MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cornelis Boersma

Spotting at Letiště Praha Ruzyně

A few weeks ago I spend a weekend around Prague Ruzyne Airport. I didnt visited the city, but if you are planning to go to Prague in the neat future, please do visit the city, as it is one of worlds most beautiful cities!

On Saturdaymorning while waiting for boarding I had the last change to photograph a Martinair B744. These bird were ferried to the warm dessert in The States just a few days later.

PRG004.jpg

We flew on KLMs Embraer 190 PH-EZC, Uncle Pieter scheduled Zulu Charlie for us

PRG020.jpg

Soon after takeoff from RWY 24 I had a change to make some shots of Schiphol Airport. It aren't my best shots of Amsterdam, but they still are cool. On picture 1 you can see the Polderbaan, the runway on the left upperside, long way to taxi!! The runway below is rwy 24, where we took of from

PRG022.jpg

PRG024.jpg

PRG025.jpg

We arrived at PRG and parked on a remotestand next to a Air Moldova EMB120 Brasilia. Here the crew :pardon: Ah mois?

PRG043.jpg

After getting in Czech Republic we went to the spottingplace directly. Not a realy spottingplace but a parkinglot of Menzies

PRG047.jpg

Prague is an airport with quite some East-European carriers and Russian airlines (as well as old USSR state carriers)

PRG051.jpg

PRG063.jpg

PRG083.jpg

Then when A310 had to depart for JFK rain started to fall, however, I am really happy with these A310 shots!!

Its always a challange to get the best quality pictures with bad weather, and I may say, I am very happy with those 2!

PRG195.jpg

PRG209.jpg

After A310s departure we didnt had rain anymore. We went for lunch and made a few pictures around the airport. Here to share the Czech Airways HQ. Behind is the HQ of Travel Service, the Czech Charter Airline.

PRG380.jpg

Later that afternoon we went to the other side of the runway to get pictures with the best light-conditions

PRG447.jpg

Here the ATR apron

PRG389.jpg

PRG419.jpg

PRG432.jpg

And here the SkyTeam AT4 in perfect light conditions :yahoo:

PRG442.jpg

Here one of the only heavies to fly to Prague

PRG496.jpg

And one of the last shots from the day, taken from hotel. The hotel had full runway view :yahoo:

PRG537.jpg

Then we saw a Dash8 of Malev, we decided to get back to the airport to get a good shot of this SAS/Malev hybrid!

PRG572.jpg

Day 2: Early wake-up, A310 from JFK arriving at 6 AM

PRG609.jpg

And here with better light during taxi to stand

PRG621.jpg

Lufthansa, die Maus

PRH016.jpg

This was the 1st B738 for MAS ever, Ive spotted this one, as well as sistership OK-TVD in MAS clrs in KUL in December 2005, here in O2 colors

PRG664.jpg

PRG762.jpg

PRG775.jpg

Another heavy

PRH035.jpg

Ural Airlines from the center of Russia

PRH045.jpg

Waiting for flight back to AMS this Czech ah mois came toward passengers to get them enrolled in CSA frequent flyer programme :pardon:

PRH096.jpg

And last 2 close-ups of an ATR72

PRH085.jpg

PRH087.jpg

Cool!!!

How far is it (Parking lot of Menzies) from the main terminal building? walking distance?

Nice photos from Praha,CeeBee! :clapping:

About the ATR 72 photos,Who is the operator of the aircraft?

Honestly,i really like the photo of Skyteam ATR 42 & Malev Dash 8 in SAS/Malev hybrid colors!

Cool!!!

How far is it (Parking lot of Menzies) from the main terminal building? walking distance?

It's just a 5 minute walk down there, so really close!

Nice photos from Praha,CeeBee! :clapping:

About the ATR 72 photos,Who is the operator of the aircraft?

Honestly,i really like the photo of Skyteam ATR 42 & Malev Dash 8 in SAS/Malev hybrid colors!

Thx :) The operator of the ATR on the picture is Czech Airlines (CSA)

Great pix you have there, Cornelis :drinks: :good:

Thx Li Ren :D

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

Great shots CeeBee !!!

Was in Praha-Ruzyne myself in 2005 for a day of spotting and enjoyed every minute of it: great 'little' airport...

Good you nailed the A310's: CSA will withdraw them soon from the longhaul services...

Czech ah-mois are hands-up...

Great shots CeeBee !!!

Was in Praha-Ruzyne myself in 2005 for a day of spotting and enjoyed every minute of it: great 'little' airport...

Good you nailed the A310's: CSA will withdraw them soon from the longhaul services...

Czech ah-mois are hands-up...

Its strange with CSA A310! Last year they had OK-WAA (old colors and GE power) in use and OK-YAC (new colors and PW power). In May or June this year OK-WAA got stored at PRG (inside hangar probably a check first?) and OK-YAD (back from Air India lease and repainted in NC and PW power as well) entered service again at CSA in april this year.

Will the A310s will be replaced by other aircraft? Or will all pax be put on flights of KLM (with a stop in AMS), AFR (stop in CDG) or DELTA (nonstop to JFK daily from PRG)? And what about the flights to YYZ and Caribbean Area/Mexico/Cuba?

It's just a 5 minute walk down there, so really close!

Thanks for the info bro...I'll google-earth it later tonight...

at least now i know where to kill my time before my flight from Prague this September :p

The new CSA livery looks nice on A310 and ATR 42 :clapping:

Thanks for the info,CeeBee;however i think I'm a bit confused about the last 2 close up of the ATR 72;is that ATR flown by Air Dolomiti? :pardon:

Will the A310s will be replaced by other aircraft? Or will all pax be put on flights of KLM (with a stop in AMS), AFR (stop in CDG) or DELTA (nonstop to JFK daily from PRG)? And what about the flights to YYZ and Caribbean Area/Mexico/Cuba?

Given the bad financial state of CSA, I doubt if A330's will replace the 310's :(

I believe, most NYC traffic will be rebooked onto the DL flight, while the Canada and Florida traffic will go via CDG and AMS...

Hmm,too bad that CSA Ceske Aerolinie (Correct me if the spelling is wrong) is under financial problem :( Their new livery will look nice on the A330s :rolleyes: