MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Middle Eastern Airlines into KUL

The reason is very much political. Malaysia don't deal with a terrorist nation. :angry:

Now don't get discriminating here. Who on earth tells you Isreal is a terrorist nation?

If you're gonna name terrorist nations, just look south west, there's Indonesia. Of course we have Afghanistan & Iraq. And don't forget, there are many terrorists wannabes here in Malaysia itself. So before you say somebody else is terrorist, look at ourselves and our friends first. <_<

its not that Malaysian passports are not accepted in israel.....

the fact is that MALAYSIA does NOT recognise Israel...it recognises Palestine.

so even though Israel has been trying to have diplomatic relations with Malaysia, we are refusing.

I fully agree with Radzi that Israel is a terrorist nation.

they were terrorists to the Palestinians before Israel was formed, and they still act like terrorists to the Palestinians now.

most of u guys are just too young and naive to know what has been going on in Palestine since 1947.

its not that Malaysian passports are not accepted in israel.....

the fact is that MALAYSIA does NOT recognise Israel...it recognises Palestine.

so even though Israel has been trying to have diplomatic relations with Malaysia, we are refusing.

I fully agree with Radzi that Israel is a terrorist nation.

they were terrorists to the Palestinians before Israel was formed, and they still act like terrorists to the Palestinians now.

most of u guys are just too young and naive to know what has been going on in Palestine since 1947.

I agree with you Izanee and i saw everything since i used to surf into .....don't wanna talk about it.. :(

I think we should skip about Israel before other things happen and things going bad, shall we? just hold up until the part with no diplomatic relation, don't go any further then that :D . Besides, politics, terrorist and aviation can't go together, it's a sensitive issues nowadays.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Ok its getting out of control now people....its an aviation forum, not a political forum to share views here !!!!!

Now back to the topic, when is ETIHAD starting their services to KUL ? I heard they have begun MNL since yesterday :(

Ok its getting out of control now people....its an aviation forum, not a political forum to share views here !!!!!

Now back to the topic, when is ETIHAD starting their services to KUL ? I heard they have begun MNL since yesterday :(

yeah, i'm dying waiting for it. i would love to see Etihad in KUL. we always get EK, how about Etihad. don't they fly to BKK. maybe they will start KUL after they got 773ER or later with A380.

Azuddin

Guys...

I have an Israeli pen pal..who just so happens to be a Muslim..does that make him a terrorist? How about the Israeli's who WANT peace...are they terrorists too just because they are nationals of that country?

If you want to hate somebody..hate individuals..not entire nations.

If like that means..I can say I hate Malaysia..or I hate Afghanistan...or I hate Iraq...which is wrong. I only hate individuals from these countries...therefore this hate doesnt warrant the hatred of their entire nations.

The definition of a terrorist varies wildly....but it basically means intimidation for a political gain and/or the unconventional use of violence against civilians. Now...lets face reality....Israel cannot be branded as the sole terrorist nation in any case..i mean...the earlier definition is evident in Malaysia as well...

Now...let's leave the politics to the politicians and diplomats...and lets get back to the topic.

Definately out of control :mellow:

Btw, Eithad has got to serve KUL someday somehow because most Arabians prefer Malaysia. :)

Sorry for getting into politics. Agree, should not mix politics in our forum.

But no apology for calling some nations (at least their official policy, not the general population) what they really are. :angry:

Back to the topic. Etihad into KUL? Wonderful. Do you know that part of Etihad is run by Malaysians?

Edited by Radzi

Whoaa.. Cool if Eitihad flies KLIA, whatmore if they send in the 773 ER with the raked wingtips.. dying to see one of those.. As long as we're seeing it here in the forum from u guys diehard spotters.. be it from a canon or nikon lens.. they're just planetastic as always.. :)

Imran got a good point there.

I wish Etihad would use 773ER, that one is rare in KUL. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't JAL sometimes uses the 3ER to KUL? BTW Etihad got a nice plane, ivory finish on the fuselage make it fancy :) .

Azuddin

BTW Etihad got a nice plane, ivory finish on the fuselage make it fancy :) .

Azuddin

Agree with you here: one of the best Middle-East colours...tail colours look very impressive too :o

Agree with you here: one of the best Middle-East colours...tail colours look very impressive too :o

no wonder it got the best new airline :D . i say it is the most fancy middle eastern carrier af all.

Azuddin

Guys...

I have an Israeli pen pal..who just so happens to be a Muslim..does that make him a terrorist? How about the Israeli's who WANT peace...are they terrorists too just because they are nationals of that country?

If like that means..I can say I hate Malaysia..or I hate Afghanistan...or I hate Iraq...which is wrong. I only hate individuals from these countries...therefore this hate doesnt warrant the hatred of their entire nations.

The definition of a terrorist varies wildly....but it basically means intimidation for a political gain and/or the unconventional use of violence against civilians. Now...lets face reality....Israel cannot be branded as the sole terrorist nation in any case..i mean...the earlier definition is evident in Malaysia as well...

Now...let's leave the politics to the politicians and diplomats...and lets get back to the topic.

Well said! Now if everyone would think that way, the world would be a much better place to live in.

I hate those guys who did the Bali bombing, but doesn't mean I dislike Indonesia in a whole. I luv having vacation there. So much culture, so much history. B)

Anyways, no apologies required. But just look at ourselves first before we jump and judge people.

When I was browsing through Etihad's website a couple of months ago I noticed they were hiring quite a few Kuala Lumpur-based positions. So, signs of setting up a station here ?

We won't see their 773ER here at KUL because they will use this for US routes. May be after they receive the A380, we might see their 773 if they consider KUL at all

If the use 773ER for US route and If they consider to have KUL destination in a short period, i think we may see only the A332 or 343. let's all stick to hoping them to come to KUL, that would be good enough.

Azuddin

Guys...

Hear hear. I am a member of the Australasian Union of Jewish Students, despite being Catholic, to learn more about Jewish culture and I have lots of Jewish friends. Hence I might be biased in that regard but I have learnt the importance of not judging/stereotyping during my years in politics. I won't even mention my politics with regard to Israel to prevent a fierce political debate in a non-political forum. :p

It's a pity my Malaysian passport does not permit me entry into Israel as I would have loved to visit the single most historical place central to the Jewish, Muslim and Christian faiths. AUJS held a political training seminar there and I was going to sign up before I realised that my passport doesn't allow me to enter Israel. Oh well, I'll either have to wait till Malaysia resumes diplomatic relations with Israel or when I get my Australian passport, whichever is sooner (more likely the latter). ;)

Oh btw, El Al is reputedly the safest carrier in the world, presumably due to all the security measures it takes against terrorism. So when you board an El Al flight you can be (almost) guaranteed a hijack and bomb-free journey.

Edited by Keith T

Hard to see Malaysia resumes diplomatic relationships with Israel..............I just can't see ;)

Edited by Seth K

Hard to see Malaysia resumes diplomatic relationships with Israel..............I just can't see ;)

Haha me neither. Religion remains one of the most powerful forces shaping politics at all levels.

Haha me neither. Religion remains one of the most powerful forces shaping politics at all levels.

The way I see it, it is not about religion but about how people treat others, the double standard and all the farce about it.

Will be, as said by the Prime Minister once, once the Israelis treat the Palestinian issue justly. Remember that both have the right to exist.

Anyway, off topic again. Sorry.

Edited by Radzi

The way I see it, it is not about religion but about how people treat others, the double standard and all the farce about it.

Agree with this. If you read books about this subject which were written in the 50s and 60s, you can see that this has nothing to do with religion. So I guess, to garner more support, the fact that the palestineans happened to be muslims was played up.

And Malaysia is also not playing straight up here.... I have per chance come across some business done between Malaysia and Israeli companes (offshore)... yes, I was surprised, but when it comes to $$millions... anything goes. Don't quite expect people to suddenly have a moral issue when they are corrupt in the first place...

Anyway, I read somewhere that 30% of El AL workforce are security personnel. 60% of their budget goes to security. El Al is more expensive than other airlines, but the passengers are assured of getting everything kosher, so they don't mind paying for it. The requirements for Kosher are very strict, and from what I see, orthodox jews are a lot more fussy about it than muslims. Different utensils for meat, different ones for veg, etc.

We won't see their 773ER here at KUL because they will use this for US routes. May be after they receive the A380, we might see their 773 if they consider KUL at all

Not only US sectors but their 77W will also be operating the 2x daily BKK flights. If i'm not mistaken, they will also send their high-density 77W to MNL. Having 2 kinds of seat configuration, 1 low-dens and 1 high-dens, it's quite EK B)

If they fly to KUL one day, i think they will first bring in their 332 and i really hope they will make KUL as their mini-hub to down under B)

Etihad will come to KUL someday.......just the matter of time. I can feel that if Etihad fly to KUL, it is either via BKK or continue on to SIN or AUS if possible

Just my 2 cent worth, no more no less :rolleyes:

Seth...i know ur motivated and all...but repeating the same thing 3 times...is kinda overloading it eh... :p