MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wong Kok Choy

Thunderbirds coming to KL?

I might be going. The usual spotting place kut. Depends la. I also wanna know where the other spotters will be.

just registered for this site as trying to catch the thunderbirds too...

anyone got the gps co-ordinates where we can do spotting as planning to go on saturday... thanks... :)

Tomorrow I'll be on the East side of the runway, hopefully can get a clear view of the sky + runway + base.

Yup. That one.

Tomorrow I'll be on the East side of the runway, hopefully can get a clear view of the sky + runway + base.

Which one is the east side? Haha..

Yup. That one.

Which one is the east side? Haha..

The seafood restaurant there, plenty of parking space. A 6ft ladder should do the job.

My photo's are just far too common to share, So I'll share today's video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nt3S4WgubM

One question to all photographer, I'm still experiencing a little motion blur even on shutter speed 1/750, How fast do you all use?

Maybe this Tbird loves flying upside down:

Tbird5_640.jpg

Mama bird carrying all the sustanance:

C-17_640.jpg

Nearly missed this one as we thought the day's flying was done:

SU30_00_640.jpg

Its getting too hot for me, so I packed up after this Malaysian bird landed:

SU30_02_640.jpg

How come the "5" upside down?

thats the lead solo..number 5 spends most of his time inverted so that explains the inverted number '5'..interesting and awesome team really..cant wait to watch them!

btw heres a preview on what to expect this saturday..especially the robot moves during pre flight checks and all..awesome really!

enjoy!! :)

Edited by iwan

Arrived late at SZB, although I managed to spot two F-16 doing flypast around Petronas Twin Towers, KLCC while driving.

Only managed to catch this USAF C17 landing which caught many by surprise.

SZB_011009_USAF_C17_1.jpg

SZB_011009_USAF_C17_2.jpg

Thank you to Maarof for the EF 70-300IS lens ;)

Edited by Fitri Shukri

nice catch there!thunderbirds really giving spotters a great time..beautiful F-16s and a bonus C-17..can 'kenduri' already.. :)

are you guys planning to meet up before or after the show?

Hi to all in this forum, am new here, really appreciate all the photos and info about the thunderbirds show , thank you all guys ,without this thread and the contribution of the info/photos from you guys, i certainly wolndt have had the opportunity to spot the arrival the practice and the actual show of the thunderbirds, once again many thanks and really appreciate all the efforts made by you guys to make this thread,am very happy indeed, hope u guys enjoy the show ................

err does today have the planned media air show since they already did the KLCC fly by yesterday?

If it does does the schdule remain the same as the 1 posted here few days ago??

Edited by Abel E

Anyway i enjoy today show.. evethough i did not see the whole thing but it serve a warm up for tomorrow (Saturday).. :rolleyes:

cant wait!!!!hope i can get a good picture of the bomb burst maneuver..perfect for wallpaper..and the "god bless america" thing where the 4 planes cross at the same time!!

by the way there will be PA systems and commentary from the team right?

guys..i will be using a D80 for tomorrows morning show..problem is ive never seriously used a DSLR and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips regarding the settings..shutter speed etc. to get the best pictures of those fast moving planes..

thanks in advance! :)

btw,heres a video of the 'virtual thunderbirds' team..a very popular team among the 'lock on:modern air combat' community strutting their stuffs during VFAT 2008..sort of a virtual airshow competition held online every year..it does give a very dynamic and interesting view of the maneuvers..also available for downloads in HD format and is about 1GB in size..

VFAT 2008 : Virtual Thunderbirds

enjoy! :)

thank god i went early and avoided the jam..superb show thou!cant wait to upload my pictures!!

too bad the skies only cleared after the show <_>

...and free sauna for everyone trapped in their cars on the way out. :p

Edited by Waiping

just wondering, anyone knows when the Thunderbirds are departing SZB? they suppose to have a show in Bangkok on the 10th, that gives them at least 2 days of rest in KUL, I assume.

p/s: Just received info, one of the C-17 had just depart SZB a few minutes ago.