MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Robert

AK5342 emergency landing

Hi guys, this is an interesting post.. Im just curious on a few more facts, anyone can theorize more?

Btw, i am in no way trying to make anyone offended.. cheerses

This is what happened from a passenger's point of view. This is the letter I sent to AirAsia

Dear Sir, Madam,

I was with my family on board AK5342 on the 17th of august from Langkawi to Singapore. The complaint I have is about the lack of information from the cockpitcrew about the things that happened during this flight. After taxi out we were standing near the runway at Langkawi for at least 20 minutes. Then the captain informed the passengers that due to airport congestion we still had to wait another 10 minutes. This was somewhat difficult to believe. We were not the only ones thinking that this was not true. Shortly after reaching cruising altitude the aircraft started to descent again with speedbrakes. All the way to low altitude, I suppose 10.000 ft. By this time I told my wife we were going to divert, the captain informed the passengers a few minutes later that due to a technical problem we had to divert to Kuala Lumpur. He mentioned nothing about what kind of failure, to me it was clear that it was a pressurization problem. Later the temperature in the cabin became hot, we heard the airconditioning surge a few times. During the further descent to the airport of KL we felt more than normal pressure on the ears, it was clear that the pressurization of the aircraft was no longer working. During taxi after landing the first officer apologized for the inconvenience of the diversion and the airconditioning problems.

Please inform me about the real problems of this flight, as the captain was not telling the whole story. We were not the only ones who had big question marks. It even crossed my mind that the cockpit crew was very busy before departure trying to solve a problem but I will not accuse anybody of something which I cannot prove. But the lack of information makes me think so. A failure or problem can happen. A diversion is inconvenient but so be it. But I like to be taken seriously as a passenger, I have a right to. For your information I know what I am talking about, I am an airline-pilot myself.

1. The only reason people complain to you is?.....a. u declare who u are b.u thought u are doing PR for AA c. u are filling the complaint form?

2. Are you familiar with WMKL? maybe your airline is a Flying school or not MAS or AA and also maybe your airline is Based in SG..

3. As "WE" is always used.. Who else might be so curious? Assuming that the explanation is given will the info be shared?

Thanks for reading :)

Something relevant here. :)

====

"We wouldn't tell you right away if there's an emergency."

The FAA leaves it up to the airline to decide if it wants to tell passengers about an engine failure or other significant crisis. And many flight crews opt to keep their lips sealed.

The reason? Flight crews don't want to scare passengers or say something they'll regret later.

"In one recent emergency, the cockpit crew was faulted for making a public announcement before some of the required procedures were accomplished," explains Kent Wien, a pilot for a U.S. carrier.

So attendants tend to err on the side of being secretive to avoid trouble.

Last June, passengers traveling from Brussels to Newark on Continental Airlines were not informed when the captain died during the flight. The plane continued along its scheduled route with nary a peep from the rest of the crew, beyond a cryptic question: "Is there a doctor on board?"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32647586/ns/travel-tips/

Hi guys, this is an interesting post.. Im just curious on a few more facts, anyone can theorize more?

Btw, i am in no way trying to make anyone offended.. cheerses

1. The only reason people complain to you is?.....a. u declare who u are b.u thought u are doing PR for AA c. u are filling the complaint form?

2. Are you familiar with WMKL? maybe your airline is a Flying school or not MAS or AA and also maybe your airline is Based in SG..

3. As "WE" is always used.. Who else might be so curious? Assuming that the explanation is given will the info be shared?

Thanks for reading :)

Kader, good luck in getting a reply. Jan's gone for good... :D