MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
S V Choong

First China-assembled A320 test flight successful

The danger (apparently lah :) ) in China is the possibility of additional production runs on top of the official ones, during midnight shifts :D

Yeah, you will probably get an AIRBU5 A32O, instead AIRBUS A320

On a similar vein, a chinese made BOEING 747 will likely be the BOING 747

And if you have the name expressed in mandarin, no one will be the wiser :D

Much like the concept of Completely Knocked Down (CKD) kits for car? ie. Cars' component were made in Japan and then assembled in a foreign country?

More like "Made in Europe, Assembled in China", IMO. :pardon:

Oh, like the Mercedes Benz C Series here in Malaysia.

I'm worried .... made in CHINA.... can or not???!!! In the long run.. I am very worried about the safety.. the quality....!!! the list can go on!1

China is capable of assembling high quality products as well as low quality products. It is all up to the customers' budget. You are not willing to pay much then you'll the low quality ones. Whatever you want, China will be able to make for you.

But China was also responsible for the tainted milk and Mattel toy disasters.

Mattel is fully aware of the material used. China is only doing as ordered/directed :rolleyes:

The quality of workmanship is...

Depends on how much you are willing to pay ................

Many things that we use are actually came and made in China. Just that we are not aware of it. Many branded goods are made in China with more opening up factories there. For example, Nike and Adidas. A good Nike shoes can cost RM500+. But do we hear people stop buying Nike shoes or seriously overpriced Nike sports shirts ? The answer is no ;)

On the other hand the Airbuses and Boeings that we saw on "Air Crash Investigations" are mostly assembled either in Europe or Seattle. :p

:rofl:

If I am not wrong, some of the MD-90s which was assembled in China (by AVIC-I or AVIC-II) made their way to some US Airlines. Some were sold to other airlines when the MD-90s were retired by Chinese Airlines.

If i'm not mistaken, some M90 assembled in China are currently operated by DL (Delta Airlines).

LOL !

Edited by Isaac

After AIRBUS A320 and AIRBU5 A320, how about AIR8US A320 ? :p

Actually in mandarin, Air-8-us isn't that far off anyway :D

After AIRBUS A320 and AIRBU5 A320, how about AIR8US A320 ? :p

Actually in mandarin, Air-8-us isn't that far off anyway :D

Very creative, Mr. Tam. I like the Air-8-us version ;)

There is a term for any of those AIRBU5 A320 or AIR8US A320. It is referred to as 山寨版 (San Zhai Ban) "bandit" version in Chinese.

Mattel is fully aware of the material used. China is only doing as ordered/directed

You are right in this regard. Mattel had even apologised officially. However, this was not followed through later on after the initial "hoo-haas". People continues to blame China or Chinese made products in general.

Many did not even know that the products they get in their home countries are actually products which are specified by the businesses at their home countries. When s#1t happens, people shift their blames everywhere and in particular they shift their blames to China. So that they can get away from any responsibility and potential lawsuits.

Edited by S V Choong

Even if there is, there is no shame in putting in the statement on the plague. :drinks:

Well for those who are worried about quality and workmanship from a developing country, I hope you are not driving a Proton or Perodua. :)

But quality of my family's Perodua Myvi is pretty good. no creaking sound, it's solid, no loosely assembled parts..it is still gone good since my dad bought the car 4 years ago...

But quality of my family's Perodua Myvi is pretty good. no creaking sound, it's solid, no loosely assembled parts..it is still gone good since my dad bought the car 4 years ago...

My Gen-2 is also the same. No dreaded power window problem, only a few dings and scratches. My Honda City, on the other hand...well lets just say with the amount of money I've spent fixing it I can paint the Gen-2 several times over.

My Gen-2 is also the same. No dreaded power window problem, only a few dings and scratches. My Honda City, on the other hand...well lets just say with the amount of money I've spent fixing it I can paint the Gen-2 several times over.

The Gen2 has a very loud engine, just like Persona and the Campro powered Waja.

The Gen2 has a very loud engine, just like Persona and the Campro powered Waja.

I haven't noticed that...but then again I like to listen to the stereo loudly, so probably you're right.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

You're lucky , And I'm surprised !

Guys, the finished product.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sichuan-Air...-232/1537650/M/

Not surprise to see this in 1/400 scale soon. :p

Seems like China is now adopting the new format of aircraft registration B-501L, formerly aircraft registration in China and Taiwan are of B-1234 or B-12345 format.

This idea is similar to registration found on Japanese airlines. ie. JA701J

Seems like China is now adopting the new format of aircraft registration B-501L, formerly aircraft registration in China and Taiwan are of B-1234 or B-12345 format.

This idea is similar to registration found on Japanese airlines. ie. JA701J

B-SOIL?.. :blink: They could request for other numbers... B-888L for eg...

B-SOIL?.. :blink: They could request for other numbers... B-888L for eg...

SOIL will probably yield bad omen... hope not! :)

All the B-888s, B-333s, B-999s will probably be prebooked and reserved for special political or business figures in China :)

SOIL will probably yield bad omen... hope not! :)

All the B-888s, B-333s, B-999s will probably be prebooked and reserved for special political or business figures in China :)

SOIL is one of the five elements in Chinese Astrology. :D