MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

From Facebook:

AirAsia is proud to present our new routes from our latest hub introduction, Phuket to destinations both domestic such as Chiangmai and international, comprising exciting destinations such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, and Medan.

Edited by flee

Just a heads up to those who are into airlines' contest, pay attention to the FB page of the airlines as AirAsia is running 2 contests simultaneously (which offer prizes of a return flight to Abu Dhabi, UAE and Auckland, New Zealand respectively), while Malaysia Airlines Travel is running their i-Spy contest with the top prize being a return flight to London - all these via their Facebook pages.

Good luck!

It was back in September when I launched a competition on my personal Twitter and Facebook page. Simply tell me where and what route you would like AirAsia to fly to and you win free flights for a year. The response was overwhelming.

I know it’s been a long time coming and most of you are probably wondering when the winner of the competition will be announced if at all. Today, I’m going to announce a date. 8 December 2009 to be exact. On that Tuesday, I’m going to call some of my media friends to come along as I unveil the winners to the world. Have been tinkering with technology a bit lately and we’re going to try to experiment with Cover It Live at the event itself. So mark your calendars as I unveil the winners of the first competition on Facebook and Twitter to a year of free flights.

All I’m going to say is that one of the winners chose an Asian destination that we’ve been eyeing for a while now. Will see you on 8 December 2009. It’s all happening live. Let the drums roll.

Good luck to M'Wingers who took part in this competition :drinks:

A 20% discount just for AirAsia Facebook fans!

AirAsia

December 15 at 7:11pm Report

A big THANK YOU to all our fans for making us into who we are today. We're slashing our fares by 20% exclusively for ALL AirAsia Facebook Fans when you book from 16 - 20 Dec 2009 & travel between 5 Jan - 4 Feb 2010!

All you need to do is click on this link, which is exclusively for our Facebook Fans only:

http://bit.ly/4J1UJ2

Take your pick from the extensive network that we have. Fly to Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand & all your other favourite destinations with a whopping 20% off your fares :)

Oh, and the latest and hottest route, Kota Kinabalu (BKI) - Taipei (TPE) is in the list too...

Now go ahead, spread the word, Be an AirAsia FB Fan & fly, fly, fly!

Booking Period: 16 - 20 Dec 2009

Travel Period: 5 Jan - 4 Feb 2010

Any idea who the winner is? Was it announced on FB? I was away at that time....

I have no idea.No updates on TF's blog too

coming soon, Vietnam AirAsia.

Vina AirAsia revived? Or this is with a totally new partner? Way to go AirAsia! Conquer the world. Let's ganyang Jetstar Pacific and VN LOL.

Vina AirAsia revived? Or this is with a totally new partner? Way to go AirAsia! Conquer the world. Let's ganyang Jetstar Pacific and VN LOL.

Lets ganyang and lanyak both of them also...haha...:lol:

On another story not related to topic,

If you read newspaper report either today or yesterday, in sport section, Sir Richard Branson throw a challenge to DTF..If 1Malaysia F1 team loss to Virgin Racing Team in 2010 F1 race, DTF need to wear stewardess uniform...haha...can't imagine how he look :rofl: ..

Uncle Tony said he's already have Sir Richard's poster printed in AirAsia's stewardess uniform. Maybe someone can share it?

At the moment, we'll just imagine this uncle...

sir-richard-branson.jpg

... wearing this...

3057355023_116d472689_b.jpg

and this uncle...

Tony%20Fernandes%20Man%20U%20shirt.jpg

... wearing this.

virgin-cabin-crew.jpg

(*All pictures are stolen from the internet)

Seriously I couldn't decide who'll look better in those tight mini skirts LOL! It is a very nice and daring bet for the 2010 F1 season. Team 1Malaysia is going to make so many 'world grabbing' headlines. This is just a start.

Something related to this piece of news perhaps ? Just my hunch. *Shrugs*

From The Australian:

Budget carriers unite to cut costs

Steve Creedy, Aviation writer From: The Australian December 18, 2009 12:00AM

JETSTAR and AirAsia are about to announce an operational joint venture that could save hundreds of millions of dollars by enabling them to jointly buy aircraft, parts and other goods.

The two airlines would still compete for passengers and the deal does not involve equity.

It aims to cut costs through economies of scale.

A Qantas Group spokesman confirmed yesterday that the two airlines were talking but declined to comment further.

It is understood the region's two biggest low-cost carriers have been talking for some time and are working out final details of the deal.

