MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Tom/PER

Future Air Asia X deliveries

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know when the next new batch of D7 A333's are due for delivery?

-XXC is c/n 1048, -XXD is c/n 1066 and -XXE is c/n 1075 so all these will roll off the production line quite closely after each other.

Also does anyone know what seats they are going to be delivered with? Same as -XXA and -XXB as I recall reading their was going to be some changes.

I've bitten the bullet and doing a PER-KL-PER trip with a side-trip to KCH in Novemeber so hoping for a better experience this time.

do u collect a/c models as well?

well i am,only have 8 at da moment...

7 air asia,1 mas...

Hi Folks,

-XXC is c/n 1048, -XXD is c/n 1066 and -XXE is c/n 1075 so all these will roll off the production line quite closely after each other.

Also does anyone know what seats they are going to be delivered with? Same as -XXA and -XXB as I recall reading their was going to be some changes.

I've bitten the bullet and doing a PER-KL-PER trip with a side-trip to KCH in Novemeber so hoping for a better experience this time.

Most probably i will be the same as XXA/B.

Sept, Oct and Dec 2009. XXC is already on test flights bearing test reggo F-WWKI.

The XL seats will be lie flat but the horrible 3-3-3 sliding seats will still be there. Unfortunately, only next year's deliveries will feature the better reclinable A320 seats that AK currently uses.

CH-Aviation

Air Asia X

Hub: Kuala Lumpur Intl | IATA: D7 | ICAO: XAX | details

C/N MSN last update model registration remarks former airline former reg. delivered to

54 0 A330-301 9M-XAA Air Madrid N54AN Aer Lingus

952 0 A330-343(X) 9M-XXA Air Asia X

974 0 A330-343(X) 9M-XXB Air Asia X

1048 0 A330-343(X) 9M-XXC not yet delivered

1066 0 A330-343(X) 9M-XXD not yet delivered

1075 0 A330-343(X) 9M-XXE not yet delivered

1127 0 A330-343(X) 9M-XXF not yet delivered

1131 0 A330-343(X) 9M-XXG not yet delivered

Slightly off but thought use the same topic. Believe AirAsia X is sourcing for more A340-300s and here

is probably a good lease deal considering it is average 12-15 years old!

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/09/01/331725/gulf-air-puts-a340-fleet-on-the-market.html

They already looked at these but the deal is not right - so they passed.

No deferment of plane deliveries, says AirAsia X

BUDGET long-haul carrier AirAsia X (5099) has no plans to defer the delivery of its planes, despite its parent doing so in anticipation of a possible delay in the construction of the new low-cost carrier terminal.

"No (we will not defer any plane deliveries), because we don't have the big numbers like AirAsia, we have been quite conservative in our expansion. The option is to keep the planes outside of Kuala Lumpur (KL), in order to reduce the congestion here," AirAsia X chief executive officer Azran Osman-Rani told reporters at its booth in conjunction with Matta Fair in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

The airline will have eight wide-body aircraft by year-end, with another eight to be delivered on a staggered basis by 2011.

Azran gave an example that for an aircraft to initially return to KL after a flight to Abu Dhabi, it could look to send it on to Europe, rather than returning to KL.

"It is not an ideal situation and for AirAsia X, it is a real concern, considering that we have only four parking bays right now," he said.

Full report here: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/azx/Article/

Just wanna share, someone posted this on skyscrapercity...tell me what you think!

3923299508_560d095541_b.jpg

Better than the current sliding seats?

If Airasia is considering this seat configuration, i may be thinking to fly with them for long haul in d future...

Just wanna share, someone posted this on skyscrapercity...tell me what you think!

3923299508_560d095541_b.jpg

Better than the current sliding seats?

If Airasia is considering this seat configuration, i may be thinking to fly with them for long haul in d future...

Premium seats look very good. Though if I had the option I will never go for their 3-3-3 A330's. Even 3-4-3 on the 77W is terrible for me.

At least they listen to the customers' feedback. If they really install the premium seats, MAS will really be in trouble. What's the average difference between their XL fares and MH Y? And the colours look great too.... :clapping:

Aeroflot have recently taken c/n 1045 so -XXC must be very close to delivery.

9M-XXC should be in the D7 fleet around 1 October 2009.

At least they listen to the customers' feedback. If they really install the premium seats, MAS will really be in trouble. What's the average difference between their XL fares and MH Y? And the colours look great too.... :clapping:

don't think MH will be affected much. After all C & Y fares on MH are meant for people with $$ to splash out on. Those same people won't be switching to AirAsia just to get a better deal, considering the lack of lounge facility,privileged check-in, express lanes, food and luggage allowance.

but D7's new Premium seats will allow alot more people to travel long haul in comfort :D

I flew D7 XL from KUL to OOL earlier in the year. Price was very competitive to MH Economy full fare, but XL has so much more legroom and seat width. And the XL cabin will look even sexier with flatbeds! :D

don't think MH will be affected much. After all C & Y fares on MH are meant for people with $$ to splash out on. Those same people won't be switching to AirAsia just to get a better deal, considering the lack of lounge facility,privileged check-in, express lanes, food and luggage allowance.

but D7's new Premium seats will allow alot more people to travel long haul in comfort :D

I know C are for those who can splash, but mostly Y are filled with people who have to fly with no other alternatives. If I fly Y, i dont mind about the lounge or express lane, as long as I can get from poit A to point B. The cheaper the better.

I flew D7 XL from KUL to OOL earlier in the year. Price was very competitive to MH Economy full fare, but XL has so much more legroom and seat width. And the XL cabin will look even sexier with flatbeds! :D

Thanks for the info. Like I said before, if the XL price is competitive compared to MH's Y, I'd definitely go with the flatbed. Who needs food when you can sleep comfortably. Actually I need, but you get my point... :p

Were you on XAA? XAA went into new fitting somewhere in March. The old fitting were more comfurtable i guess. Was on XXA and XXB , the XL was just slightly better than MH Y.

Were you on XAA? XAA went into new fitting somewhere in March. The old fitting were more comfurtable i guess. Was on XXA and XXB , the XL was just slightly better than MH Y.

Yes, XAA unfortunately... Same bird back to OOL, but much better cuz seated in row 1 (XL). :D

Hi Folks,

XXC already in service since 1st Oct 09, XXD just arrive KUL from TLS yesterday (19th Nov 09) 1900LT and XXE expected to be delivered by end of this year or early next year. seat configure for XXD and XXE might be different from XXA and XXB, just a slightly different.

Sign in to follow this