MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wong Kok Choy

Thunderbirds coming to KL?

BTW... anyone know what's the schedule for today?... Seems that aerodrome closure between

1450-1520

I was informed by Pengkalan Udara Subang at 1030, that THUNDERBIRDS are GO this afternoon for practice.

Edited by MIR

I was informed by Pengkalan Udara Subang at 1030, that THUNDERBIRDS are GO this afternoon for practice.

THAT IS GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF US!! :yahoo: Any suggestions where to spot this Saturday?

Edited by SherM

Thanks MIR, KC10 and C17s are there already?

Not all the F-16s & C-17 have arrived yet..right? will give the updates shortly after 1200.

Nice pictures...Saw one of the C17 tail at the airbase went I was returning back from work yesterday in Bkt Jelutong road. :)

I was told that the Thunderbirds are divided to 2 groups for the ferry flight from Australia to SZB as one KC-10 isn't enough to refuel the whole thunderbirds team.

The 1st group yesterday consist of 5 x F-16, 1 x C-17 & 1 x KC-10 (no info where yesterday's KC-10 stopped, either SZB or QPG)

The 2nd group, 3 x F-16 and 1 x C-17 (Callsign: Reach 248) will arrive SZB later today. The KC-10 (Callsign: Reach 53) supporting the 2nd group prolly will end up at Paya Lebar AFB.

Edited by MIR

I was told that the Thunderbirds are divided to 2 groups for the ferry flight from Australia to SZB as one KC-10 isn't enough to refuel the whole thunderbirds team.

The 1st group yesterday consist of 5 x F-16, 1 x C-17 & 1 x KC-10 (no info where yesterday's KC-10 stopped, either SZB or QPG)

The 2nd group, 3 x F-16 and 1 x C-17 (Callsign: Reach 248) will arrive SZB later today. The KC-10 (Callsign: Reach 53) supporting the 2nd group prolly will end up at Paya Lebar AFB.

There's no KC-10 in Subang? Why?

Me, trying to catch the practice.

It seems there is a potential rain, bring umbrella!

It seems there is a potential rain, bring umbrella!

for today or the event?

Just want to ask you guys about the event. Are there any passes to enter the base or people just can walk in to see the show?

Guys big big fish of C-17 playing around Subang-Sg Buloh-Shah Alam area just now...

Afternoon around 1330LT two SU30 fly around 2 3 times...

1430LT heard lousy jet around...huhu..but i need be at my desk to finish my homework..join you all tomorrow...

Well it only takes about 15 mins from Kuantan... So the SU-30s are also coming over early to join their USAF counterparts...

Which end of the runway is your house?

Approach RWY15,,within 10-15km radius from WMSA

This is the agenda that has been circulated:

3rd Oct 09 (Saturday).

Actual Day / Open for Public.

0900H - Base Open Crowd.

0915H - Arrival of Guests.

0930H - Arrival of Chief of RMAF.

0945H - Arrival of Chief of Armed Forces.

1000H - Arrival of Diplomats.

1015H - Arrival of Dignitaries.

1030H -1100H - C17 Demonstration.

1100H -1130H - Sukhoi Air Show.

1130H -1230H - Thunderbirds Air Show.

1245H -1300H - Autograph Signing by Thunderbirds Crew.

1300H - VVIP & pilot Photography session.

Lunch.

1400H - Programme End.

Some coverage of today activity in SZB....

Thunder 6 fly pass..

IMG_TBNo6.jpg

Thunder 5...

IMG_TBNo5.jpg

Bet those Mat Rempit can't beat Thunder 7 doing wheely..

IMG_TBNo7.jpg

and this fella caught me by surprise..

IMG_C17.jpg

last act of the day..

IMG_Su3015.jpg

see you guys on Sat...

and this fella caught me by surprise..

IMG_C17.jpg

see you guys on Sat...

I just left before it came!

Thunder 5...

IMG_TBNo5.jpg

How come the "5" upside down?

Its intentional. If you go on Saturday, you'll notice that Thunderbird no. 5 pilot's "5" on his chest is inverted too! So that way, you can see it the right side up :)Wikipedia it! Cheers!

Edited by SherM

Tomorow (friday) is the media presentation not opened to public? anyone going there to spot (i spot using my eyes) can i come along?

received this in my Facebook today from Mr Uncle Lim, and you know what he says...

Lim Kit Siang (林吉祥) Eurofighter flight display at Subang. Is Malaysia buying it?

He is really koo-koo, and reading all the comments from his fans is even more Koo-koo. :rofl:

Tomorow (friday) is the media presentation not opened to public? anyone going there to spot (i spot using my eyes) can i come along?

I might be going. The usual spotting place kut. Depends la. I also wanna know where the other spotters will be.

received this in my Facebook today from Mr Uncle Lim, and you know what he says...

Lim Kit Siang (林吉祥) Eurofighter flight display at Subang. Is Malaysia buying it?

He is really koo-koo, and reading all the comments from his fans is even more Koo-koo. :rofl:

Politicians. What do they know?