Areas expected to be included in the agreement are procurement and ground handling, with costs savings in the order of 5-10 per cent.

Kuala Lumpur-based AirAsia is the Asia-Pacific region's biggest low-cost carrier.

It is headed by flamboyant entrepreneur and former musician Tony Fernandez.

At the end of last month it had a fleet of 64 180-seat Airbus A320 aircraft and 18 Boeing 737s.

It operates more than 400 flights daily to domestic and international destinations and has offshoots in Thailand and Indonesia as well as a stake in long-haul carrier AirAsiaX, which serves Australia.

Airlines flying under the Jetstar brand operate 46 A320 and and A321 aircraft.

Combining procurement for the two fleets will give the carriers more clout to cut deals with suppliers.

The two airlines also plan to share ground handlers in ports where one partner faces higher costs because it does not have enough flights.

They are considering pooling parts, giving them wider coverage at lower cost.

The deal is understood to minimise the need for regulatory approval but that might be unavoidable in some areas.

Engineering work will still be done separately and the agreement will not include heavily regulated areas such as training and standards.

In the longer term, the airlines hope to join forces on aircraft purchases. They are hoping the size of their combined fleet will give them enough sway to influence the design of the next generation of narrow-body jets when they are offered.

The Australian low-cost carrier has been expanding in Southeast Asia as part of a pan-Asian strategy that includes stakes in Jetstar-branded airlines in Singapore and Vietnam.

Jetstar chief executive Bruce Buchanan reaffirmed the airline's Asia focus last week as Singapore-based Jetstar Asia began services to mainland China.

The move is expected to be a blow to Singapore-based Tiger Aviation.

i'm sorry, the name will be VietJet AirAsia. yes, it's a partnership as announced in the article above.

Hybrid between Jetstar and AirAsia huh ?

VietJet is 100% Vietnamese private airlinecompany, competing against Jetstar Pacific and others locally. Unlss Vietjet and Jetstar Pacific merge,then it is unlikely to be Jetstar/AirAsia flying under one brand.

deal was already signed but still yet to be revealed to public. so far as what was told by TF, they'll be starting ops somewhere in april/may 2010. will furnish when i have more details.

Any pics in the net of AirAsia X first flight to Abu Dhabi, India etc...

Or delivery of new aircraft/cerfemony etc?

Seems there is lack of pics for this airlines when comes this..

Azran's new year 2010 wishes.

Azran Osman-Rani

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard AirAsia X flight number YR2010. Please ensure your seats are upright and your seatbelts are fastened. We're about to take-off on an unpredictable adventure - with possible stops to Sydney, Seoul, New York, Delhi, Mumbai, New Zealand, Paris... Happy New Year!

A contest with a grand prize of the soon to be terminated/suspended route.

AirAsia

January 4 at 10:13am Report

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! AirAsia's social media team is aiming to kickstart, rev up and blast 2010 off with a bang!

4 GRAND Prizes to Beijing for FOUR pax! You heard that right. (Woot!)

- Return trips of LCCT-Tianjin (Beijing)

- 5 days / 4 nights hotel accommodation

- and!!! Tour vouchers for 9 spots and activities (worth RM200 each)

Open to all fans from any part of the world! This is it! For being with us and to celebrate the awesomeness and coolness of Tianjin (Beijing), what better way than to win for yourselves an all paid trip to Beijing?

Mission:

'Andy and Jane' have lost their way in Beijing. we are sending you to assist them. Guide them through every Adventure. Prove to us that you are the fastest and the most accurate in this Niu-Beijing challenge, and win all that treasure. We mean it.

No time to waste. Mouses ready, let's have some fun and win, win, win with NIU-Beijing.

http://www.niubeijing.com the place to be

You heard it first on the AirAsia Facebook Fanpage, the only Facebook account that matters.

Oh, so the winner of that contest will fly to Beijing through Tianjin when the route is relaunched. I hope it will LOL.

Just to share a new announcement from FireFly:

Firefly Airlines

January 6 at 4:42am Report

Dear Fans,

Malaysia Airlines is organizing its charity show in Skypark Subang Terminal on this Saturday, 9th January 2010.

There will be lots of show, activities and bazaar.

Most importantly, Firefly will also be there in supporting charity show. There will be lots of games and cool prizes to be won and not to forget our merchandise is on SALES!

Our Facebook Fans will enjoy more discount on our merchandise upon showing us the coupon on that day.

So, what are you waiting for? Be Firefly Facebook Fan and enjoy more benefits!

See you there!