MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
kianhong

From Maroochydore (ICAO: YBMC, IATA : MCY) and beyond

hey hey, Capt. Ockendens beauty! when's your base check mate? or cleared already?

Yes ... cleared on Tuesday with Capt Utermark.

kian hong are you going to riverfire to see the last time F111'S Dump and Burn

Yeah ... will go down after lunch. Will you be there as well?

Here's a view looking out of the 'Bou cargo door.

A4-195_YBMC_110909.jpg

Enjoy and cheers!

Holy Smokes !!! :blink:

What a lovely series of pictures you've got of this beautiful Cariboo !!! :yahoo: :drinks:

Just look at those flaps: no wonder it can almost land and take-off like a helicopter...

Seems, the birds do love the tail as well :pardon:

:rolleyes: If i got time I will go, what I sugest instead of parking in the city which is a fortune, drive to Chermside or Aspley and then catch the bus to the city

Great photos Kian hong, all the best to the Advance jet training phase. You'll love it !!! I missed it alot.

Hope to have the chance to fly u back to Sin on the A333. Cheers and keep the photos coming dude especially some from the Lear Sim if u can manage to snap shot a few.

Happy landings

Was rather disappointed with the F-111 dump n burn last nite, too much smoke from the fire works. Other than that, a very enjoyable and awesome nite.

Anyway, caught this Skytans Dash-8-100 with Northern Pride decal while picking up the rented car.

VH-QQC_YBMC_120909.jpg

Thanks Colin. Will request jump seat on my way back to SGP. See you on Seat 0K. :D

Here a photo of the LR45 sim. No photo inside the sim yet.

SimA-LR45_YBMC_110909.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by kianhong

Will do Kian hong, awaits yr Sim photos.

I overflew abeam MCY this morning on the Coral 4 Departure out of Brisbane. Superb view from the Capt's side, any of your pals doing circuits this morning at Rockhampton? Think we saw one Lear departing Rocky area while we cruised by at FL360.

Cheers

Some random selection of photos over the past week.

Jetstar newest A320 (VH-VGZ) - 3 months old.

VH-VGZ_YBMC_160909.jpg

VH-SQM bath in warm rising sun. Getting ready for a sortie up north, which was also my first observation flight.

VH-SQM_YBMC_160909.jpg

Crossing Pioneer River on approach to Mackay rwy 14.

VH-SQM_YBMK_160909.jpg

'The Australian' - this paper has a dedicated aviation section every Friday.

VH-UZN_YBTL_160909.jpg

Dutch lady in Alliance color.

VH-FWI_YBTL_160909.jpg

Took this at Coolum beach - rescuer in a matching color aqua-suit.

VH-ELR_Coolum-Beach_200909.jpg

This KingAir B200C with a big blink is dedicated to uncle Norman. Good looking color IMO.

VH-HPP_YBMC_210909.jpg

Will do Kian hong, awaits yr Sim photos.

I overflew abeam MCY this morning on the Coral 4 Departure out of Brisbane. Superb view from the Capt's side, any of your pals doing circuits this morning at Rockhampton? Think we saw one Lear departing Rocky area while we cruised by at FL360.

Colin, you gotta be patient with the sim photos. They are pretty packed these days.

Yeah ... there was a CCTs sortie at Rocky yesterday. I did mine today. :yahoo: I feel that we are the luckiest bunch of peoples around. T & G with Learjet 45? :pardon:

Thanks for viewing. Cheers.

Hmmm... Don't remember MKY being that beautiful the last time I flew there. Must be the Lear! :rofl:

A few more aerial shots for Chaity. Enjoy!

And yes, Tony. It could be because of the Lear. :pardon:

Crusing at FL340 enroute to Mackay.

VH-SQM_inflight_160909-2.jpg

Visual left downwind for Mackay rwy14.

VH-SQM_YBMK_160909-2.jpg

Final for YBMC rwy 36. Sunshine plaza can be seen and the suburb further away is Mooloolaba - somewhat like Miami beach.

VH-SQM_inflight_160909.jpg

As you guys may already know. Part of NSW and QLD are experiencing a terrible dust storm. The shot below was taken this morning at FL350 enroute to Tamworth.

VH-SQR_inflight_230909.jpg

ILS missed approach at Tamworth and diverted back to YBMC.

VH-SQR_YSTW_230909.jpg

Roger roger.... Shiok right do Circuits in the L45. Wait till u do T & Gs in the 777 or A333....... tats even more brain freezing !!!

:yahoo: Can't wait but let me enjoy flying the Lear first.

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Another big thanks Kianhong for the beautiful photos. :clapping:

Wow! The 2nd last showing the sandstorm is just unbelievable. :o

The view was rather shocking as we descent thru the dust storm. See nothing outside. :blink: I had feeling that i was descending thru latte, teh-tarik, and milo-O. :p

Some shots from Townsville and probably some preview of what you gonna get when Thunderbirds visit SZB early next month.

They are here for the Defence Force Air Display which is from 26-27 September 2009. Like what MIR mentioned in the Thunderbirds post, two C-17 Globemaster III and a KC-10 tanker are here for support as well.

KC-10 tanker plus DHC-4 Caribous on the ramp.

squadron38_Caribous_YBTL_260909.jpg

Two USAF C-17 Globemaster. :yahoo:

90170_YBTL_260909.jpg

90170_YBTL_260909-2.jpg

90170_YBTL_260909-3.jpg

Thunderbirds lining up nicely in front of KC-10 tanker. Awesome looking KC-10 tanker. :)

91946_YBTL_260909.jpg

Thunderbird tails. My mate onboard took this shot while I was taxing out for departure to Mackay.

Thunder-birds_YBTL_260909.jpg

One Thunderbirs which took off for practice before our departure. Damn ... they are fast. And a bloody distraction for this bugger here. :pardon:

Thunder-birds_no8_YBTL_260909.jpg

Sorry bout the photo quality. :sorry: I wasn't in command of the camera all the time as I was part of the tech crews.

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Great shots of the T-birds & C-17s. Jeez..I guess the C-17 pilots & crew find the dusty conditions over there similar to their missions at Afghanistan/Iraq :lol:

KH, good photos, quality not too bad... anymore of the displays? close up perhaps? :rolleyes:

Edited by Min

Hey KH, when was it that you took the T-Birds pics?

Some of my my T-Birds pics from TSV.

_MG_3763.jpg

The Thunderbirds relay system which the team uses to monitor information on the aircraft as well as to communicate with the pilots. Note the Blue Angels flag.

_MG_3771.jpg

The only F-16D in the squadron. Though the aircraft spots Thunderbird No. 5 markings here, it was seen with No. 8 markings on the open day. Apparently the numbers are just stickers which they can stick on and peel off easily, depending on aircraft availability.

_MG_3795.jpg

No. 2, flown by Maj John Baum. This is the first year that the team is using the Blk 52s, which provided them with more thrust than the Blk 30s they were using previously.

_MG_3821.jpg

The RAAF Roulettes arrives at TSV. With the T-Birds around, their display was almost a non-event.

Edited by RoyRX

Min : Didn't manage to get close to the T-birds nor the C-17s or KC-10. Was on a training flight up north RK-MK-TL.

Roy : I took those pix on the 26 September 2009. They a practice run in the afternoon at Townsville Airport right after i left.

Min : Didn't manage to get close to the T-birds nor the C-17s or KC-10. Was on a training flight up north RK-MK-TL.

Roy : I took those pix on the 26 September 2009. They a practice run in the afternoon at Townsville Airport right after i left.

Hey KH. I think that's the main display. The rehearsal was on friday and the actual display was on saturday afternoon.