MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

"Tiger Airways Least Popular Airline Among Aussies"

September 01, 2009 10:58 AM

"Tiger Airways Least Popular Airline Among Aussies"

By Neville D'Cruz

MELBOURNE, Sept 1 (Bernama) -- Australians have voted Tiger Airways their least favourite airline, says a new survey.

The Domestic Airline Satisfaction Survey conducted by Choice magazine ranked Tiger lowest, with a 55 percent satisfaction rate.

Jetstar was rated second-lowest, with a 60 percent satisfaction rate, while Virgin Blue was the most satisfactory, at 68 per cent.

Travellers liked Virgin Blue's friendly crew, but some found its quirky on-board banter irritating.

Internationally, Singapore Airlines was rated number one for overall satisfaction, with a 78 percent rating, followed by Emirates, Air New Zealand and Cathay Pacific.

Jetstar was the lowest-ranking airline for international satisfaction, with a 53 percent satisfaction rating.

Qantas was second-lowest, with 59 percent, and Virgin Blue third worst, with 65 percent.

There was some good news for Tiger Airways, as it was voted best when it came to value for money, at 75 percent.

The survey comes as the New South Wales Office of Fair Trading revealed it received 1,546 travel-related complaints in the 2008/09 year, compared with 1,200 in 2007/08 and just 1006 in 2006/07.

Complaints also included unsatisfactory service, cancellations and non-listing of prices and fees.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=437101

Internationally, Singapore Airlines was rated number one for overall satisfaction, with a 78 percent rating, followed by Emirates, Air New Zealand and Cathay Pacific.

hmmn...the malaysia 5star airline not in the list ar......shame..

hmmn...the malaysia 5star airline not in the list ar......shame..

Well, that's not good, but it's a survey of Australians...even AirAsia isn't on the list. Do they have a thing for Malaysia?

I personally dislike the Tigers as well.. makes you dizzy when you fly haha. Tiger beer effect? I wish they have wide bodies .. else my money still opts for DeeSe7en

Edited by Ignatius

No pun intended, but this was exactly how Mai and I felt about Tiger (after our experience on the SIN-KUL-SIN flights):

NEVER AGAIN !!! :angry:

No pun intended, but this was exactly how Mai and I felt about Tiger (after our experience on the SIN-KUL-SIN flights):

NEVER AGAIN !!! :angry:

What exactly happened?

What exactly happened?

5 gate-changes and 6 hours delay (mind you, the bus to KUL would have been faster), and ground-staff having no clue what to tell the passengers; ofcourse, no refreshments were offered and no excuse was given by the ground-staff and lateron by the crew !!! :angry:

Customer-wise very unprofessional !!! :finger:

5 gate-changes and 6 hours delay (mind you, the bus to KUL would have been faster), and ground-staff having no clue what to tell the passengers; ofcourse, no refreshments were offered and no excuse was given by the ground-staff and lateron by the crew !!! :angry:

My goodness... As for the gate changes, I can in a way understand what happened because gate assignment is a pre-arranged set up from before therefore when a delay occurs, the delayed flight will be assigned an opened gate since the original gate will be occupied by another flight. However, if the delay rolls over and the open gate is no longer available, then a change is required. Delay rolls some more, the other gate the flight is assigned to would be taken taken... so on and so forth, you get the idea.

So while it is annoying, there is a very REAL and operational reason behind it.

However, how the airline wants to handle the customer is at the end of the day, up to the management and not placating passengers on a 6 hour delay is not something I can tolerate. Perhaps providing refreshments during a delay is cost... But nickle and diming at the end of the day is penny wise pound foolish. Sorry to hear that even the crew was not apologetic about the delay.

My goodness...

Perhaps providing refreshments during a delay is cost... But nickle and diming at the end of the day is penny wise pound foolish. Sorry to hear that even the crew was not apologetic about the delay.

Very well said... :good:

If TR would have spent, let's say, SGD30 p/p during this continuing delay, for refreshings and some food, they would, at least, keep us as their customers; now, they don't...

The most annoying thing was, though, ground-staff had no clue what was happening and kept us in the blind...

Wtf, are they alwaz hv their flight delayed?

I just booked my Tiger's flight KUL to SIN this coming December. I should have come here ealier.

Wish me luck.... :D

Sign in to follow this