MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Airports' & Airlines' Operational Statistics

Better hope the HNA Group stays afloat too :)
Nah, whether Hainan or whoever, I guess the China flights into TWU will happen, soon. The lady minister seem to have made that her signature promise to her electorate - can tahan or not is another issue ....

Better hope the HNA Group stays afloat too :)

Nah, whether Hainan or whoever, I guess the China flights into TWU will happen, soon. The lady minister seem to have made that her signature promise to her electorate - can tahan or not is another issue ....

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw the name Hainan.......

Noticed a significant drop in pax numbers at East Malaysia mainly at airports fully operated by MH's RAS operator. Mulu, Limbang, Lahad Datu, STOL Sabah and STOL Sarawak. Its either lesser people are travelling between those airports or Maswings having operational reliability issues.

TWU doing well due to massive increase of PRC pax via BKI/KUL and also introduction of OD on the BKI-TWU vv sector. AK too have added frequencies.

For SZB, believed to be due to temporary suspension of SIN flights by FY due to the Seletar ILS fiasco. Things should improve this after resumption of service to SIngapore (XSP).

For SZB, believed to be due to temporary suspension of SIN flights by FY due to the Seletar ILS fiasco. Things should improve this after resumption of service to SIngapore (XSP).

I think it is more due to both FY and OD reducing capacity rather than the Singapore flights. Singapore flights only stopped in December, accounting for only one month of the year. Edited by flee

I had a look at the list of 10 largest airlines operating in KUL in 2018 and was surprised to discover that Saudia is now the 8th largest airlines in KUL!

Gone are the days of Qatar Airways and KLM in the list.

screenshot-en.wikipedia.org-2019.05.04-10-37-21.png

Wow what an increase for some airports but sadly some have suffered tremendously.

Amazing that some airports have recorded a 50% increment, hopefully it increases since they are neglected :clapping:

The race is on between SDK and BTU to see who will join the million pax club first haha...

I think it will be BTU. Heard there's lot of new shopping malls and hotels under construction in Bintulu at the moment. Provided the government do enough promotion on Bintulu to outside tourists.

Edited by GeO

I think it will be BTU. Heard there's lot of new shopping malls and hotels under construction in Bintulu at the moment. Provided the government do enough promotion on Bintulu to outside tourists.

I think Bintulu is more a business destination (oil & gas) than a tourist place.

15 hours ago, flee said:

And that despite the IT meltdown in August!

IT meltdown didn't really prevent people from traveling - a lot were inconvenienced for sure.

6 hours ago, Kenny Sing said:

the passenger of HND despite the size of the airport itself. Quite astonishing.

They are very efficient - have used it a few times in recent years and waiting for immigration clearance and luggage delivery is way superior to KLIA.

I think it is able to handle more pax nowadays - they have a new and very much larger international terminal now.

2 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Is it a good time to build KLIA3 a.k.a Satellite B now? Based on the stat, KLIA is close to bursting its seams.

I think KLIA3 (god help us if they stick to that nomenclature) is effectively MTB2. 

Satellite B would still part of the current MTB. 

It wasn’t too long ago that MAHB said KLIA3 is decades away. MTB expansion should be the more immediate plan I believe. In any case I can’t see how they can rely on the existing MTB facilities to serve another Satellite terminal.

5 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Is it a good time to build KLIA3 a.k.a Satellite B now? Based on the stat, KLIA is close to bursting its seams.

Didn't MAHB say they were going to extend MTB a little as well?

Yes, I think having Satellite B now would be the right thing to do. I am not sure if KLIA can continue to grow that much in the next 10 years, given that MAG is rudderless with regards to long term plans and AAG is finding it difficult to increase capacity without sacrificing long term yields.