MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Middle Eastern Airlines into KUL

Also, when did Royal Jordanian last withdrew services to KUL? Were those withdrawn flights also operated via BKK and what aircraft was then being used? Interesting history at KUL, and I hope someone is recording these.

I remember i saw RJ Lockheed L-1011 Tristar at Subang in the 80s, i think it was a direct KUL-AMM service.

I've just read about the article about RJ resuming flight to KUL on The Borneo Post;it stated that RJ will be using A330 for the AMM-BKK-KUL flight.

Also, when did Royal Jordanian last withdrew services to KUL?

KC Sim

Last recorded photo of RJ A342 in KUL was in Dec 2003.

With the recent development and new rumours from MH Rumour Department, the speculated 3 new Middle Eastern destinations for MH stand at RUH (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia), KWI (Kuwait City, Kuwait) and MCT (Muscat, Oman).

BREAKING NEWS!

The 1st out of 3 new Middle Eastern destinations by MH has been leaked by the MH Rumour Department just now and we are all missed the target LOL.

MH to launch Dammam (DMM) via Dubai (DXB). MH will use the current flight MH 154/155 KUL-DXB-KUL to extend the service to DMM. It will be 2 weekly service using A332, every Wed and Sat (from DMM) and every Tue and Fri (from KUL).

King Fahad International Dammam (DMM) is the third largest international airport in Saudi Arabia and it is the gateway into the eastern region city of Dammam/Dhahran/Al Khobar. Bahrain is also nearby and linked with Dammam by a causeway. Dammam is the seat of Saudi Aramco, the largest oil & gas company in the world.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

Not sure if this has been mentioned but i received a promotional offer email this morning and included in the list was Damman.

I just checked GDS and it is loaded as MH154 KUL-DXB-DMM using A330-200 aircraft.

Official announcement for MH's new DMM service. Glad to know that MH was granted 5th freedom right for the DXB-DMM vv sector as well.

Malaysia Airlines Set To Begin Dammam Service

DUBAI, April 1 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines will further spread Malaysian hospitality to this part of the world when it starts flying to the Saudi Arabian city of Dammam next month.

The service begins on May 5, twice weekly every Wednesday and Saturday, the award-winning airline said in a statement.

A return ticket from Dammam to Dubai starts from 643 riyals, while a Dammam-Kuala Lumpur return fare starts from 1,664 riyals.

The carrier also said a return ticket from Dubai to Dammam is available from 635 dirhams.

Bookings for the all-inclusive airfares are open now till Sept 30, 2010, for travel between May 5 and Dec 31, 2010.

-- BERNAMA

While at the my area mosque today,i've seen a Umrah Package brochure (For the period of 2/05-9/06/2010) by TH Travel & Services; Looks like the flight is operated by Oman Air.

I'm not sure which type of 737NG WY operating for MCT-JED-MCT flight (since they have 2 737 and 13 738).

I think someone mentioned WY is going to start serving KUL in May. From that Umrah brochure, it could starts as early as 2 May 2010. In WY's website as well, Kuala Lumpur is being promoted extravagantly but the travel date starts on 1 June 2010.

offer_malaysia.jpg

WY received thunderous raving reviews lately with 3 insanely positive trip reports about the airline in A.Net, and they got the attention of one of A.Net's most influential trip reporter. KUL is so lucky that WY is going to send their most modern aircraft, the A333, here.

As for the MCT-JED vv leg, the aircraft used is quite substitute-able. They send their glorious A333 here in JED pretty often too.

With WY going to start MCT-KUL vv, I wonder what will happen to MH's plan to start KUL-MCT vv, as informed by the MH Rumour Department. Will it still a go?

On the other hand, as mentioned in another thread, RJ is returning to KUL (via BKK with NO 5th freedom right for BKK-KUL vv sectors) beginning 1 June 2010 and here is the official press release. Like WY, RJ is also going to send their most modern aircraft with the latest inflight product to KUL. Another reason for us to cheer about.

RJ News

April 03 2010

http://www.rj.com/en/tabid/59/Default.aspx?itemID=225

On June 1 this year Royal Jordanian will resume its operations between Amman and the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur, after five years during which flights were suspended for commercial reasons.

President/CEO Hussein Dabbas said that putting Kuala Lumpur back on the RJ route network is driven by commercial reasons, too.

Studies of the market indicated that it is feasible to reconnect Jordan and Malaysia, in light of the signs of recovery and increase in tourism and commercial activity to Malaysia, which is considered a family tourist attraction to the Arab countries.

