MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Middle Eastern Airlines into KUL

Notice the absence of giggling stewardesses....

HAHAHAH!!! Wonder what is making them laugh when the photo is taken...

MH stewardesses should not L.O.L but learn to utter a charming and poise smile :)

HAHAHAH!!! Wonder what is making them laugh when the photo is taken...

MH stewardesses should not L.O.L but learn to utter a charming and poise smile :)

Ya, like AK. :p

A Topic on Air Arabia starting flight to KUL via KTM has popped up one A.net but there doesn't seem to be any news on Air Arabia's website.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4984387/

If I recall correctly, they once planned on starting flight to KUL a year or two back. Stand to be corrected.

Just an update. Managed to Find some information. Looks like Air Arabia will fly the Sharjah-Kathmandu leg while fly yeti (Air Arabia's joint venture company) will ply the KTM-KUL leg daily.

More info below.

http://www.budgetairlineguide.com/forum/budget-airline-news/371-air-arabia-flyyeti-offer-low-fares-sharjah-kuala-lumpur.html

Edited by Raj

yeti did fly to KUL a few years ago! With plain white airplane............

KTM-KUL-KTM

Yea they did, but I was pretty sure they don't have any aircraft capable of plying the KTM-KUL route. Latest update is that

Air Arabia will indeed fly all the way to KUL. Schedule below.

What do you guys think about the turn around time, 40 minutes. Quite tight?

http://airlineroute.net/2010/11/16/g9-ktmkul-w10/#more-27025

Doomed to be delayed, with 40mins turn-around both times at KTM and also KUL... :(

Effective 16th December (first arrival 17th December), Air Arabia will become the newest airline serving KLIA, with a daily service from Sharjah via Kathmandu. Obviously the stop enroute is necessary due to the length of the route - to do SHJ direct with an A320 would impose severe weight penalties (almost empty flight) - however they will have full 5th freedom rights between KUL and KTM.

The schedule isn't the most photo friendly:

G9533 SHJ (1615) - KTM (2145/2225) - KUL (0510+1)

G9534 KUL (0550) - KTM (0815/0855) - SHJ (1150+1)

Callsign is "Arabia"

Hmm...hope that they would stay long enough.

KTM? That's interesting. Fare KUL/KTM less than US$400 according to website. Would love to see Everest from Nepal side, and to try Lukla too. :D

apart from MH and EK, does any other airlines operate to DPS from KUL?? i know QR used to do this but untagged to op SIN-DPS instead..

AK no?

Edited by Waiping

Kinda OT, but I have a question. I have a flight out of DXB in a few weeks on BA. Can I assume that the catering will be halal, and I don't have to request a Muslim meal for this sector?

Kinda OT, but I have a question. I have a flight out of DXB in a few weeks on BA. Can I assume that the catering will be halal, and I don't have to request a Muslim meal for this sector?

Should be.

I havent done BA, but have done LH. Was told LH out of JED, DXB, KWI etc are MOML-compliant by default. Should be the same for other carriers from Europe as I dont think they can/ would carry double sector catering all the way from base.

Thanks for replying. But yeah, hope it is halal because otherwise you just know they will give you some curry based dish :D

Almost all airlines do this if you request a Muslim meal..

Thanks for replying. But yeah, hope it is halal because otherwise you just know they will give you some curry based dish :D

Almost all airlines do this if you request a Muslim meal..

A reassurance is to ask the crew if the meals were uploaded in DXB.

On curries for MOML, one good exception is SQ, especially out of SIN. MOML can be chicken rice, chinese-styled noodle dish, a western seafood dish, pasta etc.

However, out of other stations, I usually ask SQ to state a "no curries" comment to an MOML request.

bad news..no Air Arabia then for KUL..supposedly the first flight by today.

Air Arabia's Malaysia permit suspended

REPUBLICA

KATHMANDU Dec 15: Bowing to pressure from all quarters, the government on Wednesday suspended the permit issued to Air Arabia to operate scheduled flights on Kathmandu- Kuala Lumpur route.

Ranjan Krisha Aryal, joint secretary at the Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation (MoTCA), said the government took the decision, taking into consideration the direction of parliamentary International Relations and Human Rights Committee and changing circumstances.

“We have instructed the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal to immediately implement the decision. Air Arabia´s flight to Kuala Lumpur scheduled to begin from Thursday has been cancelled,” Aryal added.

The International Relations and Human Rights Committee on Sunday instructed the government to cancel the permission given to the UAE-based budget carrier to operate flights on one of the most profitable routes of national flag carrier Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC).

Meanwhile, NAC employees on the day obstructed all domestic flights of the national carrier, demanding the government to withdraw the permit issued to Air Arabia. The disruption of about a dozen flights affected around 200 passengers heading to different parts of the country.

Pradeep Karki, deputy director of NAC, said three flights each from Kathmandu, Pokhara, Biratnagar and Nepalgunj were scheduled for the day.

Organizing a press meet, trade unions of employees of the national flag carrier warned that they would shut Tribhuwan International Airport on Thursday if the government failed to address their demands.

They argued that the decision to allow Air Arabia operate flights on the route would push the national flag carrier to the brink of collapse.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=26211