MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

Tony Fernandes

On emirates. This plane came from melbourne. So malaysian carriers compete with them as they pick up malaysians and go to melbourne. That's life and globisation. And they're starting sydney.

EK is starting KUL-SYD?

And a sign of the end of the tunnel for D7's years long waiting to enter SYD.

Bear in mind it could be just a misinformation from Uncle Tony, but I doubt he does not know EK is flying to SYD if the last sentence is actually referring to EK's DXB-SYD flights.

Power disruption in KLIA this morning!

Malaysia Airlines Travel

Malaysia Airlines wishes to inform that the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) suffered a total blackout early this morning. Although it was restored, within a short period of time, it had resulted in several flight delays.

Tony Fernandes

I always felt it should have been earlier in singapore. But better later than never. People want choice. An open and transparent societies. Even in the corporate world

about an hour

AirAsia Singapore? Open skies? Or a late comment about the election result in Singapore? I can't figure it out.

AirAsia Singapore? Open skies? Or a late comment about the election result in Singapore? I can't figure it out.

The optimistic in me is hoping for AirAsia Singapore to materialise, now that they "are recruiting Flight Attendants for AirAsia Singapore!":

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/airasiasingapore/up-coming-airasia-singapore-flight-attendant-interview/225605934122478

Unless of course, these new crews are just meant to supplement their current flights in Changi...

The 10 sen Sale!

When we say 10 CENT low fare – we mean it! There will be NO fuel surcharge for ALL the 10 CENT destinations!

Fly from 6 Feb 2012 – 20 June 2012.

Bali, Gold Coast and Phuket - which is your pick for sun, sea and surf? Or would you rather discover the hidden gems in Colombo, Makassar and Tawau?

Gather your family & friends to plan for your next getaway! Stay tuned on 23 May 2011, 12 p.m. (GMT+8 ). Mark Your Calendar!

Read our Bargain Hunter (Booking 101) : http://on.fb.me/mStTg9 & sign-up as AirAsia Member now @ www.airasia.com

Will bet my 10 cent and Im going North...keke... Thanks MAR for the detail info...

FlyFM also doing promo on AK and I believe it will going next week I guest, just say it correctly "Fabulous Fly-Day Every Friday"!!!

All this week, listen to the Pagi Show as they will reveal the "Destination of the Day" and also the password (HINT: AirAsia Fabulous Fly Day).

If you missed out on the destination and password (HINT AGAIN: AirAsia Fabulous Fly Day), don't fret, it'll be mentioned through out Hunny Madu's segment.

During Rush Hour, listen for the cue to call, give the right daily destination and password.

After successfully doing the above, you need to repeat the phrase "Fabulous Fly Day every Friday" on-air for 5 times in 8 seconds clearly & without hesitation, to win yourself a FULLY PAID HOLIDAY PACKAGE (to the destination of the day)

In the event of no winner on that day, the prize will be snowballed to the next day, which means if you get everything in order and right the day after, you win (at least) two packages and so on.

Detail here : http://www.flyfm.com.my/fabulousflyday/

The earth shattering impact of AK's 10 sen sales!

Tony Fernandes

We just broke a world record. 650 thousand flights sold in 24 hrs.

about an hour ago via Mobile Web

This is in spite of the lousy Navitaire system that could not cope with all the transactions!

This is in spite of the lousy Navitaire system that could not cope with all the transactions!

Yup, all I got was that red screen with invitation to try again :D

I guess it wasn't to be :pardon:

TF Tweet:

Media don't understand pur profits very good. Operating income up 46 percent. Net income down 23 percent because ringitt was strong this time last year. Only paper. Profit was 220 million ringitt at operating level. 171 at net. Great results for airasia. Aanalysts got it.

AirAsia X CEO, Azran Tweeting on SIA long haul LCC:

SIA wants to copy our low-cost long-haul model. Validates this pioneering business model. Proud that Malaysia leads this innovation.

SQ's statement proves we're creating new markets and this is a large untapped high-potential segment. MAS' protectionist arguments nullified

He also posted this on FB:

Azran Osman-Rani

SIA wants to copy us and start a low-cost long-haul airline just like AirAsia X. Great that it validates our pioneering vision and great that Malaysia's leading this innovation over Singapore. Let's help them come up with a name for their airline. Most creative entries wins a free flight - on the original X!

2 hours ago via Mobile Web

Submit your entries guys, a free flight might be yours.

Update on Azran's contest of naming SQ's new LCC:

Azran Osman-Rani

Thanks for all the entries on twitter and FB for a name for Singapore's new me-too airline. A lot of entries playing on the theme of 'SIA X' and Kiasu... Leading entry now from @devonbarton 'FlyOrchard'. Japan's ANA just announced their new LCC name: 'Peach'. S'pore, being S'porean will want to one-up them with the whole... ;-). IF u think u have a more creative name, let's hear it. Entries close this weekend.

3 hours ago

My entry does not win. :/

I think something happened on 9M-TAG today on its flight RDN-KUL. From a friend's FB status:

OMG-!! MY PLANE ALMOST CRASH-!!

Dalam kapal terbang..on the way dari redang ke kl..as we going thru the turbulance..tibe2 kapal terbang menjunam..one stewardess was actually hurt..hit the cabin ceiling..she was thrown..so later afterwards i heard the stewardess told one of the passenger..the auto pilot system suddenly shut down..but luckily the pilot manage to control the plane..phewwwww-!!!

3 hours ago

I think something happened on 9M-TAG today on its flight RDN-KUL. From a friend's FB status:

Berjaya Air? That was a real scary plane...

And I think he meant SBZ, not KUL. Redang's IATA Code is RDN?

Hmmmm more importantly, what is he doing switching his phone on to update FB inflight?

Hmmmm more importantly, what is he doing switching his phone on to update FB inflight?

I think it's more like after the flight has landed...

I think it's more like after the flight has landed...

Yup, it's a narration of the past. Anyway a captain once told me he flew his plane from KL to Penang, and while landing in Penang, his phone beeped. He forgot to switch it off. :)

Edited by Naim

Yup, it's a narration of the past. Anyway a captain once told me he flew his plane from KL to Penang, and while landing in Penang, his phone beeped. He forgot to switch it off. :)

It actually happened to me once when I travelled from KUL - KCH. I've forgotten to switch off my phone too.