flyby?

I'm deciding between KLTower or Spoting around Subang