MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashmil Abd Ghani

Alor Setar - Sultan Abdul Halim Airport

Thank you Tamizi an Tarmizi..hehe...

Any way Tarmizi, I believe ur kamung somewhere in middle of paddy field right??and could be somewhere in my 1st page of this thread..hehe

Adding some, to make this thread alive...

Heavily crop, soory guys, only at 55mm... :sorry:

AK daily flight, holding short at Hotel to give way for 'MAKTAB'..

akaor9mahs01.jpg

akaor9mahs02.jpg

The tower...my 2nd home...hehehe..

aortower01.jpg

Adding some more for Sunday Morning...

Traffic; the only one in the morning.

akaor1.jpg

akaor2.jpg

akaor4.jpg

...and off she goes, AOR silent again..

akaor3.jpg

Idham, evening shot from ATC side is really nice...Thanks make this thread alive...hehe..more soon please...

Maktab call-sign fleet still flying around...Was thought the fleet operation suspended after crash at UUM...

Thanks, Ashmil and Mizi, i'll keep adding up more soon.

Yes, 'MAKTAB' is still flying, not affected by the crash at UUM. I have insiders information that the 'airshow' was actually 'unauthorized'...

Idham, is the Kedah Flying Club still active? Would love to photograph their Scottish Aviation Bulldogs in June.

Perdana Two probably to Alor Setar this morning around 0815, then DPM will fly in a helicopter to Kompleks Belia & Sukan Negeri, Kangar (STA:0845).

Edited by MIR

MIR, long time didn't hear any info about the KFC, I'll check with my fren later.

And regarding the PERDANA Two, yes, he came between AK and MH...

Only four today from AOR.. :rolleyes:

img0356y.jpg

PERDANA TWO. She flares and touch down at the middle of runway, and stop almost to the end of runway.

Super smooth touch down by the pilot...tabik spring... :lol:

img0369y.jpg

MH 1208 from KUL coming in heavy this morning, can compare with AK above. Struggling to flare, maybe FO in control...

img0381r.jpg

And off AK goes, and off me too, leave before MH.

Perdana Two stays behind I think...

img0430sm.jpg

p/s: Thanks for viewing guys. And comments are most welcome. I am still new to DSLR, i do much of the editing on my PC which is not so good practice for a DSLR photographer. Most profesional photographer like you all do most of the editing on site, on the camera it self and shooting the 'edit-not-required' image quality. ;)

And regarding the PERDANA Two, yes, he came between AK and MH..

PERDANA TWO. She flares and touch down at the middle of runway, and stop almost to the end of runway.

Super smooth touch down by the pilot...tabik spring... :lol:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7878/img0369y.jpg

Later he flew in the Black Hawk (M46-02) from Alor Setar to Kangar. RMAF's Agusta AS-61(M39-01) also flew to Kangar this morning as the back-up heli.

Edited by MIR

Later he flew in the Black Hawk (M46-02) from Alor Setar to Kangar. RMAF's Agusta AS-61(M39-01) also flew to Kangar this morning as the back-up heli.

This one...hahaha...i'm not ready for it actually...

img0394u.jpg

Very nicely taken actually Mohd Idham, seems like you are used to the DslR already.., all u need maybe is some potato lesson from the Guru's here in mwings hehehe.. :good:

Mohd Idham,

You can, actually, see BOTH helicopters in your shot... :good:

Too bad about that fence, though :sorry:

Mohd Idham,

You can, actually, see BOTH helicopters in your shot... :good:

Too bad about that fence, though :sorry:

Yes, too bad, I am not ready for it...actually during that time I'm ready for AK taking off, and it would be above the fence line...

A few more from today's spotting...9M-MQN from KUL, as MH 1203.

Touch down, I miss just a split second to get the perfect smokin'...

9mmqn14apr201001.jpg

Head-on...I love this angle...and I hope y'all also do like it...hehehe...

9mmqn14apr201002.jpg

Thank you for rotating in front of me, and the controller... :yahoo:

9mmqn14apr201003.jpg

p/s: Comments are most welcome. Today I found the most optimum setting for my camera. Images only has been cropped and centered. Non has done to the color. Plus, I bought a new lense, el-cheapo Tamron 70-300mm. :)

Nice..nice.. love the frontal shot with the terminal in the background :good: Did you photographed that from Pulatibang? I'd like to suggest those shots need a lil bit of leveling. Check out the photo editing guide by Norman. :)

Pictures are improving day-by-day, Mohd !!! :good:

Keep them comin'... :pardon:

Yes, too bad, I am not ready for it...actually during that time I'm ready for AK taking off, and it would be above the fence line...

A few more from today's spotting...9M-MQN from KUL, as MH 1203.

Touch down, I miss just a split second to get the perfect smokin'...

9mmqn14apr201001.jpg

p/s: Comments are most welcome. Today I found the most optimum setting for my camera. Images only has been cropped and centered. Non has done to the color. Plus, I bought a new lense, el-cheapo Tamron 70-300mm. :)

MQN? Hahaha..i just flew with QN last sunday trip KUL-KBR and spotted him at WMKC after arrived.

Pieter, thanks to Guru and Sifu that teach me the correct way how to shoot fast moving object (aircraft), and how to setup my DSLR for such purpose...:)

Ikman, hhmm, MH really fully utilize their 'jelly fish'...

Got one more today...

aorfy14apr2010.jpg

My new el-cheapo Tamron lense really suffer Chromatic Abbretion when zooming at 300mm. Can anyone notice it? neglect the heat wave.

Edited by Mohd Idham

This one...hahaha...i'm not ready for it actually...

img0394u.jpg

DPM is going to Perlis again. He'll probably arrive AOR late afternoon on 1st August and continues his journey to Kangar in the VIP chopper.

Nice pics- Also nice to see the Dodge Truck operating at Alor Star- Is it standard in all Malaysian airport? I bet it came with the package with the fire truck.