MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cheng Kit

MAS 747-400 Withdrawal thread

Next time, just copy/paste the link to the thread reply where the photo's are located.

He deserves due credit for the photos.

It will be wise too to seek TK's permission prior to the cut & paste.

Even after permission is granted, you should also quote TK's name and stating that permission was granted by the original photographer.

Otherwise, it looks like you were the photographer of these material.

Imran's suggestion is a good one too.

Edited by S V Choong

But would those 2 planes be gone from MAS forever or a short term lease to Al Wafeer Air?

Heard that it will be 3 years lease.

It will be wise too to seek TK's permission prior to the cut & paste.

Even after permission is granted, you should also quote TK's name and stating that permission was granted by the original photographer.

Otherwise, it looks like you were the photographer of these material.

Imran's suggestion is a good one too.

Agree 1000%

We have some fantastic coverage here in MalaysianWings and if the images are simply copied all over the place, photographers will think twice about sharing their pix here.

We are not sure that the 747-8i will even be a commercial success as we only have one airline customer committed to it currently. But MH may still be considering it since they have not made any wide body ordering decision as yet.

We are not sure that the 747-8i will even be a commercial success as we only have one airline customer committed to it currently. But MH may still be considering it since they have not made any wide body ordering decision as yet.

Already having the A380 on order book, delivery of which has been delayed numerous times (consequential and by choice), and for which it is generally believed that the bird will prove way too huge for MH's needs - ordering the 747-8i now will for sure earn MH even more colourful names, to add to its considerable collection :)

Well we know that MH can make some strange decisions

Ah yes, thanks for reminder !

Heard the 9M-MPI & 9M-MPJ is with Al Wafeer Air

Doc Naim,

Could this be purpose of your trip to the kingdom earlier - long shot guess :)

Now 9M-MPD is gone to Al Wafeer air as HZ-AWA3. Was last seen at Subang Airport doing testing.

Don't know when will they completely retire their 747 fleet?

Edited by Cheng Kit

744 will be replaced by A380's. The other WB's at this moment will most likely be replaced by A350's. Though maybe Boeing haven't made their pitch yet (that we know about anyway).

Malaysia Airlines will set to Retire Boeing 747-400 Aircraft on 24 November 2012

last flight operates MH004/001 Kuala Lumpur – London Heathrow on 24NOV12, followed by Kuala Lumpur – Sydney MH123/122.

Sydney gets upgrade to A380 while morning London flight will be downgraded to 777

Edited by Cheng Kit

Wonder if they will throw a farewell party for the fleet like what SQ did :)

Time really moving on, can still remember the buzz when first order for the 744 combi's was revealed, now it's being put out to pasture

Edited by BC Tam

Well a quick check revealed that you can still travel on the last flight to Sydney, same price as D7.

Tam-sang & Waiping, do you remember back in 1985-ish (or was it 1989-ish?) (I presume both of you were 'aware of things' then :p), the first B747-200 flight to BKI (chartered by BP from Sydney), multitudes of people were surrounding the runway perimeter, the viewing gallery.... that was an exciting event. Do you remember the dates?

Tam-sang & Waiping, do you remember back in 1985-ish (or was it 1989-ish?) (I presume both of you were 'aware of things' then :p), the first B747-200 flight to BKI (chartered by BP from Sydney), multitudes of people were surrounding the runway perimeter, the viewing gallery.... that was an exciting event. Do you remember the dates?

Sorry I was still in Tawau. We had F-27 then I think. :p

Sorry I was in the UK then and we didn't have MW back in those days (didn't have access to www either, period :))

Edited by BC Tam

Any photos taken, Andi?

Similarly we had a Boeing ble and white livery B757-200 demonstrator at Tawau in 1983, I think it was. We had a huge turn out. Did you remember this Wai Ping?

Have any of you taken a 744 from KUL to BKI before? I have only been on one flight in 2001 and it was a last min. equipment change.

Any photos taken, Andi?

Similarly we had a Boeing ble and white livery B757-200 demonstrator at Tawau in 1983, I think it was. We had a huge turn out. Did you remember this Wai Ping?

Have any of you taken a 744 from KUL to BKI before? I have only been on one flight in 2001 and it was a last min. equipment change.

Sorry bro, can't remember the 757 either. Anyway, my only experience of taking a B747 was 1996/97 during CNY BKI - KUL. It was an equipment upgrade.

And what will happen to the B744 pilots? Are they moving to the A380s, A330s and B772s?

It looks like those who are flying the B744Fs will be a rare breed once the B744s are retired.

jumbo's wil plrobably be sold n 744 pilots? worry not mate, pilots wit that many hours wil get jobs easily around the globe.if they are "locals" then probably transfered to 388 as per the crew on the first flight to LHR.