MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia Introduces Daily Flights to Taipei

Sepang, 21st July 2009 – AirAsia, the world’s best low cost airline continues to strengthen its international connectivity by increasing its flight frequency to Taipei. The Kuala Lumpur – Taipei route, serviced by AirAsia’s low-fare long-haul affiliate AirAsia X, was launched 23rd April 2009 with only 5 weekly flights from the Kuala Lumpur hub. In fulfillment of the extra demand, the airline has decided to go daily from Kuala Lumpur to Taipei beginning 19th October 2009.

To celebrate the additional flights, AirAsia will be offering an all-in-fare from just RM129 (TWD1, 290) from Kuala Lumpur to Taipei. The daily flight to Taipei opens for sale for the booking period from 23rd to 31st July 2009, for the travel period from 19th October 2009 to 10th January 2010. Promotional seats are limited and available on first-come, first-served basis and are on offer exclusively online via www.airasia.com and mobile.airasia.com.

Azran Osman Rani, Chief Executive Officer of AirAsia X said: “The response has been incredible ever since the opening of the Kuala Lumpur – Taipei route. We are running at more than 75 percent load factor. This latest route edition also marked a breaking sales record with more than 20,000 seats sold within the first 12 hours of its sales announcement in April and forward bookings were exceptionally strong allowing us to now increase our current frequency from 5 times weekly to daily.”

Kathleen Tan, Regional Head of Commercial, AirAsia said: “The demand for the existing route made it very clear for the need to introduce additional flights. The increase in frequency is a testament to the airline’s commitment of making travel accessible and affordable to all. The commencement of the daily flight will also provide both business and leisure travelers with more flexibility and greater choice to connect onto AirAsia and AirAsia X’s extensive route network via its hub in Kuala Lumpur to get across Asia, Australia, and Europe.”

“With excellent air connectivity and frequency between Taipei and Kuala Lumpur, mutual economic benefits can be expected as AirAsia’s low fares and innovative services will definitely stimulate more travel both inbound and outbound from these two destinations” added Kathleen.

AirAsia through its holiday division GoHoliday, is also offering guests Free Room stay* when they book with our partner hotels in Kuala Lumpur such as Hotel Renaissance Kuala Lumpur, Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur, One World Hotel Petaling Jaya, Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Tune Hotels and many others. Guests are also showered with “Best Online Rates in Taipei” from 5 star hotels from as low as RM383/night to 3 star hotels from as low as RM212/night. This promotion which is valid via goholiday.airasia.com is available on first come, first served basis. On the other hand, Citibank AirAsia Credit Cardholders will enjoy 24 hours priority booking (from 22nd July 2009) ahead of the general public for this promotion.

The Kuala Lumpur - Taipei route is serviced by our Airbus A330- 300, which holds 383 economy seats including 28 Premium seats which have an impressive 60-inch seat pitch. For more details on flight times and bookings, please visit www.airasia.com or mobile.airasia.com.

Stay tuned! Follow AirAsia on Twitter, Facebook, and AirAsia Blog where we will provide real time updates on our latest promotion.

* All fares quoted are applicable for one-way travel only.

Source: http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/pressRelease.jsp?id=9c5ac576-7f000010-12834000-188b7511

I can't say I am tempted until they change those horrible 3-3-3 seats. However, for shorter flights like this one to TPE, it may still be bearable. But I do feel the A322's seats are better, even though the pitch is only 29" compared to the A333's 31" pitch.

But MAS are downgrading the aircraft from thrice weekly 744 to 772 on the route and twice weekly 738 is being maintained on this route

Edited by Cheng Kit

I can't say I am tempted until they change those horrible 3-3-3 seats. However, for shorter flights like this one to TPE, it may still be bearable. But I do feel the A322's seats are better, even though the pitch is only 29" compared to the A333's 31" pitch.

Believe the seat width of 18” on D7 A333 is comparable with many legacy airlines. Believe what make it unbearable is the limited seat recline and much smaller gap between two seats (arm rest inside seat width).

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Nice one! Jom Taiwan! :p

Spotting not so convenient in Taiwan is it? I thought I heard the authorities are quite sensitive about this.

Believe the seat width of 18” on D7 A333 is comparable with many legacy airlines. Believe what make it unbearable is the limited seat recline and much smaller gap between two seats (arm rest inside seat width).

:drinks:

I think that the seats are badly designed - it is not just the dimensions but how much of that is used. It gives a claustophobic impression even at those dimensions. And yes, the sliding virtual mechanism is not really much help. That is why they are planning to replace it with the A322 type seats but maintain the seat pitch at 31".

At this price, I think CI and EVA should just give-up its TPE-KUL or TPE/PEN routes or CX's TPE-HKG-KUL/PEN...how would they be able to compete at such super-low price. Its even cheaper than high-speed rail from north to south!!!

Spotting not so convenient in Taiwan is it? I thought I heard the authorities are quite sensitive about this.

Spotting is ok if it is a 100% civilian airport. Airports such as Hualien and Taitung co-share rwy with ROC Air Force, so photography are prohibited.

However, to do spotting next to one of RCTP rwy or KHH - you need to rent a scooter/motorbike and baseball bat...because you'll be going into farmers' vegetable farms where there are dogs. The other RCTP rwy is even more difficult because there's a military base next door.

I would say Okinawa and Naha is a better spotting location with lots of variety a/c (civil, JASDF, USMC, USN, USAF).

I think competition is good - so current airlines should never concede a walkover. Besides there are a lot of people who would never fly AirAsia X. So there are still customers to be had. :)

I think competition is good - so current airlines should never concede a walkover. Besides there are a lot of people who would never fly AirAsia X. So there are still customers to be had. :)

Checked the return air ticket of China Airlines depart from KUL to TPE and the best offer is RM777, D7's is RM723 and EVA is RM1103.

Date: 12/10/09

21/10/09

Edited by Li Ren

Checked the return air ticket of China Airlines depart from KUL to TPE and the best offer is RM777, D7's is RM723 and EVA is RM1103.

21/10/09

So if you take almost everything into account (i.e. seat pitch, IFE, free seat choice etc.) CI would be cheaper?

Sometimes I wonder if it's because other airlines are getting cheaper, or AK/D7 getting more expensive.

Edited by Waiping

So if you take almost everything into account (i.e. seat pitch, IFE, free seat choice etc.) CI would be cheaper?

Nope, D7 would still be cheapest - figures are there and fact is fact

It's the intangibles you choose to take into account that will affect your perceived 'value for money' :)

21/10/09

The best offer i get from CI is only RM677/pax, tax and surcharge included. I have raised this issue in the past. About AK being more expensive than SQ for a return ticket between KUL/HKG.

Nope, D7 would still be cheapest - figures are there and fact is fact

Not quite, BC. See below :

China Airlines

PAX : 3

Air Fare : RM2031 (RM677/pax)

Leaving : 4/11/09

Return : 10/11/09

A/C : 333

IFE : Complimentary

Luggage : 20KG allowance for Y

Meal/drinks : Complimentary

Air Asia X

PAX : 3

Air Fare : RM2214 (RM738/pax)

Leaving : 4/11/09

Return : 10/11/09

A/C : 333

IFE : **For a fee

Luggage : **For a fee

Meal/drinks : **For a fee

**Please note that for the D7 air fare i did not op for any add-ons. The fare quoted for D7 is strictly for the air ticket only. The air fare for D7 would be in the region of RM800+-/pax if you want to include IFE, luggage, meal and drinks compared to CI's RM677/pax.

Edited by Isaac

When you choose to fly AirAsia the ticket chooses you rather than you choose the ticket. So you need to book well in advance - you will not get any more cheap tickets for 2009 travel dates now because most of their cheap tickets have been sold. When I fly AK or D7, I usually plan my trips at least 9 months in advance. So at last week's 3m ticket sale, I managed to book TPE return for RM 320, travelling in May next year. I am prepared to tolerate a 5 hour flight on D7 at that kind of price. If it was RM 700, I'd rather use a full service carrier.

Not to mention D7 also offers free backache after the flight. :p

Isaac,why I can't get RM677/pax from KUL to TPE for the same leaving and return date??

Most probably sold out. You should try other dates. That is what I usually do when booking AK or D7. Search for a good fare and not worry about the dates!

Not to mention D7 also offers free backache after the flight. :p

:good: :lol:

Isaac,why I can't get RM677/pax from KUL to TPE for the same leaving and return date??

Most likely sold out. I got the air fare 2 days before. Still got plenty then and available on many different dates. Wanted to do a comparison and post it up in my blog but do not have the time to do it. I do have a saved screenshot of the "total air fare" page though :)

capture12.jpg

Sign in to follow this