MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Middle Eastern Airlines into KUL

I have once seen Mahan Air's A310 in KLIA.

Yes, these 25-28 year old planes don't seem to be operating to KUL these days.

The last time I managed to catch one was over 6 months ago:

31167280843_1bef9cd103_c.jpg

Quick one, if you are traveling in a family of 4, but only 2 in Biz, can the other two also hop on for the chauffeur ride (in this case when landing in LHR)

2 biz class pax entitled to 2 chauffeur driven services if both pax are adults. Just book 2 cars & everyone hop on them.

I bought 4 biz class tickets to USA from KUL, 3 adults & 1 kid, I was told that I am entitled for 3 hotel rooms in DXB and chauffeur services. I asked them to book 3 rooms although I don't really need it - just to make my money worth.

Does anyone know why QR has switched all their flights into KUL to an A333/A332 effective Winter 2017?

Guess lower load. Personally preferred A333/A332 over 10 abreast 777.

Does anyone know why QR has switched all their flights into KUL to an A333/A332 effective Winter 2017?

Perhaps the Saudi action against Qatar has undermined people's confidence in the country. Transiting there may become dangerous and the risk of being stranded may have increased. Bottom line - lower demand.

Guess lower load. Personally preferred A333/A332 over 10 abreast 777.

Thanks.

Are their A333/A332 well maintained? The reviews on these aircraft are really poor.

Hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread.

Am scouting for flights to London for end Sept and looking to mix Biz/Economy. Was wondering if it's possible to have for example KUL-DXB and LHR-DXB on Economy and DXB-LHR and DXB-KUL on Biz?

You can split KUL-LHR on Economy and LHR-KUL on Business on Emirates, but not sure if can be done based on sectors.

Of course am asking if also possible for QR or EY (or any other, if you have suggestions).

Main consideration is that I will be traveling with my one year old son and wife, hence looking for a bit of a mix for comfort and the break-journey might be useful.

Thanks all

I think you can only breakup the sectors only if u book as multi city. But multi city fares are never going to be the cheapest.

Maybe you should consider premium economy to even out the bottom line?

I did consider PE but am not sure if ready to travel 13 hours non-stop with my very active 1yo son :D

Anyway yes, I forgot about multi-city when posting the above. Trying to find the best solution on that.

But again, seems only possible on EK though, strangely.

EDIT: To mix classes, I mean

Edited by jani

I did consider PE but am not sure if ready to travel 13 hours non-stop with my very active 1yo son :D

Anyway yes, I forgot about multi-city when posting the above. Trying to find the best solution on that.

But again, seems only possible on EK though, strangely.

EDIT: To mix classes, I mean

Consult a travel agent, they can do it on their system. On Internet booking, usually you can’t mix classes.

Saudia temporary files Boeing 787-10 service in S20

Saudia in the GDS and schedule listing has filed preliminary service for Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner aircraft. Preliminary filing currently displays the -10 aircraft operating Kuala Lumpur – Jeddah route, effective from 29MAR20. The configuration of 787-10 Dreamliner is C24Y333.

SV834 JED0205 – 1545KUL 787 D
SV842 JED0755 – 2135KUL 789 x236
SV840 JED1305 – 0245+1KUL 787 D

SV841 KUL0425 – 0745JED 787 D
SV835 KUL1720 – 2040JED 787 D
SV843 KUL2315 – 0235+1JED 789 x236

Edited by Cheng Kit

Consult a travel agent, they can do it on their system. On Internet booking, usually you can’t mix classes.

Just to update, got in touch with a travel agent who called QR. They said that you can purchase all-economy tickets and then upgrade sectors with points. Cannot with cash.

Just to update, got in touch with a travel agent who called QR. They said that you can purchase all-economy tickets and then upgrade sectors with points. Cannot with cash.

Sounds about right. Almost (all?) tickets wouldn't allow you to break the cabin halfway. You can however buy two roundtrips, i.e. KUL-DXB on EK Y and then a separate ticket DXB-LHR on EK J (this will be very costly). You can book one-way KUL-DXB-LHR in J and then LHR-DXB-KUL in Y, but not half and half :)

Saudia outlines 787-10 schedules in Oct 2019

Skyteam member Saudia in last week’s schedule update filed Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner operations for the month of October 2019, in addition to previously filed preliminary schedule in summer 2020 season. From 01OCT19 to 26OCT19, the 357-seater 787-10 is scheduled to operate following routes.

Jeddah – Dubai eff 05OCT19 1 weekly

SV588 JED1215 – 1600DXB 787 6

SV589 DXB1730 – 1915JED 787 6

Jeddah – Kuala Lumpur eff 01OCT19 6 weekly

SV834 JED0410 – 1750KUL 787 x6

SV835 KUL1930 – 2250JED 787 x6

Hi guys, it's fun to talk about our passion again - especially after having flown again after so long 😁

Anyway, recently took an EK flight to LHR via DXB and back. It was packed to the brim on all four legs.

LHR sector was on A380 while KUL unfortunately was on 77W, which is a nightmare in 3-4-3 Y config.

I haven't followed the industry much thanks to COVID but am back excited again, so do we know when the A380s will come back online to KUL? And will their 3rd frequency return anytime soon? Appreciate the discussion guys 😁

On 7/13/2022 at 11:54 PM, jani said:

Hi guys, it's fun to talk about our passion again - especially after having flown again after so long 😁

Anyway, recently took an EK flight to LHR via DXB and back. It was packed to the brim on all four legs.

LHR sector was on A380 while KUL unfortunately was on 77W, which is a nightmare in 3-4-3 Y config.

I haven't followed the industry much thanks to COVID but am back excited again, so do we know when the A380s will come back online to KUL? And will their 3rd frequency return anytime soon? Appreciate the discussion guys 😁

Emirates is now facing massive shortage of staff for both ground and in the air. Like their rivals QR and SQ, they are resorting to poaching staff now from other airlines and asking their alumni to return. They have insufficient crew for their whole 119 A380 now, based on last update in May 2022 they have returned more than half of the fleet to service, and B77W fleet has fully returned to service. Currently A380s are deployed on their most prime markets, and like what you have stated all flights are packed to their brim. Sir Tim Clark even said it was premature for Airbus to stop A380 production because only an A380 can replace an A380. LOL.

On 7/13/2022 at 11:54 PM, jani said:

You affected in any way by the current ongoing UK airports chaos ?

I am already back in KL, and everything was actually pretty smooth thankfully. Even arrival immigration took only about 30 mins and baggage was waiting for us once finished at LHR.

Speaking of lack of statf, surprised to find EK's ground operations at KUL handled by AirAsia... I mean GTR (Ground Team Red)

😁😁😁

No complaints though, well done to them 

Edited by jani

From Aeroroutes

Dubai – Kuala Lumpur
eff 01DEC22 EK346/343 3-class A380 replaces 777-300ER, 1 daily
eff 01DEC22 EK342/345 1 daily 777-300ER (nonstop terminator, replacing Dubai – Kuala Lumpur – Auckland)

Might be a huge turn on for someone who's asking for the biggest and most luxurious aircraft to KUL 😏

Seems like EK is sacrificing aircraft over crew for their KUL route (long turnaround for both flights) so crew can get their minimum rest before flying back.

Edited by Craig