MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan B.

Krispy Kreme on AK

Air Asia is to be the first airline in the world to sell Krispy Kreme on board according to Tony on Twitter.

Guess I'll find out how/what is it soon enough. :p

maybe easyjet shd have taken the head start.. but too bad they did not.. imagine kirspy kreme a product that is so famously sold at harrods in the past (and now all over london even in tescos) will be sold in a no frills airline.. hehe.. i must say krispy kreme is a very successful product.. even i like it.. go AK... i m sure if they sell it at the right price.. the demand will be high n just hope other krispy creme will not affect the sale of other food onboard like their so called famous nasi lemak..

Brilliant idea of Krispy Kreme on board ! Looking forward an AirAsia-Krispy Kreme logojet too :yahoo:

If i'm not mistaken Berjaya Group is the franchise holder for Krispy Kreme in Malaysia.

Edited by MIR

... i m sure if they sell it at the right price.. the demand will be high n just hope other krispy creme will not affect the sale of other food onboard

Yeah, used to be just in Harrords, now they're everywhere! IIRC there is one at Stansted airport too.

How much does a Krispy Kreme cost in Msia? I guess its cheaper than the UK - a single glazed ring doughnut is £1.10 (RM6) over here.

Yeah, used to be just in Harrords, now they're everywhere! IIRC there is one at Stansted airport too.

How much does a Krispy Kreme cost in Msia? I guess its cheaper than the UK - a single glazed ring doughnut is £1.10 (RM6) over here.

Its around Rm2.50 for glazed, others are Rm2.80. I guess AK price will be Rm4-5?

Really have to buy some to test in 30,000ft. Not sure how it will taste. ;)

as a matter of fact.. i know a lot of msians do carry them all the way back to KUL to be sampled by their relatives and friends.. this is the story before krispy kreme have their franchise in msia la.. so technically those doughtnuts had been the altitude of almost 40,000 feet but to sample one at the altitude.. i dont know.. hehe..

AirAsia to lift ancillary income

It sees a 20% rise in two years from RM177mil

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia Bhd, which raked in RM177mil in ancillary income for financial year ended Dec 31 (FY08), aims to increase this figure by 20% in two years, says group chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes.

He said food and beverage (F& B) sales contributed RM30mil in FY08 and with the introduction of more new in-flight menus, the target was achievable.

“Average passenger spending on F&B currently is about RM3.25 and we are targeting to increase this to RM5 with the introduction of new menus such as Krispy Kreme doughnuts,” he said yesterday after the launch of “AirAsia Introduces Krispy Kreme Onboard”.

AirAsia’s ancillary income in the first half year hit RM186mil with food sales contributing a major portion. Fernandes said the introduction of the doughnut was a first as no other airline had done it before and it would complement well other food offered on AirAsia flights.

“With the addition of Krispy= Kreme in our snack attack in-flight menu, we offer our guests another best-of-its-class product. We expect this new addition to contribute to our profit starting this quarter,” he said.

Berjaya Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Sdn Bhd director Datuk Francis Lee said it was excited to be exposed to this large market of AirAsia guests.

“Now AirAsia guests will be able to enjoy our premium quality doughnuts onboard. Like AirAsia, Krispy Kreme is a buzzword that millions recognise as synonymous to quality, affordability, easy accessibility and good times,” he said.

The company is the master franchisee for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Malaysia.

Available from Sept 1 on all AirAsia flights, Krispy Kreme doughnuts will be offered at RM7 per pack of two.

Source

Brilliant idea of Krispy Kreme on board ! Looking forward an AirAsia-Krispy Kreme logojet too :yahoo:

If i'm not mistaken Berjaya Group is the franchise holder for Krispy Kreme in Malaysia.

Yes they were;Berjaya Group is the franchise holder for Krispy Kreme in Malaysia,besides than Starbucks.

Actually the pictures shown on their menu is really quite appetizing. However, when the dish is served...hmmm.

I hope Krispy Kreme will fare better in Malaysia than in Jakarta.. Over the 4 yrs living there, we noticed KK being our neighbourhood donut joint to a very rare mall outlet today. They closed so many outlets throughout South Jakarta, even the one in Plaza Senayan is closed..

It's 3.80 AUD or 11.4 rm in Australia just for a plain donught. I hope D7 doesn't sell them for 6 aud just for plain <_<

From the Krispy Kreme’s fame, believe the donuts sales on board will be doing very well in the first few months or until someone (MAB?) set up a KK stall at LCCT.

Personally, find KK too sweet for my taste bud and should be eaten with large cup of black coffee.

:drinks: