MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Middle Eastern Airlines into KUL

From the airline's Wiki page, it states there that:

I searched through the press release/news page of the airline's website and there is no news of suspension of KUL. I tried to make a mock booking for a date in December 2009 and it went through. The airline serves KUL 4 times weekly, every Mon, Tue, Wed and Sat. The flights are still operated by A330, but all goes non stop to KUL from CAI - no more via BOM.

Arriving at KUL at 1550 and departing for CAI at 0130. Long turnaround time at KUL. Have booked a flight with them next summer for GBP 381.20 return from LHR. Hopefully, they will operate new B777-300 next summer on this route.

Why can't MH maintain a daily service to DXB? Has all the traffic run over to EK?

Substandard inflight products compared to EK. Who wants to fly MAS then ? Most O&D and connecting passengers will all choose EK. The ticket price of MAS is no cheaper than EK either.

According to the folks at MH, the reassignment of KUL-IST vv as a non stop flight from the previous KUL-DXB-IST vv pattern was the first step in turning around MH's game in the region. MH is planning to add 3 new destinations in the Middle East. Considering how dominant EK, EY and QR on the route between their respective hubs and KUL as opposed to MH's, and how interested other smaller Middle Eastern airlines to serve KUL (GF, SV, KU, Yemenia) even with a 1 weekly flight, I hope MH will succeed in their pursuit.

Malaysia Airlines Eyeing New Mideast Destinations

By Muin Abdul Majid

DUBAI, Oct 15 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines is studying the possibility of adding at least three new Middle Eastern destinations to its network, said regional general manager for Middle East and Africa, Merina Abu Tahir. She said the national carrier viewed the Middle East as a region showing big potential for growth. "The Middle East is definitely an area that Malaysia Airlines would want to concentrate on. We're eyeing at least three new destinations," Merina told Bernama here but declined to name the prospective cities.

She said for a start, the award-winning airline would begin thrice-weekly direct flights between Kuala Lumpur and Istanbul on Oct 25. At the moment, the service to the Turkish city is via Dubai. Merina said delinking Dubai from Istanbul would increase the airline's capacity for Dubai as well as Istanbul.

"That's the first step in our growth (plans) in the Middle East, and going forward we're looking for more areas to grow in this region," she added. Malaysia Airlines operates non-stop flights between Dubai and Kuala Lumpur five times a week, and via Karachi twice a week. It also offers three weekly flights between Dubai and Beirut, and four weekly flights between Jeddah and Kuala Lumpur.

The airline also has code-share flights from Abu Dhabi, Cairo, Bahrain, Doha and Muscat to Kuala Lumpur.

-- BERNAMA

I am quite puzzled on Merlina's statement about MH's flights to DXB as highlighted above. How can the capacity to DXB increase by delinking the IST flight?

Before 25 Oct:

KUL-DXB-BEY vv MH 156/157 3 weekly A333

KUL-KHI-DXB vv MH 160/161 2 weekly A333

KUL-DXB-IST vv MH 30/31 2 weekly A333

Total: 7 weekly flights (5 nonstop [2 of which continuing on to IST, while the other 3 continuing on to BEY] and 2 direct [via KHI])

After 25 Oct:

KUL-DXB-BEY vv MH 156/157 3 weekly A333

KUL-KHI-DXB vv MH 160/161 2 weekly A333

Total: 5 weekly flights (3 nonstop [all continuing on to BEY] and 2 direct [via KHI])

Is she ill informed?

However, no specific mention of the increase. I wonder how many of us here are aware of KU's schedule into KUL. Interesting to see if MH's planned 3 new Middle Eastern destinations is inclusive of Kuwait City, will this news jeopardise MH's strategy?

KU added 1 more flight on Thur since 25/10/09 in addition to their Wed & Sun flights serving Kuwait-KUL-Jakarta.

Certainly would like to see Oman Air here as well.

My bet on MH's new 3 Middle Eastern destinations:

Riyadh (RUH) - tiru SQ

Kuwait (KWI) - tiru SQ

Damascus (DAM) - via DXB, continuing the tradition of serving 'exotic' destination. MH used to served DAM when BEY was closed during the last bombing at the airport by the Israelis.

I am quite sceptical that MH will do well if going head-to-head with QR on the KUL-DOH vv sectors or with Etihad Airways EY on the KUL-AUH vv sectors. Both these airlines have already a daily or more than 7 weekly flights into KUL at present.

My bet on MH's new 3 Middle Eastern destinations:

Riyadh (RUH) - tiru SQ

Kuwait (KWI) - tiru SQ

Damascus (DAM) - via DXB, continuing the tradition of serving 'exotic' destination. MH used to served DAM when BEY was closed during the last bombing at the airport by the Israelis.

I am quite sceptical that MH will do well if going head-to-head with QR on the KUL-DOH vv sectors or with Etihad Airways EY on the KUL-AUH vv sectors. Both these airlines have already a daily or more than 7 weekly flights into KUL at present.

1. Damascus would be fine I guess. Any 5th right freedom ala DXB-BEY?

2. It will be quite fun actually if it materialised. It would be the battle of the 5* airlines. MH vs QR. If you notice, both airlines promote their 5* status like there's no tomorrow. LOL :p

Emirates has been going particularly stellar at the start of 2010. Some great news from the Dubai-based airline:

- EK to introduce a double-daily non-stop service to Jakarta, effective 1st March 2010.

- EK to launch daily flights to Amsterdam (1st May), Prague (1st July) and Madrid (1st August).

- EK launched a 4 weekly A380 service to Paris on 29th December 2009. The superjumbo will gradually replace the morning 777 service out of Dubai, becoming daily from 17th January.

- EK to introduce a 4 weekly A380 service to Jeddah on 1st February 2010. The service will become daily in May.

- And of course, EK to launch a daily DXB-KUL-MEL vv flight beginning 1st February 2010.

From our so called "intelligent tools", MH will start IKA service. However, not date fixed yet.

some update on QR (in addition of what Fairul has mentioned):

1. New destinations 2010: NRT (23Apr/A332/Daily), CPH(30Mar/A319/4x), ESB(2Apr/A32S/3x), BLR(19Feb/A320/Daily), BCN/SYD(Date/Eqp/Frq TBA)

2. DOH-KUL v.v. - From 1 Feb, all flights will be operated by B77W (42J/293Y)

3. Additional frequencies - Banyak sangat lah.. (too many)

Edited by nastar

From our so called "intelligent tools", MH will start IKA service. However, not date fixed yet.

1. New destinations 2010:

IKA? wow! Giving Iran Air a run for their money eh

MH to start KUL-IKA? :blink: Wah! What a suprise.Any idea what aircraft will be used for this sector (IR sends their classic 747s or more special,the 747SP!)

MH to start KUL-IKA? :blink: Wah! What a suprise.Any idea what aircraft will be used for this sector (IR sends their classic 747s or more special,the 747SP!)

Yup, we are monitoring the route closely. We have heard it since LY, but until now, no news... (knowing MH.. :D). no idea on the acft used, timing or whatever details.. But "intelligent tools" did indicated about it.. :)

Yup, we are monitoring the route closely. We have heard it since LY, but until now, no news... (knowing MH.. :D). no idea on the acft used, timing or whatever details.. But "intelligent tools" did indicated about it.. :)

I see..Thanks for the info :lol:

1. New destinations 2010: NRT (23Apr/A332/Daily), CPH(30Mar/A319/4x), ESB(2Apr/A32S/3x), BLR(19Feb/A320/Daily), BCN/SYD(Date/Eqp/Frq TBA)

2. DOH-KUL v.v. - From 1 Feb, all flights will be operated by B77W (42J/293Y)

3. Additional frequencies - Banyak sangat lah.. (too many)

too bad that NRT is a tag from KIX..NRT deserve a nonstop flight from DOH...I was on QR620 (2005) DOH-KUL on Monday...load was so-so..around 50%...nevertheless..the QR's 77W was awesome! way better than EK's..

That's unexpected! But I think it's a good one. So, now MH's (rumoured/speculated) 3 new Middle Eastern destinations are IKA, RUH and KWI. Looks promising. I think they are going to start with 2 weekly service with the B772s, and then later on with the newly purchased A33Es.

With this flight, if it ever materialised, we (Malaysia) is so gonna be on close US radar LOL!

Not Middle Eastern, but close to it.

PIA is to use its Jumbo on the KUL run.

Karachi – Kuala Lumpur 04APR10/11APR10 747-300 replace A310

http://airlineroute.net/2010/02/26/pk-intl-s10update2/#more-17932

Also Biman to fly its 777 to KUL one's weekly.

Dhaka – Kuala Lumpur Boeing 777 to operate service once a week. Planned frequency increase 6 to 9 weekly has changed, which the airline is to operate Daily service only

BG086 DAC1930 – 0015+1KUL 310 2

BG086 DAC2100 – 0145+1KUL EQV x2

BG087 KUL0115 – 0400DAC 310 3

BG087 KUL0245 – 0530DAC EQV x36

BG087 KUL0305 – 0545DAC 777 6

310 Day x156/x267

737 Day 47/15

777 Day 5/6

http://airlineroute.net/2010/02/18/bg-s10-update2/#more-17644

With regards to Saudi, what is their Frequency to KUL. Also is JED, RUH direct flights or tag on services?

So, now MH's (rumoured/speculated) 3 new Middle Eastern destinations are IKA, RUH and KWI.

With the recent development and new rumours from MH Rumour Department, the speculated 3 new Middle Eastern destinations for MH stand at RUH (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia), KWI (Kuwait City, Kuwait) and MCT (Muscat, Oman).

With regards to Saudi, what is their Frequency to KUL. Also is JED, RUH direct flights or tag on services?

Flight SV 831/832 JED-KUL is a non stop flight. I was booked on that flights recently (both journey on B744) but refused to fly them because I think SV is not 'classy' enough for me LOL. I'll get back with the schedule soon.

Royal jordanian will resume flight to KUL via BKK in June. :drinks:

Alamak how to edit title ah?

Edited by jadivindra

Amman – Bangkok – Kuala Lumpur

RJ180 AMM0210 – 1515BKK1615 – 1925KUL 332 135

RJ181 KUL2210 – 2320BKK0030+1 – 0515+1AMM 332 135

Is there any information when these resumed services will commence?

Also, when did Royal Jordanian last withdrew services to KUL? Were those withdrawn flights also operated via BKK and what aircraft was then being used? Interesting history at KUL, and I hope someone is recording these. Makes us envious looking at the number of beautiful Middle-eastern liveries gracing KLIA.

KC Sim

..... Makes us envious looking at the number of beautiful Middle-eastern liveries gracing KLIA.

A Singaporean spotter, "a hop skip & jump from Changi Airport", who is envious of KLIA

Surely something gone wrong along the way :pardon: :p