MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jysim

MAStar

I was seiving through some 2000 to 2002 issues of Businessweek and I found several very interesting airline ads. CX was then trying to promote its internet booking and ticketing facility while MAS was coming up with MAStar - a MAS division for private charters using a 737-700. Sorry for not taking a picture but the description included a private suite onboard, a meeting room equipped with all business compatible equipment and a bathroom if I can remember.

Anyone with more information on this? And the reason it no longer exists?

I've got a pic of 9M-BBJ I think one of Mastar planes

It was the only plane as far as I can remember/know !

Would love to know the real inside story on why MH was splurging on the BBJ during the Asian economic crisis?

Maybe / hopefully RPK would be able to shed some light on this, since certain people in MAS is unwilling / unable to tell due to the 'code of silence' in that organization

If HP’s obliviate charm hasn’t got to me; When the 9M-BJJ was delivered, the country economy was still in crisis, the gomen didn’t want to be seen to spend on luxurious and instructed to MH to take the delivery instead. TR set up Mastar to justify the BBJ; although BBJ did chartered out to third parties but was mostly used by the King. In 2003, 9M-BBJ was quietly returned to the rightful owner RMAF to become M53-01.

:drinks:

Sign in to follow this