MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

Some descriptions:

- Wing is still steel but looks fabricy

- Neck tie so stylo

- The colour is platinum

- Corrosion resistance

Hopefully my spies will be able to secure a picture for the forum.

Some other headlines Facebook statuses today:

QZ's CEO finally open up a Facebook account.

Tony Fernandes

Good to see Pak Captain Dharmadi on the web. Our last CEO onto the web. Now there is Azran, Tassapon and myself.

And some snippets of the Q1 2011 performance.

Tony Fernandes

Great day on ancilliary income for airasia. Major announcement March 29th. Just looked at latest forecasts. We are looking good for the quarter. No need for fuel surcharge. Putting people first. That's airasia.

There's also some status about Darren Choy and Daphne Iking but who cares LOL.

Ok, I have it. Special thanks to the spy from the AK Gossip Division who leaked this to us. You know who you are. *wink*

AKNewUniform.jpg

"The new AirAsia pilot’s uniform has been re-designed with platinum coloured epaulettes (bars), newly designed wings also in platinum (for the shirts and pilot’s caps, embroideries are all hand-made in Pakistan), new light-weight pilot’s cap that is suitable for our tropical climate with platinum colour hand-woven embroidery of Oryza sativa or commonly known as Asian rice plant at the peak or band of every pilot’s cap as this symbolizes the main staple food of ASEAN, the home of AirAsia."

So now the big question is, does this platinum colour applies to the cabin crew as well? This is because another spy mentioned "The work place is no more being painted red from today onwards. The colour is platinum."

So now the big question is, does this platinum colour applies to the cabin crew as well? This is because another spy mentioned "The work place is no more being painted red from today onwards. The colour is platinum."

Change of corporate colour? for feng shui, astrology?

Have always admired AK's creativity in what they do, be it business decisions, marketing or even their aircraft livery. But this time, I am not in favor of this change, and so is the sentiment of some of my friends in AK who are pilots too

New livery for our spotters to catch:

196008_1909262337637_1424191191_2179137_7295148_n.jpg

HS-ABJoe is being transformed to HS-ABCarabao

Photo is stolen from the Facebook wall of Mr. Tassapon Bijleveld, CEO of Thai AirAsia.

On Sunday 20th March 2011, @weekasiongmp said:

Alamak, delay again! When the aircraft was abt to take off, the Capt announced tt due to the air-cond problem, the plane must return to its base for technical examination. Don't know how long will it take!! Prog in Jitra delay for at least an hour. RT @DavidYau19: @weekasiongmp Firefly nowadays always delay. Not like beginning! Take it only becoz of Subang Airport. Very badly managed now!

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9cdqce

Tony Fernandes

Today is a major announcement for airasia. Huge huge step forward for ancilliary income. Will revolutionize our bottom line

YIKES!

Uncle Tony's latest FA recruitment drive! But only for Indian nationals. And no saris allowed LOL.

270004675.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1301942498&Signature=iD0xW3ndeH124Bs%2BdObZY3a2s5o%3D

I think this is the first time a recruitment is done at a non AirAsia hub countries. Or is Uncle Tony planning India AirAsia?

And check out AK's latest TVC featuring US President, Barack Obama!

MAR, they have already recruited crew from all over ASIA. And there's already one batch of Indian FAs serving the AK fleet. And yes, I happen to know Barack Obama :rofl:

from Tengku Azmil's Tweeter page. Posted an hour ago.

@tengkuazmil

Tengku Azmil

V r having a joyride on r brand new A330 on 14 Apr morn. I hv 10 places 4 my twttr followers on 1st come 1st serve. Tweet me if interested

Your worst nightmare might just come back again.

@tonyfernandes Going through the numbets at airasia. Looking good. But may have to put in a fuel surcharge soon. We have done well. Almost 3 years without one.

Your worst nightmare might just come back again.

@tonyfernandes Going through the numbets at airasia. Looking good. But may have to put in a fuel surcharge soon. We have done well. Almost 3 years without one.

Aiyoh... How soon is soon? Still haven't book my flights for Nov holiday.

AirAsia X CEO Azran Osman Rani tweets:

According to Incheon Airport, AirAsia X tops 51 airlines for on-time performance in Q1-2011 ex-Seoul with 98.9%. Well done, team!

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but....apparently Tengku Azmil and Tony are in the same boat (I mean real boat). Got photos of them in Twitter. One photo of Tengku Azmil is taken by Tony, and his is taken by the MH CEO. :)

Oh, by now Tengku Azmil said he is not in the same boat as Tony :).

Edited by Alif A. F.

quite nice to see a friendly online banter between the two. Exactly how CEOs should behave, like gentlemen. Unlike some other enfant terrible i know, who is too emotional and has no class.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but....apparently Tengku Azmil and Tony are in the same boat (I mean real boat). Got photos of them in Twitter. One photo of Tengku Azmil is taken by Tony, and his is taken by the MH CEO. :)

Oh, by now Tengku Azmil said he is not in the same boat as Tony :).

Conspire for fare increase?