MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
dsim

mas online ticket - why has to key in credit card info 2 times?

i just booked domestic tickets online from mas website. chose to pay via credit card. why did the website directed to "rhb" website to ask for credit card info (card number, expiry date, ccv) for the 2nd time, after i have entered it at mas website?

I was never ask to enter my credit card information twice when making a reservation at malaysiaairlines.com. Last time i will be directed to CIMB site to key in my Mastercard secure code pin number before they authorize the payment to the ticket but not anymore. Now once i keyed in my credit card number, expiry date, CVV number and my name on the card (no need to key in billing address) then i'll receive a confirmation code from MAS in just a few seconds.

Edited by Isaac

I was never ask to enter my credit card information twice when making a reservation at malaysiaairlines.com. Last time i will be directed to CIMB site to key in my Mastercard secure code pin number before they authorize the payment to the ticket but not anymore. Now once i keyed in my credit card number, expiry date, CVV number and my name on the card (no need to key in billing address) then i'll receive a confirmation code from MAS in just a few seconds.

Actually it depends on the bank and type of credit card.

Alliance bank still asks for the second key-in.

its the security check for mastercard/visa that the banks employ. Did you use a RHB credit card?

it is not rhb card. guess what, i chk today, the booking did not go thru even though the bank called me last nite to confirm the transaction... duh.

so, called mas hotline, press 1 and 8 for internet booking. was told that my booking was cancelled (reason - bank transaction did not go thru?) the call centre agent rebooked same flight for me, and was advised that the ticket info will be email to me in 3 days (yes, 3 hari - not 3 minit)... ok lor - wait for 3 days lor. :drinks:

I just purchased a ticket yesterday using my CIMB Mastercard. Yes I have to enter the CIMB securepay thingy.

MAS no longer directed me to CIMB Mastercard Securepay anymore for quite sometime already. I wondered why ... And CIMB also no longer call my mom (the principal cardholder) to verify the payment whenever i used my credit card to book a ticket on malaysiaairlines.com. CIMB Bank, however did call before they authorize the payment to jetstar when i booked a flight to SIN in late January.