MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Georg Burdicek

Air France A330 F-GZCP Flight AF447 GIG-CDG Crashed Into the Atlantic Ocean All 228 POB Killed

Just because Air France has a big name doesn't mean it has the best safety record. Its like QANTAS people think its the worlds safest airline as seen by last year <_< . Hmm Rainmnan

Just because Air France has a big name doesn't mean it has the best safety record. Its like QANTAS people think its the worlds safest airline as seen by last year <_ . hmm rainmnan>

I personally still see QF as a very safe carrier. It had some incidents but it has never had any accident with fatality before. QF has got to be one of the safest airlines in the world.

Just because Air France has a big name doesn't mean it has the best safety record. Its like QANTAS people think its the worlds safest airline as seen by last year <_ . hmm rainmnan>

But they do have a long history.

But, not as long as KLM :pardon: :p

if only klm's chief pilot didn't fly that 747 at tennerife rainman would have said klm not the flying kangaroo :rolleyes:

Long history isn't the determinant of reliability or quality.

Take cars for example, Ford has a long history but it does not mean they are making the best car in the world. :) In fact, they make some of the world's crappiest cars and worst gas guzzlers.

Long history isn't the determinant of reliability or quality.

Take cars for example, Ford has a long history but it does not mean they are making the best car in the world. :) In fact, they make some of the world's crappiest cars and worst gas guzzlers.

I am more than 100% agree!

the world's crappiest cars and worst gas guzzlers.

This is OT !!! :angry:

However, Ford Focus and Ford Ka have good mileage...

I just wanna know,what are the latest body count of the incident?

Naim's message said 'first 50 bodies'.... :mellow:

Naim's message said 'first 50 bodies'.... :mellow:

My goodness,first 50 bodies? :blink:

Let's hope more bodies to be recovered;definately a torture for the family members knowing that the bodies of their beloved ones are yet to be recovered.

It's a tragedy for those families whereby some of the other bodies haven't found yet. Learning that 50 bodies have been found. :cray:

Air France crash investigators: relatives must be patient

Air crash investigators are "getting closer" to understanding what brought down the Air France jet in the Atlantic, but have urged relatives to have "a lot of patience".

---

By Henry Samuel in Paris

Published: 11:38AM BST 17 Jun 2009

Speaking in Paris, they announced that a 50th body has been found in the choppy waters of the ocean, where bad weather is hampering the search.

They said that 400 pieces of wreckage from "all zones" of Flight 447 had been recovered, and the picture of what went wrong was slowly becoming clearer.

"Considering all the work that has been done and all we have at our disposal, I think we may be getting a bit closer to our goal," said Paul-Louis Arslanian, head of France's air accident investigation bureau, the BEA.

However, he urged the public to show "a lot of patience" while the search for wreckage and bodies continued - hampered by "unfavourable conditions".

"We are doing all we can to recover the flight recorders and bodies, and we cannot say today what we will succeed in doing," said Mr Arslanian, adding: "It is virtually certain that we will not recover the entire aircraft.

"We are doing all we can, and it is very difficult," he stressed, warning it was impossible to accurately predict the investigation's chances of success.

Automatic data sent from the Airbus A330 before it crashed earlier this month showed unreliable speed readings from the aircraft's sensors, but investigators insist it is too early to say whether this contributed to the accident.

Air France on Monday announced it had replaced all of the older-generation probes found on the doomed jet on all of its long-haul aircraft.

The plane sent a flurry of failure messages in the last four minutes before it went down in a tropical storm en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris.

Experts have all but ruled out a mid-explosion as the bodies reportedly show no signs of burns, but believe the jet probably broke up in the air because of the location of victims' bodies found more than 50 miles apart.

Hervé Morin, France's defence minister, promised on Tuesday that the hunt for more wreckage and bodies would continue while there was hope of finding the plane's black boxes.

Homing signals from the flight data and cockpit voice recorders are being sought by the Brazilian military, a French nuclear submarine and Dutch ships towing two high-tech US Navy listening devices.

Their beacons will fade within two weeks.

Nelson Jobim, Brazil's defence minister, said the French would continue searching and helping to identify the bodies, but the entire identification process would take place in Brazil "to avoid double autopsies, which would be a horrible thing for the families".

The BEA said it was still awaiting post mortem details from Brazilian coroners.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...be-patient.html

I personally still see QF as a very safe carrier. It had some incidents but it has never had any accident with fatality before. QF has got to be one of the safest airlines in the world.

It's a myth! QF never lost a JET aircraft, but go back in history to the old days of the early planes, and then you'll find that they've had fatal accidents before.

Probabilistically, the 'safest' airline is the one which just had a bad crash. So Air France it is. Think about it. :)

I agreed with you. :drinks:

Probabilistically, the 'safest' airline is the one which just had a bad crash. So Air France it is. Think about it. :)

The story with Air France is that it seems to have a bad crash every few years (the A340 in Toronto was in 2005 and the Concorde a few years earlier).

How do we gauge when is the time they will become safer? After which crash? How I wish we all have crystal balls :unsure:

That would then based on the length of operation of all airlines, right? So assuming all airlines begin at the same time and do the same frequency of flights, at the least, this claim will be true.

Or perhaps you can enlighten me/us about your reasoning, Naim... :)

That would then based on the length of operation of all airlines, right? So assuming all airlines begin at the same time and do the same frequency of flights, at the least, this claim will be true.

Or perhaps you can enlighten me/us about your reasoning, Naim... :)

Teoh, Dr Naim is trying to ask us to to think simple here.. what airlines would crash twice in a forth night rite? so Air France can be very safe for travel now for maybe at least 1-2 years.. then u can start avoiding them again hahaha.. simplicity thought :rolleyes:

Teoh, Dr Naim is trying to ask us to to think simple here.. what airlines would crash twice in a forth night rite? so Air France can be very safe for travel now for maybe at least 1-2 years.. then u can start avoiding them again hahaha.. simplicity thought :rolleyes:

Hehehe ... I'd avoid Qantas at all costs - the Law of Large Numbers says a biggie is long overdue now. :pardon:

Oh, yeah, now I see what is meant... Thanks! :D Yup, that's right. Now I get the logic and I agree.

Hehehe ... I'd avoid Qantas at all costs - the Law of Large Numbers says a biggie is long overdue now. :pardon:

And doesn't that mean some carriers we're all too close and too familiar with! :blink:

And doesn't that mean some carriers we're all too close and too familiar with! :blink:

With the Law of Large Numbers? Definitely so. :)

With the Law of Large Numbers? Definitely so. :)

Oh no...