Dabbas pointed out that the airline will serve this route three times weekly, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The flights are bound to stimulate relations between Jordan and Malaysia and facilitate transportation of tourists, businessmen and goods.

Moreover, it will serve the Jordanian and Arab communities residing in Malaysia, and will boost tourism in both countries.

The three weekly flights to Kuala Lumpur will be operated via Bangkok using the Airbus A330s. The two new aircraft will join the RJ fleet in May 21st, this year.

Dabbas pointed out that the two wide-bodied, less-than-one-year-old aircraft seat 283 passengers; 24 of them are business class. They also provide optimal comfort to passengers in terms of seat pitch and in-flight entertainment system on both business and economy class. The aircraft will be equipped with Audio-Video On Demand (AVOD) system, available to all passengers, whereby each can choose from a wide selection of programs and watch it on his/her screen.

Founded in 1963, Royal Jordanian was privatized in December 2007. The Jordanian government retained a 26 per cent holding with the next biggest shareholder a company in the M1 group, with 19 per cent.

Royal Jordanian prides itself on providing a high quality of customer service. It offers two cabin classes on all flights - Crown (Business) and Economy. On its long haul flights, Crown offers sleeper seats that recline to fully flat. The airline operates one of the world's most modern fleets, numbering 31 aircraft.

Its Amman base provides the travellers with one of the best hubs for travelling around the Middle East - the world's fastest growing region for air travel - where the airline's network is focused.

RJ serves 57 worldwide destinations spread over four continents. It flies to around 30 points in the Arab world - giving it the most extensive network of any airline in this region.

Some photos to welcome these 2 new airlines:

OMAN AIR

1576296.jpg

OmanFCL.jpg

1603843.jpg

1636838.jpg

There is unfortunately no new photos of Royal Jordanian and its product.

Thanks for the info;MAR.Looks like the Umrah pilgrims will be comfortable for their KUL-MCT flight.And i didn't knew that KUL was the newest WY destination as well! :blink:

Glad to see RJ flying back to KUL.

I think Malaysian aviation enthusiast will try & prefer this emerging WY as compared to the traditional EK, EY, QR, SV & GF. Even better if JED route is also served by their legendary 332/333. So much of a positive report on them lately as someone describe it as the hidden jewel. More options for umra' pilgrims from KUL then. Now MH, SV, EK, EY, QR, GF, MS + future WY & RJ. More middle east tails are good for the scenery.

Well, what's that?

Ignore this question if it is Emirates :D

EDIT: I'm talking about the school holiday period by the way, 5th-19th June.

Just checked D7 and you can get a rate of RM3233 during this period if you know how to look ;) Though that of course doesn't include food, bags etc.

Edited by jani

To WY,

Ahlan Wasahlan (Welcome) to KUL! :hi:

That's mean the Middle East carriers operating flights to KUL had increased from 5 to 7.

*EK (DXB-KUL and DXB-KUL-MEL)

*EY (AUH-KUL)

*GF (BAH-KUL)

*SV (JED-KUL)

*QR (DOH-KUL)

*WY (MCT-KUL)-Starting May 1st

*RJ (AMN-BKK-KUL)-restarts on June 2nd.However 5th freedom between BKK-KUL was not granted to RJ,so they have no rights to transport passengers between the mentioned destination.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Ahh,forgot about KU,IY and IR. Thanks Mushrif.And Mahan Air (W5) as well.

From the 7 above,plus 4 more,so it's 11.

*KU (KWI-KUL)

*IR (THR-KUL)

*W5 (SYZ-KUL)

*IY (SAH-KUL)

Wow 11 Middle Eastern carriers in KUL! 12 if we consider Egypt Air too, but I think Egypt Air should be regarded as an African carrier.

Now we just need to lure Syrian Air, Middle East Airlines (of Lebanon) and Iraq Airways to complete ALL Middle Eastern carriers in KUL. I think now it is the golden time for KUL with regards to this development.

If I may correct some of the routings that Tarmizi posted before:

SV: JED-KUL-CGK vv, and I think some SV flights come from RUH and DMM too. Their schedules are quite weird and kinda unreliable.

KU: KWI-KUL-CGK vv

IY: SAH-DXB-KUL-CGK vv

Bottom line is, the Arabs like Malaysia. There's something about our country that makes them go gaga to come to our shores. We should exploit this to our advantage.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

amazing stuff...11 middle eastern carriers serving KUL! we used to have MEA too in the past ... the picture is almost complete!

Wow 11 Middle Eastern carriers in KUL! 12 if we consider Egypt Air too, but I think Egypt Air should be regarded as an African carrier.

Now we just need to lure Syrian Air, Middle East Airlines (of Lebanon) and Iraq Airways to complete ALL Middle Eastern carriers in KUL. I think now it is the golden time for KUL with regards to this development.

If I may correct some of the routings that Tarmizi posted before:

SV: JED-KUL-CGK vv, and I think some SV flights come from RUH and DMM too. Their schedules are quite weird and kinda unreliable.

KU: KWI-KUL-CGK vv

IY: SAH-DXB-KUL-CGK vv

Bottom line is, the Arabs like Malaysia. There's something about our country that makes them go gaga to come to our shores. We should exploit this to our advantage.

Thanks for the correction,MAR.

Syrian,MEA and Iraqi Airways would be interesting;Just imagine the green-colored Iraqi Airways plane landing at KUL :rolleyes:

And the Jordanian finally arrived.

MAHB Eyes Two More Airlines

June 02, 2010 21:20 PM

SEPANG, June 2 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd expects two more airlines from the region to fly into the KL International Airport (KLIA) this year, says Managing Director Tan Sri Bashir Ahmad.

"We are currently in talks with a few airlines and hope to finalise two before year-end," he told reporters at a welcoming reception for the Royal Jordanian Airline which resumed its services to Kuala Lumpur Wednesday after a seven-year hiatus.

The Royal Jordanian's flight arrived at the KLIA at 7.30pm on a routing via Bangkok, Thailand.

The airline ceased its operations to Kuala Lumpur in 2003.

It is the third Middle Eastern airline that MAHB managed to secure this year after Oman Air and Mahan Air.

Royal Jordanian will fly to Malaysia three times a week with flights scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with a stopover in Bangkok on its latest Airbus 330.

"We look forward to their success on this route and hope that the airline will be offering direct flights between Amman and Kuala Lumpur very soon," Bashir said.

The airline's chief executive officer Hussein Dabbas meanwhile said the decision to reconnect route to Malaysia was due to the positive growth in the country, which is considered a gateway to Southeast Asia.

Dabbas said Jordan was a stopover destination for Malaysian passengers travelling to the holy places in Mecca and Medina.

-- BERNAMA

Just imagine the green-colored Iraqi Airways plane landing at KUL :rolleyes:

IA has been declared bankrupt by the state of Iraq...

Let's wait and see what happens to Iraqi civil aviation... :mellow:

IA has been declared bankrupt by the state of Iraq...

Let's wait and see what happens to Iraqi civil aviation... :mellow:

That's just maneouvring to escape the clutches of creditors and Kuwaiti claimants on its assets for losses from the 1992 Kuwait invasion.

Expect a rebirth under the name Iraqi Airlines or AIr Iraq bla bla...just like Olympic.

On the other hand, as mentioned in another thread, RJ is returning to KUL (via BKK with NO 5th freedom right for BKK-KUL vv sectors) beginning 1 June 2010 and here is the official press release. Like WY, RJ is also going to send their most modern aircraft with the latest inflight product to KUL. Another reason for us to cheer about.

RJ has managed to get a 5th freedom right to ferry passengers from KUL to BKK and vise versa. KUL-BKK vv flights are now bookable through RJ's website. Another airline to add to this route (MH, AK, TG, FD, LH).

Iran Air new Mashad - Kuala Lumpur Service with 747SP.

As per GDS timetable display on 18JUN10, Iran Air in Summer 2010 season offers 1 weekly Mashad – Kuala Lumpur service with Boeing 747SEP. This is a new route launched since 31MAR10, in addition to 2 weekly service from Tehran.

Schedule below:

IR3470 MHD2020 – 0725+1KUL 74L 3

IR3471 KUL1110 – 1605MHD 74L 3

http://airlineroute.net/2010/06/18/ir-mhdkul/#more-22009

Interesting. KUL is now linked with 3 Iranian cities - Tehran, Shiraz and Mashhad by Iran Air and Mahan Air. It is worth noting as well that Iran Air's load into KUL is very healthy. They carried 100,548 passengers in 2009, up 28.2% from 2008.

Schedule below:

IR3470 MHD2020 – 0725+1KUL 74L 3

IR3471 KUL1110 – 1605MHD 74L 3

Think IR3471 should be day 4 (cannot believe the SP will stay at KUL for 1 week)...