MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Airports' & Airlines' Operational Statistics

Why not follow the normal GLC practice (e.g. original KLIA, PLUS, etc.) - get the government to bear the construction costs but MAHB pockets all the revenue?

8 hours ago, jani said:

Government still needs to source for the money somewhere. GST?

Trade palm oil with some countries...barter trading. Worth exploring......:P

12 hours ago, jani said:

Government still needs to source for the money somewhere. GST?

MOF is very well verse in PPP, Private Partnership Program, like the Kulim Airport project. Government no need to pay a single cent (kononnya).

3 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Trade palm oil with some countries...barter trading. Worth exploring......:P

Or maybe invite some big economy power to join the project like the previous gomen did. LOL.

18 hours ago, Kenny Sing said:

MOF is very well verse in PPP, Private Partnership Program, like the Kulim Airport project. Government no need to pay a single cent (kononnya).

Or maybe invite some big economy power to join the project like the previous gomen did. LOL.

Turkey! The new IST airport is humongous!

3 hours ago, prosibu1 said:

2019 Q4 stats released. 2020 could be a tough year...

2019.JPG

It seems KUL T1 has reached its design capacity of 30m ppa, about 10 years behind original projection. Strange to find MAHB is quiet on expansion either to build satellite terminal 2 or KLIA 3.

no funding maybe? or probably it is a "norm" for MAHB to operate the airport beyond designed capacity for their airports to make it a stress test for their design, LOL, take a look on previous KKIA T2, PIA now.

1 hour ago, Kenny Sing said:

no funding maybe? or probably it is a "norm" for MAHB to operate the airport beyond designed capacity for their airports to make it a stress test for their design, LOL, take a look on previous KKIA T2, PIA now.

Well, the former LCCT was operating at twice the capacity limit and Penang also is above capacity.

yeah, that's why i said probably a norm for MAHB to operate the terminal beyond the design capacity before they really into the serious consideration of securing funding and expansion plan.

No funding is indeed the reason. With government like this, fragile like this, it will be some while before these things can be finalized.

How likely that PEN redevelopment be placed on back burner now, considering recent political changes ?

6 hours ago, Kenny Sing said:

no funding maybe? or probably it is a "norm" for MAHB to operate the airport beyond designed capacity for their airports to make it a stress test for their design, LOL, take a look on previous KKIA T2, ...

Yes, BKI T2 was already overcrowded. Then the red one decided to stay put for ages instead of shifting to T1 when that was ready, all the while pax numbers kept increasing. That obviously did not help matters one bit, safe to say :)

1 minute ago, BC Tam said:

Yes, BKI T2 was already overcrowded. Then the red one decided to stay put for ages instead of shifting to T1 when that was ready, all the while pax numbers kept increasing. That obviously did not help matters one bit, safe to say :)

remember the scene of 3-4 flights (from peninsular, Sarawak or international) arrive front and back, and when in the departure hall during peak hours... :crazy:

4 hours ago, Samuel Chy said:

remember the scene of 3-4 flights (from peninsular, Sarawak or international) arrive front and back .....

I once ended up in the open air outside arrival hall queued up for immigration clearance - heck more pleasant there than the stifling atmosphere inside hall proper (though I doubt many of my fellow queue members appreciated sniffing Jet-A1 fumes as I did 😀)

11 hours ago, BC Tam said:

I once ended up in the open air outside arrival hall queued up for immigration clearance - heck more pleasant there than the stifling atmosphere inside hall proper (though I doubt many of my fellow queue members appreciated sniffing Jet-A1 fumes as I did 😀)

i just remember my guest from HK say they nearly wan go back to the aircraft halfway the immigration queue, during the peak hour arrival at 1pm. during the time, flight back from KL, JB, HK & TW, and the sky nearly cavok... 

KKIA T2 is famous for jam everywhere, from inside out. if you have weather related diversion and when the weather recovers and all the diverted flights coming in, fuh! you even have aircraft holding at taxiway to wait for their turn! Now after consolidation into T1, no more, but then, AK still use T1 as a reason of their slow expansion for BKI, i have no idea why they said so.

One of the reason for the forced moving to t1 was the launching of Tanjung Aru Eco Development(TAED) which privatize a lot of the land in Tanjung Aru thereby limiting terminal 2's extension. Change of Government in the election, then they say it has been cancelled and then backtrack months later. Now with a new government in charge wonder how is TAED status now.

Tanjung aru looks like a shithole now. Just go to Langkawi Pantai Cenang beaches and you can find all sorts of bars, fast food, prime north indian restaurants filled with middle eastern and Caucasian tourist.. All we have is lucys kitchen. So much lost of market opportunity cause were so busy entertaining Prcs and Koreans. Now with effective ban on both tourist groups due to corona wonder how much can our state handle the lost of income.

23 minutes ago, Kenny Sing said:

KKIA T2 is famous for jam everywhere, from inside out. if you have weather related diversion and when the weather recovers and all the diverted flights coming in, fuh! you even have aircraft holding at taxiway to wait for their turn! Now after consolidation into T1, no more, but then, AK still use T1 as a reason of their slow expansion for BKI, i have no idea why they said so.

back then only 6 or 7 aircraft based here only. now they have 9 aircraft based in BKI, how they moved back to T2? not sure how much left after the Virus 

they always lobby for T2 expansion as T2 operating model is easier for AK, think about KKIA T2 is KLIA LCCT at a smaller scale. this virus thing gonna be temporary, end of the day when the tourist volume returns, everything will back to usual business

9 hours ago, jahur said:

One of the reason for the forced moving to t1 was the launching of Tanjung Aru Eco Development(TAED) which privatize a lot of the land in Tanjung Aru thereby limiting terminal 2's extension. Change of Government in the election, then they say it has been cancelled and then backtrack months later. Now with a new government in charge wonder how is TAED status now.

Tanjung aru looks like a shithole now. Just go to Langkawi Pantai Cenang beaches and you can find all sorts of bars, fast food, prime north indian restaurants filled with middle eastern and Caucasian tourist.. All we have is lucys kitchen. So much lost of market opportunity cause were so busy entertaining Prcs and Koreans. Now with effective ban on both tourist groups due to corona wonder how much can our state handle the lost of income.

wasn't a bad thing afterall, though i wasn't live in KK but i still prefer the tranquil KK before the insurgence of PRCs and Koreans. never the less, they will return someday when this virus thing is over.

28 minutes ago, Kenny Sing said:

wasn't a bad thing afterall, though i wasn't live in KK but i still prefer the tranquil KK before the insurgence of PRCs and Koreans. never the less, they will return someday when this virus thing is over.

I prefer some form of advancement. Other states are improving. Sabah is improving as well but is not very good at maintaining quality. 

same thing goes to anywhere in malaysia bro. take a look in penang, after getting world heritage status in 2008, i can see commercialized buildings sprouts in the town. i think penang should be similiar situation with KK now due to the COVID-19 effect.

3 hours ago, Kenny Sing said:

same thing goes to anywhere in malaysia bro. take a look in penang, after getting world heritage status in 2008, i can see commercialized buildings sprouts in the town. i think penang should be similiar situation with KK now due to the COVID-19 effect.

I never liked penang though most of the stuff just overrated even revisiting thruce.

Its a different thing Langkawi though and even melaka when i was studying there. But then again the market there is different. For LGK there are direct Russian and Eu charters flights available. We used to have that in Bki but they aint coming back state doesnt seem to promote much about sepilok etc anymore.

Edited by jahur