MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cheng Long

Scary flight to Perth fails twice

Why do we need to be so apologetic? Those vouchers and chocolate shows we are at least trying to say sorry that incidents do happen at times when we least expect them to happen. If it were to happen to Qantas.. my goodness.. didn't you forget how QANTAS left passengers waiting in vain at Perth Intl just fortnights ago for how many in humane hours?. They didn't even give any vouchers as far as I am concern and QANTAS don't even have a replacement aircraft for idiots sake. What matters is safety, and I personally see MAS had done what is best for the passengers.

I agree with Iggy, the important thing is everyone is still alive. there are many more incidence out there far more worst than what those passengers experience on this particular MH flight. even the best of a/c be it Airbus or Boeing or whatever can encounter this sort of problems.

I agree, but don't you think that we should also not try to tempt fate? :)

Are you saying that flying MH's A330 and 734 planes as tempting fate? How about all those pilots and cabin crew who fly on those planes everyday? As far as I know these people are very professional and won't purposely accept an aircraft they know to be unsafe. It is not just the age of the planes you know as there are many more factors that affect this situation. There are other airlines with newer shinier planes but if they keep on flying with crew with maximum hours ( sometimes even above that ), minimum training, taking unnecessary risks etc than I'd rather fly in those old and ancient A330 and 734's.

• Like 1

I agree, but don't you think that we should also not try to tempt fate? :)

Huh? So you don't get into cars and busses? You've got to live a little, dude...

• Like 1

Huh? So you don't get into cars and busses? You've got to live a little, dude...

Man : Everyone has their own interesting views!!! C'est la vie!! :D

Are you saying that flying MH's A330 and 734 planes as tempting fate? How about all those pilots and cabin crew who fly on those planes everyday? As far as I know these people are very professional and won't purposely accept an aircraft they know to be unsafe. It is not just the age of the planes you know as there are many more factors that affect this situation. There are other airlines with newer shinier planes but if they keep on flying with crew with maximum hours ( sometimes even above that ), minimum training, taking unnecessary risks etc than I'd rather fly in those old and ancient A330 and 734's.

If it makes you happy, then go ahead! I am only doing what gives me peace of mind... :)

The risks here are altogether different. But yes, I do not use inter-city buses.

If it makes you happy, then go ahead! I am only doing what gives me peace of mind... :)

The risks here are altogether different. But yes, I do not use inter-city buses.

Be careful of uncovered manholes on the pavements too. :)

Yes, they are mostly mid-1990's vintage.

All this while, I am saying try to minimise risks - they can never be totally eliminated. Brand new planes like Firely's ATR-72's can and do have problems (engine fire) once in a while.

I never heard of any incident involving MAS B734. The only one was Tanjung Kupang in Johor. That was way back then and the cause of the disaster is not mechanical. Airlines in Malaysia are some of the airlines around the world with high safety record.

All this while, I am saying try to minimise risks - they can never be totally eliminated. Brand new planes like Firely's ATR-72's can and do have problems (engine fire) once in a while.

Agree.. Not to forget brand new Air Asia's planes also.

Yes, why not, if the fares are good!

However, by the time the MH A380's arrive, I would have flown on them with other airlines already. For domestic routes, I would fly on Firefly or MASWings if it is on the ATR 72. But even then, today's Bangkok Airways crash is some food for thought. Maybe its the airport that is not safe! ;)

Do you think hyd failure and eng vibration only happens in MH 734 and A330? You gotta be kidding rite? Bangkok Airways early speculation is aeather not safe? How?

I only look at the airlines I will travel on wrt the route. Different airlines fly different routes and I will evaluate based on what is available. So there is no hard and fast rule - just happens that we are discussing the MH B734 and A333 here.

Yes, they are mostly mid-1990's vintage.

Agree.. Not to forget brand new Air Asia's planes also.

That's why airline not allowed public passenger be inside cockpit

its not good to know that aircraft that we(passenger) fly is busted with weather radar during monsoon season..(could be any airlines in the world)